[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i've never tasted these bad boys before. what am i in for, /ck/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: i2612247.jpg (234 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
i2612247.jpg
234 KB, 2048x1365
i've never tasted these bad boys before. what am i in for, /ck/?
>>
Don't go into it thinking they're some luxury item that's supposed to blow you away or you'll be disappointed. They're good, but nothing too special; really just slimy delicious clean tasting sea water with different notes of brininess.
>>
>>7797764
Going by the «culture» of this website, you have to be a crazy masculine warrior type to be brave enough to risk oysters

Obviously, if you have not killed before, or experienced the horrors of war, you're not ready for the extreme sensation of eating seafood

t. Average American
>>
Oysters are fine but Clams is where its at
>>
>>7797780
Do Americans ever eat raw oysters though? I never saw any when I went last year. They seem to only do battered, without bones and without skin. I have to imagine the sight of raw marine life would badly traumatise them
>>
>>7798122
>wanting food poisoning

whatever, pajeet
>>
>>7798134

>without bones and without skin

So you literally have no idea what an oyster is but are still going to use it to make a, "do Americans really..." shitpost.
>>
File: 1466219701529.jpg (205 KB, 460x2095) Image search: [Google]
1466219701529.jpg
205 KB, 460x2095
>>7798134
>without bones
Wut ?
>>
>>7798138
Which of the following seems more likely, aspie:
1. That I was referring to seafood in general
or
2. That I believe oysters have fins and eyes and scales

Extremely literal thinking is on the checklist of vaccine victims
>>
>>7798160
>>7798134

>do americans ever eat raw oysters though
> never saw any [raw oysters] when I went last year
>they seem to only do battered [oysters], without bones and without skin

Yeah, you weren't exactly ambiguous about you being retarded, and it would be a stretch for anyone to interpret your post other than being about oysters.
>>
>>7798172
Oysters are commonly battered in many countries, as is seafood in general. Not all cultures traditionally eat raw seafood. Why is any of this a stretch?
>>
>>7798160
still sound retarded to me
>>
>>7798175

Oysters are battered and fried in the US as well. The stretch was him saying that the last bit about bones and skin wasn't talking about oysters, when nothing other than oysters was ever mentioned.
>>
>>7797774
Sounds like they fucking suck and only taste as good as whatever you put on them.
>>
>>7798160
You only fucking mentioned oysters, asshat. Why would anyone be able to assume you were referring to anything else.
>>
>>7798134
>Do Americans ever eat raw oysters though? I never saw any when I went last year.

I live in the middle of nowhere in Ohio and there is a restaurant that has raw oysters ~5 minutes away from me. They are all over.
>>
>>7798216
Actually I mentioned marine life quite pointedly; perhaps you didn't pick up on this because your people only eat various carp and other types of inland fish
>>
>>7797774
I've never tried raw oysters myself. Do you chew them or just suck them down?
>>
>>7798237

Dude, at least wait until Australia power-hour if you're going to insist on spouting completely inaccurate garbage and shitposting about America; right now you're just making yourself look ignorant and pathetic.
>>
>>7798231
Funny, I went though Ohio but wasn't there long
>>7798247
They are very soft if alive, if you're even tempted to chew there's a big problem. I've only once experienced this at an awful expat bar in lan kwai fong, I regretted not trusting my instincts but I was a bit drunk
>>
do americans really eat oysters drenched in sriracha?
>>
>>7798252
Stop being so nationalistic, your arseburgers reflects badly upon you alone, and you'll be unsuccessful if you hope to deflect this into/int/-tier shitposting
>>
>>7798275

>nationalistic

You tried to derail the thread with a "do americans really" shitpost and then proceeded to dig yourself into a deeper and deeper hole by demonstrating that you have no clue what you're talking about and are only here to troll.
>>
>>7798282
It was an honest question, don't blame me for your insecurity
>>
>>7798264
why the hell are non American countries so obsessed about how we do shit?

>we dont care about yall
>stupid americans

You guys literally post this shit all the time
>>
>>7798311

You have to understand that these people have a very, very limited number of foods available to them compared to Americans, so naturally they are both intrigued and jealous.
>>
>>7798311
If someone posted «do people from Lesotho really ________» the people from Lesotho would try to be helpful

It's only in America where they assume the other 5,5 billion humans on earth must be intimately familiar with American customs and, if not, it must be an attack on America that demands a strong, decisive counterattack lest the evil foreigner think America is weak
>>
>>7798329

If people from Lesotho spoke enough English to be posting here they'd recognize that as a derivation of an established shitpost.

>they'd be helpful
>why do americans get so defensive

Fuck off until Australian hours when people actually enjoy empty shitposting.
>>
>>7798349
Please don't be angry at me or invade my country out of sheer confusion, like you did with Iraq, but English is one of the official languages of Lesotho and is generally understood by anyone who would have internet access
>>
>>7797764
raw oysters? probably will hate them at first. i love them now, but only after trying my dads like 3 different times. i hate cooked oysters now

its really good when you get them at a reliable restaurant. i recommend harrys in DE if you live close. its a pricey place, but they shuck and keep them clean and cold. ive had some places serve them without the liquor or even cold. and if theres a bit of shell in the bite, it ruins it all.
>>
>>7798237
Nope.

>Do Americans ever eat raw oysters though? I never saw any when I went last year. They seem to only do battered, without bones and without skin.

Thats one question and statement.

>I have to imagine the sight of raw marine life would badly traumatise them

That is separate statement. The way you worded your post is your downfall, retard.
>>
I like them, but it's not something I would eat regularly.

>>7797774 pretty much sums it up.
>>
>>7797764
They gotta be fresh as lad. Avoid too much dressing, just a bit of lemon juice can be great.
>>
>>7798247
Don't listen to that other anon. Some people swallow them whole (which is easy due to their texture), but chewing offers more flavor. Both are acceptable, but I recommend trying one plain first and chew. Then add lemon/tobasco/etc to one if you desire. They have a very clean flavor so it's worth trying them plain.

>>7798134
You've gotta know where to go unless you live by a place where they are harvested. They are also traditionally a seasonal food because they can make you sick if wild and harvested during the wrong times.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.