[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I prevent a hangover? I've always loved drinking,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
How can I prevent a hangover?

I've always loved drinking, but lately I've been getting these devastatingly severe hangovers the next day that pretty much leave me completely incapacitated for the entire day.

I've tried all the tricks - milk before drinking, starchy foods, plenty of water, and so on. Nothing seems to work. It doesn't seem to matter what I drink either.

Am I going to have to just give up drinking completely? Help me /ck/
>>
drink a bloody mary after you wake up
>>
>/ck/ is blog and search engine all in one
>>
>he doesn't like hangover boners

Try weed.
>>
>>7802616
Pace yourself. I've found that drinking too much too quickly is the biggest factor in me getting a hangover.
>>
How much drink and how much water do you drink/when do you drink it?
I find that if I drink water while im drinking and not just at the end of the night it helps a lot, and also eating while drinking rather than making a huge drunk meal at the end. Getting lots of sleep also helps
Dont drink on an empty stomach either, have a good meal before you start
>>
>>7802616
>wants to reduce hangover
>makes no mention of amount of alcohol consumed

The only solution is to shove a pickle up your ass before going to bed. Pickle juice is a known cure for a hangover but absorbing it anally is the only way it will help you.
>>
>>7802668
Usually I'm sipping on water throughout the drinking session. I drink a lot of water in general so I always have a full glass nearby.

I always try to eat before drinking, I've never liked to drink on an empty stomach

I'm starting to think I might just be shit out of luck
>>
>>7802616
you can prevent a hangover by staying away from drugs and alcohol.
>>
>>7802686
Hey, hey hey. Hold up. Lets not bring drugs into this. We are talking about alcohol.
>>
>>7802682
you might just be drinking too damn much bro
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 205x245) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 205x245
>>7802692
Nice meme bro
>>
>>7802692
I do like to drink a lot, but even when I don't, I still get really bad hangovers. Last time I drank I had half a bottle of Famous Grouse whiskey over the course of a night (not even drunk, just tipsy) and I STILL got destroyed by a hangover the next day
>>
>>7802710
Try something triple distilled. New Amsterdam is cheap, tasty and low to no hangover, to mention one.

The problem is whiskey. Probably allergic to the aging barrels or something.
>>
>>7802710
>I had half a bottle of Famous Grouse whiskey over the course of a night
>not even drunk, just tipsy

You drink a lot. I drink way more than you but you still drink too much. Dont become me.
>>
File: 1433265025305.jpg (146 KB, 1100x522) Image search: [Google]
1433265025305.jpg
146 KB, 1100x522
>>7802668
I drink >=.5 of a fifth of vodka every night

Not to mention I drink mouthwash a good AMT during the day if I'm doing Jack shit

I chase with water and drink easily 2 gallons every time I drink.

I really don't get hangovers. Just wake up earlier but have some mouthwash and coffee and I'm good.

Maybe I'm used to it. But yeah just drink more water. For every drink you have, have a glass of agua

22 just graduated college and no job yet so it's happened a lot
>>
>>7802616
Drink a rehydration drink in between drinks (not between every drink) during the evening/night. Then one more just before bed.

This works really well for me at least.
>>
File: mexican_monstrosity.webm (3 MB, 472x796) Image search: [Google]
mexican_monstrosity.webm
3 MB, 472x796
>>7802717
Same as
>>7802744
And I drink new Amsterdam vodka. Liked their gin and tried the vodka and I agree. Svedka and rotgut have destroyed me a few times
>>
>>7802744
OP here, I'm 27. Apparently hangovers get worse as you get older. Maybe that's it, I'm just too fucking old? But 27 still seems quite young to be giving up drinking though
>>
>>7802752
Better start building up a tolerance, you pussy. Drink more often.

Do you get enough sleep?
>>
>>7802770
>Do you get enough sleep?
I usually don't sleep that much... is that what's causing it?
>>
>>7802752
I see you keep ignoring the posts saying you drink too much and jump to the conclusion that you need to give up drinking. Let me spell it out for you. Half a fifth is a lot. For any age. Maybe you use to be able to deal with it and maybe you are getting too old to drink that much, but it was TOO MUCH AT ANY AGE. You are on the path to becoming an alcoholic. DRINK LESS.
>>
>>7802782
Yup. Only reasons for a hangover: Hungry, Thirsty, or Sleepy. Your body wants you to lay in bed for a reason.
>>
>>7802782
thats probably it. If I dont sleep much after drinking I feel like complete shit
>>
>>7802786
>You are on the path to becoming an alcoholic.
Please. I drink a few glasses of liquor at night every 2-3 weeks and now I'm becoming an alcoholic? Do you realize how retarded you're sounding right now?

