[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else prefers cheese bread with marinara sauce to pizza?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: cheese_bread.jpg (31 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
cheese_bread.jpg
31 KB, 500x333
Who else prefers cheese bread with marinara sauce to pizza?

>Why not just order cheese pizza?

Most places brush the bread with garlic butter, herbs, and parmesan cheese. It's different.
>>
File: breadsticks.jpg (126 KB, 555x416) Image search: [Google]
breadsticks.jpg
126 KB, 555x416
Literally GOAT tier.

But I prefer them with nice cold creamy ranch on the side instead of marinara.
>>
>>7796731
>Pizza with marinara sauce

even the shittiest pizza is improved greatly
>>
>>7796988
Cold marinara is preferable, if you ask me. A pizza with extra sauce in it is just messy and kind of overwhelming, but one with some cold 'nara to dip the crust and some of the rest into, nice.
>>
would I look weird going to Little Caesar's and buying out all of their prepared crazy bread and sauce cups and nothing else?
>>
I use a rolling pin to flatten slices of bread nice and thin, then roll them up with cheese in the middle and grill them in my George Foreman grill until the bread is crispy and the cheese is melted. I dip those in tomato soup.

Same three main ingredients (bread, cheese and tomato) but way cheaper, probably healthier, and more customisable than a takeaway.
>>
File: Jets7.jpg (906 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
Jets7.jpg
906 KB, 1200x900
Jet's Pizza Turbo Bread with ranch is the best

Occasionally I'll get a regular Jet's Bread + bacon, also great
>>
>>7797038
I've seen a picture circulate before of that idea. It sounds delicious. How many do you do for an average meal? 3-4?
>>
>>7797119
I got the idea from an infographic I saw on here, probably the same one you saw. That infographic said to fry them, and I did that a couple of times but they'd unroll in the pan without cocktail sticks holding them together and they were too greasy to eat by hand. Foreman grill holds them together while grilling them and leaves them dry enough to handle.

I usually make 4-6 cheese roll-ups per can of tomato soup. They don't absorb as much soup as dipping bread would.
>>
>>7797140
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the input.

The other day I felt "adventurous" so I made ham and cheese roll-ups with a bit of leftover stuffing my mom had used to make Swiss chicken. I put the stuffing into the roll-ups, and cooked them. It turned out pretty well, even if it was an amalgamation of food items.
>>
>>7797038
I'd rather just make a quesadilla and dip it into salsa.
>>
>>7796731
why can't you just call this pizza?

it uses 3/3 primary ingredients that pizza uses.

>bread
>cheese
>marinara
>>
>>7797157
If you want to order "a cheese pizza with marinara on the side, cooked in a rectangular pan" then by my guest. But "cheese bread" is a lot easier.
>>
File: 'go'ed.jpg (32 KB, 406x305) Image search: [Google]
'go'ed.jpg
32 KB, 406x305
>>7796731
I prefer 'go 'ed to regular 'icks.
>>
>tfw can't make delicious breadsticks like pizza places do

I've tried multiple times and they never turn out as good. I just want homemade Pizza Hut-like breadsticks.
>>
>>7796731

[spoiler]Try them with donair sauce[spoiler]
>>
>>7796790
rock on man, sounds delicious.
>>
>>7797028
crazy bread isn't cheese bread
what you should do is order a deep dish pizza with no sauce and the italian seasonings sprinkled on
you get two orders of cheesy bread with pepperoni 2 dollars cheaper than normal
>>
If I could get like stuffed cheese bread I'd prefer them because I hate sauce
>>
>>7799288
Just make yourself a grilled cheese.
>>
'econstructed 'Go 'Za.

'ice
>>
>>7799294
you mean a melt
>>
>>7799303
I don't think so.
>>
I'll slice up some mushrooms and cook them in a pan with butter and garlic until they soak up the juices(if you cook them longer, they'll let go of the juices again, get them out before that.) Then put them on toast, and cover with cheese(asiago is best), throw them under broil in my toaster oven to finish.

