[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I learn proper french cooking? Tired of all the fast food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
How do I learn proper french cooking? Tired of all the fast food nonsense.
>>
Go to culinairy school, preferably in France

but you can also buy books from great chefs like Pauli or Alain Ducasse, and work with their respective methods for the basics, make stocks, soups, pastries, pasta, it's all in there

also 'french' doesn't mean wholesome and vice-versa
>>
>>7800056
You gotta learn the mommy saucies
>>
>>7800056
You could start by getting a copy of Larousse Gastronomique.
>>
>>7800083
top tier aswell

Just buy a 101 school book and start applying the tecniques, oh and don't be afraid of handling a sharp knife, because you'll def cut yourself, kitchen appiances feed on human flesh.
>>
Make a roux

Drop the juices from whatever you cooked previously on it, add wine.

Serve with food

Wa-la!!! You're now a certified French chef
>>
>>7800129
>wa-la

your americunt is showing
>>
>>7800178
your new vag is showing
>>
Watch some MPW vids for ez mode.
>>
File: 1464368828405.png (101 KB, 478x305) Image search: [Google]
1464368828405.png
101 KB, 478x305
>>7800178
just get here today?
>>
Buy Le Guide Culinaire and teach yourself the cooking techniques as you go.
>>
>>7800056
Who is Julia Child?
It's easier than you'd think.
>>
>>7800076
>not mentioning julia child
she pioneered making french cooking accessible to the regular joe
>>
>>7800056
Just add more butter
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 199x253
>>7800226
>>7800222
>>7800209

>Julia Child will never give your bird a butter massage
>>
>>7800056
>>7800209
>>7800222
^this and this. Her "The Way To Cook" is without peer. It's not a book of recipes, it's a book of techniques. Jacques Pepin has a good work as well on technique of the same title, though it's a lot more opaque than Julia's.
>>
>>7800239
"The French Chef" cookbook is great as well, but it's just recipes. You'd do well to start with "The Way..." And work towards it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.