[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some dishes with only few ingredients where the whole
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: BLT-Sandwich[1].jpg (156 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
BLT-Sandwich[1].jpg
156 KB, 1500x1000
What are some dishes with only few ingredients where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

I just had a BLT for dinner and was once again amazed at how perfect of a sandwich it it. There are only a handful of simple ingredients, yet when combined you end up with something completely distinct, and absolutely delicious. Sure, some people add avocado, or grilled chicken, but I think a basic BLT is pretty much the perfect sandwich.

Is there anything else like this? Where combining a few simple ingredients creates something transcending? The only other things that comes to mind is maybe a Caprese Salad or Margherita Pizza.
>>
File: pan roast.png (1017 KB, 965x497) Image search: [Google]
pan roast.png
1017 KB, 965x497
spaghetti aglio e olio
spaghetti carbonara
spaghetti al tonno
risotto
properly cooked fried rice (as in with wok hei)
really, properly stir-fried anything

when I cook for just myself, I do it really simple 9 times out of 10. I think it's worth the effort to limit yourself to just a few ingredients to see how far you can take them.
The past few weeks I've been living off of chicken thighs, broccoli, and rice. If you brown nicely and use enough salt, a protein won't require any kind of sauce or spices to be delicious. I'm not lazy I'm just refining technique ok god get off my back.
>>
I agree with all the things mentioned , my grandmother use to make jersey tomato sandwiches in season just a little mayo sliced tomato S&P on rye use to look at her like she was crazy , but I can't get enough of them once tomato season starts , & as long as you have good quality ingredients your normally good to good with just 3 or four of them , best It hoagie ever is a little mom & pop place that only does two kinds of hoagie IT & a roast beef , the IT has just sharp prov & procutto & tomato on a seeded roll heaven !
>>
>>7795678
I like using spinach instead of lettuce but yeah its pretty godly. all things considered though the main thing that comes to mind would be okonomiyaki but it is far from simple (theres about 7 essential ingrediants, and thats going absolutely bare bones) I think any kind of rice cassarole/soup is probably in there. Dirty rice, red rice and beans, jumalaya.
>>
>>7796473
That quiche looks very appetising
>>
File: IMG_20160608_214356.jpg (730 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160608_214356.jpg
730 KB, 2592x1456
Khalcakes

Teaspoon sugar
Tablespoon salt
Eggwhite
0.5dl flour
0.5 dl water

Fry low heat 3min side
>>
Carbonara. I'm amazed every time I make it how what is effectively just eggs and cheese can make such a creamy and delicious sauce.
>>
>>7797892

I feel similarly about mayo. The thought of eating spoonfuls of oil seems pretty gross, but somehow adding a little egg yolk and a pinch of spice makes it something amazing.
>>
>>7795678
Caprese fo' sho'.

Tomato, Mozz, basil (salt, pepper, oil to taste). Waaaay better than each individually... a truly perfect match.
>>
My favorite simple dish is bacon and egg sandwich. Cripsy bacon, fried egg, bread toasted in pan with bacon fat (or butter).
>>
File: ham biscuit.jpg (94 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
ham biscuit.jpg
94 KB, 1600x1067
>>7795678

biscuits with country ham

It's something about the way the ham's fat softens up in a warm fluffy biscuit.
>>
>>7799331

That's actually a really good one.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.