[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ck/ I'm poor and feeling pretty tired all the time probably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
/ck/ I'm poor and feeling pretty tired all the time probably from malnourishment.

I have pots, pans and knives, a stove and an oven but no microwave, what are some essentials I should pick up when I go shopping tomorrow? I've got $100 between my roommate and I to spend on food.

Thanks
>>
Get a 5 pound bag of rice.some chicken thighs (or whatever's cheap) and keeo chicken stockpiled in freezer.and toilet paper.get some Santa Maria seasoning as well for chicken and other seasonings other than that.about it.
>>
>>7802001
get a beef rib roast.
>>
>>7802022
Got it, thanks
>>7802028
I'll look for it, thanks guys
>>
The food you want to eat. You can look up how to cook pretty much anything you pick up, so may as well just try whatever is on sale that looks good.

What basic shit should you have around to cook with? An oil that has a high smoke point (canola, safflower, etc, something besides extra virgin olive oil), Salt, Pepper, some kind of stock or bouillon, milk, butter, flour, sugar... then maybe spices/sauces to match what kind of food you're making.
>>
>>7802080
On it, Salt and pepper are surprisingly absent from out apartment.
>>
>>7802132
Oh, also onions, they go in pretty much everything and last a good month or so without going bad. Same with garlic.
>>
>>7802001

>Essential

Rice, onions, dried beans, salt n peppa, rolled oats, oil

>Optional

Bananas, chicken, peppers, canned tomato, lime, cilantro
>>
>>7802201
Also garlic and peanut butter under optional.
>>
At least get some vegetables. Like some combination of these:
Brocolli, cabbage, carrot, eggplant, peppers, onion, potato

>malnourishment
Maybe some multivitamins if they aren't too expensive could help as well. I don't know how much they would help though.
>>
Directions to the local food pantry.
>>
>>7802001

Prices vary drastically by store. Also google sale/discount day for your local grocery store. I save 25-75% just by buying meat on Tuesday or Wednesday at my local store because thats when they always mark down to move close to expiration meats and Wednesday has overlaps on weekly sales.

Highest priority

Milk
Butter
Meat
Beans
Rice
Potatoes

High priority

Veggies
Fruit (tends to be more expensive)
Oils

Nice to have

Onion
Garlic
Spices (also often expensive, but a little goes a long way and lasts a long time)
Nuts
>>
Chicken, bags of rice and beans, broccoli, oats peanut butter
>>
. your best thing you can do, is not be a lazy piece of shit, and google for information yourself and educate yourself on what is a balanced meal to have on a daily basis

its really not fucking hard to google something, try it you faggot
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.