[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Restaurant conspiracy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: girls_telling_racist_jokes.png (739 KB, 787x525) Image search: [Google]
girls_telling_racist_jokes.png
739 KB, 787x525
Can someone who works in the restaurant business quell my conspiracy anxiety?

If people at a restaurant are done eating and just sitting at the table talking, do you turn on the AC in that
particular area in an effort to make them want to leave?
>>
>>7803896

No, it would be pretty much unheard of to have the ability to control the A/C by the area that much.

A place might have, say, a seperate control for the bar area and then another for the main dining room. But what you suggest is unheard of.

Also, doing that to me would have the opposite effect. I love cold A/C blowing on me.
>>
>>7803896
Alcohol causes your blood vessels to dilate thus cooling you. Drinking cold drinks will cool your core body temp. Many desserts are ice cream based or some other frozen treat again cooling you. This is why you are feeling cooler at the end of a meal. Though it is a well known tactic in restaurants to keep it cooler so patrons will want to eat more and therefore make them more money.
>>
>>7803909
Well now I just have more restaurant conspiracy theories.
>>
Unless we have people lining up for tables we let patrons stay because they generally tend to do some heavy drinking after meals and the few who don't we allow them to hang around anyway because they are still enjoying the atmosphere.

We run an actual restaurant not a cheap fast food get in get out chain like olive garden.
>>
>>7803896

Most restaurants make money off of the drinks more than the food so I don't think they want you to get out in general. If you've been sipping water for an hour after the meal, different story.
>>
>>7803896

Cant speak for american restaurants but no one does it here, just go to the bar to drink your coffee if you think theyre fucking with you, unless theyre really packed and need that table in which case you honestly should just leave since if its a good restaurant they can always use the extra business to stay afloat.

Unless its a corperation restaurant, then who cares.
>>
Idk, ive felt the same thing in a few restaurants.
>>
I was outside smoking at work and overheard a conversation between a couple managers that will blow your mind.

They needed a new person on the bar, and instead of picking the girl who'd worked in multiple restaurants and had bartended before, they chose the girl who had just started as a server for the first time, after moving up from hostess, get this... because she was more attractive!

I tell you, there's some pretty shady stuff that goes on behind the scenes.
>>
>>7804530
You think that having an attractive bartender isn't a good business decision?
>>
>>7805428

While a true - if mundane - story, it was a joke.

The only thing like a conspiracy taking place in restaurants is in giant corporate chains where they do little things to get an extra penny here or there by lowering the quality slightly in every place they can think of.

In a real restaurant everyone is too busy to blast cold air on a specific table or jerk off into your food if you send it back.
>>
>>7803896
They don't do this. If it's busy, they usually want you to leave within a half hour of finishing your meals if you're not continuing to order drinks or desserts. If after the servers bring you your bill they keep stopping by in short intervals to ask you if you need anything else, it means they want the table. This is when you should order something else or leave because they are losing money.

Otherwise, you're just in a bad spot under a vent. You should have asked to move before your meal.
>>
>people who deny this are all in on the conspiracy
>>
Funny read but no just keep the whole building cold enough to induce cryogenic narcolepsy to get everyone to leave
>>
No but they will occasionally throw an open bag of spiders at a table to get you to leave.
>>
ITT: /x/ visits /ck/
>>
Restaurants will pump scents into the air to attract customers.
>>
>>7804530
You don't move up from hostess to waitress. It is a lateral move. Actually the company gets to pay you less due to tipping. It can seem like a promotion I guess but you are only earning more when the tips are good.
>>
>>7806574

>you don't move up from hostess to waitress

It's definitely a move up, both in the sense that hostess is the job they give to the girls with the least experience, and also in the sense that a waitress will always make more in tips than the hostess. Waitresses also talk down to the hostess; it's basically the FoH bitch position.
>>
>>7806586
It doesn't take experience to take orders, move dishes of food from the kitchen to the table, and remove them when the patrons are done. Tipping culture is the only reason waitresses do better. Both are dead end jobs. Waitresses are pretty haughty. They talk down or look down on everyone though they are minimum wage peasants.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.