[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: retarded meme.png (1 MB, 2664x1508) Image search: [Google]
retarded meme.png
1 MB, 2664x1508
Explain this
>>
>>7800724
one is steak (medium rare please!) with mash potato = 1protein type + 1carbs type)

the other is steak (who gives a fuck some nob is serving it with rice) with rice and mash potato = 1 protein type + 2 carbs types)

Hope that makes it clear for you
>>
It's okay for fatty to back for a second portion of mashed potatoes, but serving potatoes and rice for the same meal seems redundant and pointless, unless you live in Hawaii and load those potatoes up with plenty of mayo.
>>
>>7800724
>Explain this

If it was wild rice and mashed potatoes for thanksgiving dinner, that seems OK.

White rice and mashed potatoes seems an odd choice, unless it's like a southern diner place that serves whatever sides you choose in a little bowl.

but i don't actually give a fuck what you eat. if you like white rice and potatoes for some reason... go for it
>>
>>7800724
It's just retarded ok, you can be as fat as you want, but it just is more presentable and not so redundant to have rice with potatoes or vice versa.
>>
>>7800724
It's interesting this weird autistic rule morons seem to limit their meal variety with.
>>
>>7800748
>hawaiifats will defend this
>>
File: absolutelydisgust.jpg (107 KB, 1600x899) Image search: [Google]
absolutelydisgust.jpg
107 KB, 1600x899
>>7800748
>>7800781
>implying Hawaiians eat potato salad
I live in Hawaii and I can assure you it's much, much worse
>>
File: Bowl_of_poi.jpg (538 KB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
Bowl_of_poi.jpg
538 KB, 3072x2304
>>7800818

Do you like poi? I tried some in Hawaii and it was awful. I like strange foods... but really didn't understand eating it if you aren't starving.
>>
>>7800818

Shit, I'm drunk.

Meant to say mayo-mac salad, but the first thing I thought of when I saw eating two carbs together was plate lunch and was already typing "p-o-t-a-t-o".
>>
>>7800818
Why is mac salad so big in Hawaii?

I mena, where did it come from?
>>
>>7800838

There's not always a clear story about how non-traditional Hawaiian staples came about. Not everyone even agrees on how Spam got so big (obviously it had something to do with the war, but there's also issues of restrictions put on fishing at the time and whatnot).

Half a dozen different cultures all came together to work on plantations and the US used the same small islands as military bases and vacation spots. Also, they are small fucking islands, and when something catches on it spreads fast. Goddamned Pogs started in a classroom in Hawaii and quickly spread across the entire state long before eventually making it back to the the mainland.
>>
>>7800827
The thing about poi is that it can be served in a variety of ways, with each way tasting a bit different. Like people will age this stuff in room temperature to get it sour and serve it with salt as a side dish, or some will pour sugar on it as soon as its made for a sweet taste. Either way, poi always has some sort of bitter taste and I'm not too fond of it either.

Funnily enough, people in the continental U.S. always explode over the really great looking things like Hawaiian barbecue and poke but always seem to forget some of the more traditional local staples that may not necessarily be visually great like poi and mac salad.
>>
>>7801149

>more traditional local staples...like poi and mac salad
>traditional staples
>mac salad

You what now?
>>
>>7800724
>Explain this

a shitlord tried to make a shitty meme. both pictures show a steak paired with too many carbs, but the "joke" is that most people will only react to the situation on the right. The truth is, neither meal is well balanced, given the over-abundance of carbs, lack of vegetables, and so on.

Basically, if you made that image, or like to enjoy your steak with too many carbs, you should kill yourself.
>>
>>7801199

Steak is a shitty, overindulgent dish to begin with. If you're going to splurge once in awhile you might as well pair it with whatever you want. There's a reason everything is sold a la carte at steak houses.
>>
>>7801221
>Steak is a shitty, overindulgent dish
>Steak is a shitty dish
>a shitty dish
>that is overindulgent

it can't be both "too good" (i.e. overindulgent) and "shitty" at the same time, Spergy. Not to mention that steak is literally just a piece of meat. If it comes out shitty it's only because you suck at cooking. It's simple, versatile, and best served as part of a balanced meal, senpai.
>>
>>7800827

>those green bowls

I feel like I've been to this restaurant

Is it that family owned place in Oahu that has like fifty thousand reviews from tourists.
>>
>>7801240

>"too good" (i.e. overindulgent)

The meaning of words you don't understand before posting next time.
>>
>>7801149

Thanks for the insight.

Yeah, I was actually super excited when I saw they were serving poi! Forget that colorful bbq crap!

I was like that at a Chinese dinner for a software conference when I saw they were serving jellyfish- 'Oh boy! Jellyfish!' While everyone else was grossed out. They all joke about that dinner being awful, and I wish they'd do something like that again.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.