[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dutch Foods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8
What sort of foods do dutch people eat or are sort of traditional cuisines and where can you learning them
>>
I fucking love stroopwafels
>>
I need to know too. Suggest street food
>>
File: windmill-cookies.jpg (21 KB, 425x317) Image search: [Google]
windmill-cookies.jpg
21 KB, 425x317
>>7798238

Dutch make my favorite cookies Speculaas
>>
>>7798238
Disregarding the word "cuisine"
>>7798488
stroopwafels(honey or caramel)

Liquorice(sweet,salty hard n soft and with a good dose of ammonium chloride)

Peanut butter,Not that Dutch but I do like it alot better than the "skippy" brand they recently introduced.(calve is the brand to look out for(NOT CREAMY VERSION)

Gouda cheese,"belegen" is the one to search for

"Negerzoenen"(not called that anymore cuz of muh racism) and Jodekoeken(Jewcookies)

Weird but signifant
Paprika(bell pepper)flavoured chips(or crisps)
Never seen it elsewhere,tourist seem to love It and I might add its a very tasty variant
Really loved and popular flavour here
Pic related

"kapsalon"
Literally meaning "Hairdresser's"
Its from bottom to top
fairly fat french fries(chips)
kebap meat
saladly like green shit(it differs Alot amongst shops)
Garlic sauce

These are just some (pseudo dutch) things
Hope this helps
>>
File: herring.jpg (148 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
herring.jpg
148 KB, 500x375
The many herring stands was one of my favorite parts of Amsterdam
>>
That is not authentic at all.
Haring is. I will try that in a meeting nth when i arrive to Holland
>>
>>7798524
>Weird but signifant
>Paprika(bell pepper)flavoured chips(or crisps)
>Never seen it elsewhere,tourist seem to love It and I might add its a very tasty variant
>Really loved and popular flavour here
like half the chips you can buy in germany are paprika flavoured
>>
File: hutspot.jpg (258 KB, 1000x698) Image search: [Google]
hutspot.jpg
258 KB, 1000x698
>>7798238
Dutchfag here, Dutch traditional cuisine is pretty darn uninteresting to me. It's mostly the tried and true triumvirate of cooked potatoes, meat and some veggies.

If you're talking snacks and such, you've come to the right place though.

Pic releated; cooked potatoes mashed with carrots and sausage
>>
>>7798492
Try and go to a market in one of the cities on saturday morning (which day may differ) and getting a freshly made stroopwafel. They bake the top and bottom and lather it with some hot gooey syrup. Let it cool off a tiny bit though, it's hot as balls.
>>
File: pieni vaahdokas olut.jpg (45 KB, 312x393) Image search: [Google]
pieni vaahdokas olut.jpg
45 KB, 312x393
Small foamy beers
>>
>>7799783
LITTLE
>>
>>7799763

that mash is the whitest meal ever
>>
File: paella-016.png (326 KB, 470x323) Image search: [Google]
paella-016.png
326 KB, 470x323
>>7799801
I personally hate it.
>>
Dutch "cuisine" is a bit of a stretch there OP. It's like most Northern European countries; whatever they could get.

The Dutch do good biscuits, and like almonds (stuff like Gevulde Koeken). Fish, especially Herring. Heavy, warming foods like Stampppot. I'm partial to an uitsmijter but there's things like 'em in almost every European country, with slight variations.
>>
File: media_xl_1846201[1].jpg (17 KB, 468x264) Image search: [Google]
media_xl_1846201[1].jpg
17 KB, 468x264
>>7798539
> on a bun
Faggot
>>
>>7799845
'erring-in-a-bun! Only AM$1! And that's cutting me own throat!
>>
I don't know how people eat stroopwafel
I don't mind sweet stuff, but that shit is just nauseatingly sugary
>>
>>7798238
Bitterballen translated it's bitter balls. It's damn good. Also try Beemster cheese and brokkelkaas. Some other good stuff is Grolsch. Appeltaart. Erwtensoep. But if you are going to the Netherlands you should try the non traditional stuff like Surinam food (roti bakkeljauw bara etc) and Indonesian food which the dutch have made their own called rice table which include a ridiculous amount of different indonesian dishes.
>>
Dutch cuisine
boiled potatos
raw pickled hering
pancakes / poffertjes
erwtensoep
boerenkool met worst
stamppot

Modern
babi pangang
saté
patatje oorlog
frikandel speciaal
shoarma
>>
>>7799959
papi gangbang?
>>
>>7799980
fried rice with a side of small Asians raping your ass
>>
Dutch people eat french fries with mayo. like a ton of mayo. Fucking gross.
>>
>>7798492
poffertjes nigga
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.