>>7802791
>>7802800
Thanks chaps, I'll try and get some quality sleep next time and see if it helps
>>
>>7802744
I hope you don't actually swallow the mouthwash. That has ingredients that are harmful to your body if ingested.
>>
>>7802616

N-Acetyl Cysteine, take 2 before you pass out. you'll still be tired but you won't get the headache which is usually the worst part.
>>
>>7802751
That fucking webm.
No words.
>>
Drink lots of fluids.

Alcohols a diuretic. You'll notice you piss a lot when you're out drinking. As a consequence. you end up dehydrated the next morning. Lots of the symptoms are caused, or at least compounded by dehydration. It's just that generally shitty feeling, mild headache, mild muscle soreness, just all around feeling like shit.

Every notice that a lot of people recommend having another drink to cure a hangover? Or a big greasy breakfast, usually accompanied by lots to drink?

Well drink up.
>>
>>7802791
That's not true at all, but being hungry, thirsty, or sleepy does make a hangover a lot worse.
>>
>>7802940
I was an alcoholic for years, my facts may be skewed. Also, I just make shit up from time to time.
>>
drinking just about the same amount of water while you drink keeps my fiennds at i fine
>>
Do your limbs hurt like hell after drinking, anons?
I've started to encounter that problem and I am pretty sure that's not how hangover goes. Worst of all, a fucking bottle of beer will produce that resut.
I shall try drinking a lot of water next time to counter that shit.
>>
File: 1342003777211.jpg (45 KB, 400x382) Image search: [Google]
1342003777211.jpg
45 KB, 400x382
>>7802616
Chug plenty of water RIGHT BEFORE YOU GO TO SLEEP.

Have a hearty breakfast in the morning. If you feel too sick to stomache anything in morning, stop drinking breh.
>>
>>7802895
Do you know where you are?
>>
For year's of trying I've finally found what works best: Don't drink alcohol the night before

Although I barely get a hangover nowadays. I drink less anyway though, but the next day I'll just sleep until I can get out of the bed and the day is spent sweating uncomfortably and that's it.
>>
>>7802752

i binge drank when i was young. when i first started really drinking in my early 20s, i could get wasted having a great time, pass out, and be up the next morning feeling great. i did this only on weekends, and not every weekend of course. about 24-25 i started getting hangovers. by 26-27 i had really slowed down the binge drinking to just drinking a bit at parties. even a small amount, not even drunk, i'd really pay for it with a hangover the next day.

i think it's just your body telling you to stop. you should listen.
>>
Stay hydrated while you're drinking. If that's too much hassle just chug some water before you go to sleep.

Sober up a bit before you go to sleep. Wait until everything doesn't feel like it's spinning when you close your eyes before you fall asleep.

Munch down a couple of paracetemol or aspirin before you sleep.
>>
>>7803100

diabeetus
>>
>>7802616
>>7802975
>>
>>7802710
Could it be a form of allergy?
>>
>>7802677
This i usually put 7 to 10 gerkins up there befor bed
>>
>>7803532
I see people in their 30s and 40s getting wasted no problem. 27 seems like far too young an age to be giving up drinking completely because your body can't handle it anymore
>>
>>7802782
yes. yes it is very likely to be the problem. I experience more hangover-like symptoms when i'm sleep-deprived after a dry night than if i went to bed normally when wasted.

Alcohol also makes your sleep shittier so you need more of it to feel equally rested. You're even more sleep-deprived than you think you are.

Word of mouth tells me that your ability to deal with chronically not sleeping goes off a fucking cliff very early on in the process of getting old, too, possibly faster than how you get more vulnerable to hangovers.
>>
>>7802951
not an alcoholic but I sleep like shit. going with way too fucking little sleep hurts a lot of the same shit hangovers hurt. could be his problem if he's not just super vulnerable to getting fucked in the liver.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.