[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are peanut butter cookies the best? >inb4 you shouldnt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
Why are peanut butter cookies the best?
>inb4 you shouldnt bake cookies on a pizza stone
>>
>>7796172
Those aren't snickerdoodles though, those aren't lemon bars, but those aren't toffee caramel cookies.
>>
Snickerdoodles are good
>>
You shouldn't bake cookies at all, the dough is much better.
>>
>>7796172
Peanut butter cookies are the best when they have a mildly sweet peanut butter frosting on top, otherwise the peanut butter flavor and texture is too diluted and kind of dry.

>>7796419
Uncooked cookie dough tastes like raw flour i.e. not good.
>>
>>7796427
not if you make them right in the first place
>>
>>7796427
When I do peanut butter cookies, I tend to do them with milk. I feel like a fucking child do it, but it helps arguably moreso than doing it with chocolate chip cookies or something.
>>
THE WORLD'S BEST PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

2 sticks butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix butter, sugar and peanut butter together. Add eggs, flour, baking soda and vanilla extract.

Bake at 350°F for about 12 minutes or until golden brown.

Yield: 3 dozen cookies

(op pic)
>>
File: IMG_20160619_201028.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160619_201028.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>7796172
Molasses spice cookies trump PB cookies, sorry.
>>
>>7796172
did you put the cookies on the pizza stone and then put it in the oven???
>>
>cookies

what are you 12? enjoy your diabetes
>>
>>7798699
of course.
>>
>>7798105
when do i add the nitroglicern
>>
A good oatmeal raisin cookie is tough to beat. I don't eat cookies anymore, though.
>>
might as well just throw the dough in a slow cooker
>>
>>7796172
you forgot to make the fork marks. how are people gonna know they're peanut butter cookies?

are you trying to kill people with allergies?
>>
>>7796427
what if you made dough with toasted flour?
>>
cookies are actually cheaper to buy than to make from scratch, at least where I am
>>
>>7798980
Wait, why do people do this? I've always done it and never, ever questioned why.
>>
>>7799165
the real reason is that peanut butter cookie dough is more dense than most other cookie doughs and has to be flattened to make it cook more evenly, a fork is just a convenient tool.
>>
>>7799317
the recipe i posted does not require flattening.
>>
>>7798980

the truth. fork marks are what make peanut butter cookies. if they don't have fork marks they don't taste right.
>>
What are the logistics of baking a one giant cookie instead of dozen of them?

Serious answers please.
>>
>>7801023

If it's the same thickness as normal cookies, nothing. It's no different.

If you make the giant cookie thicker then you might have to adjust the cooking time and/or the temperature so the inside comes out cooked without the outside being burned.
>>
>>7801023
funny you should ask that
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.