Best damn garlic bread.
>>
>>7796731
I just recently discovered the joy of garlic butter sauce.

Holy shit, I bet cheese bread with this would be fantastic.
>>
>>7799352
Is it just traditional garlic butter, but melted? Or is there more to it? Because that doesn't seem like a very good dip, on it's own, too runny.
>>
>>7799355
It's "garlic" added to "butter" and god knows what else. It is too runny, and you cannot get the fucking smell out of something if you spill it.

FYI, butter only solidifies at room temperature because of milk fat solids. These can be removed by boiling it and skimming them off- this "clarified butter" stays liquid and tolerates heat better.
>>
>>7797194
Make an overnight biga, make sure you use diastatic malt in your flour or buy malted flour and pump up the yeast you're using for bench proofing

Simply put:

>Buy malted flour (online/specialty food store) or buy diastatic malt (Homebrew store, ask for powder DME)

>1:1 flour/water + a sprinkling of yeast. Set overnight

>Next day use the poolish you made above into a bread recipe. "Pain au poolish" or "pain au ancienne" are good formulas for breadstick

>Up the salt about 1.5x and the yeast 2x to get the airier crumb

> Make some marinara or open up some Prego or something
>>
>>7796790
Manchildren and their ranch. Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>7799364
That's because it's not butter. Just like movie theatre popcorn no longer has butter.

That being said, put it in the fridge and it semi-solidifies into a creamy sauce.
>>
>>7799396
It's just a salad dressing, like blue cheese or vinaigrette. They all have about the same nutrition.
>>
>>7799410
Precisely the problem. Bread is a calorie canvas; put cheese, butter, sugar, cream, etc. and it tastes better.

Ranch takes a calorie dense food and makes it too goddamned much. I'd dip everything in a well made buttermilk ranch if it wouldn't make me a worthless lardass that is a burden to the people around him.
>>
>>7799415
You can eat whatever you want if you don't eat too much.
>>
>>7799338
That sounds amazing, I'm gonna do this.
>>
>>7797194
we buy premade pizza dough.
roll into sticks and cook in oven.
top with butter, garlic powder, olive oil, parmesan

whats so hard bro?
>>
File: o.jpg (154 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
154 KB, 1000x750
Experiencing pizza-like ingredients in a different order than regular pizza is a significant change.

For example, pepperoni rolls from Gumby's. These are pepperoni and cheese rolled inside dough. You dip them in marinara (or ranch or whatever). All pizza ingredients... but the experience of eating them is different, and just as awesome. You taste the dipping sauce first, then crust, then the pepperoni-and-cheese interior.

I mean, YEAH, you're essentially eating a pizza in a different form, but the changes have value.
>>
>>7800327
>Gumby's

I miss college sometimes.
>>
>>7799393
>>7800292
Got to love when these faggots think they have the answers. No way it's going to taste anywhere near as good.
>>
>>7799352
Same.
>tfw have extra breadsticks but no more garlic butter
>>
>>7797028
Not at all. Little Ceasar's pizza is terrible. Crazy bread is their main reason for still existing
>>
>>7800327
That looks so greasy and delicious. I haven't eaten anything like that in months. God, I could really go for a calzone right now.
>>
>>7799393
If you take more than 2 hours to make a good pizza dough then you are a pretentious stooge. If you want ciabatta make ciabatta.
>>
>>7801931
Anon, you don't have to stay up and watch the poolish. It does that on its own.

Even better, because of autolysis you get faster gluten formation with less work. And if you don't think changing fermentation times and temperatures changes the flavor of the final product, I can do nothing for you
>>
>>7796731
I prefer just cheese bread without marinara sauce. Marinara sauce makes everything worse.
>>
>>7797194
tfw local place with godly breadsticks has help wanted sign
>considering working there for 2-3 months to fully understand their breadstick process
>>
>>7801931
peter reinhart pizza dough is a two day dough and I trust his opinion more than I trust some internet autist's.
>>
>>7797047
Jet's bread with bacon is orgasmic.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.