[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any type of cuisine that you just don't get? For
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: Korean.food-Hanjungsik-01.jpg (190 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Korean.food-Hanjungsik-01.jpg
190 KB, 800x600
Is there any type of cuisine that you just don't get?
For me it has to be Korean food.
Almost everything is pickled, fermented, or covered in chili peppers to some degree where it's insanely pungent and you can barely taste the original ingredients.
The more normally flavored dishes just taste like shittier version of their counterparts from other asian countries.
And even Korean BBQ, which is really the only internationally popular staple of Korean cuisine, is kind of fucking pointless in my opinion.
Why would you pay extra to go out to eat if you have to cook your own food?
I love almost all Asian food but Korean food is just bizarre and not appetizing at all to me.
>>
>classic Korean.food-Hanjungsik-01.jpg
>>
Strictly speaking about non-American food, I don't think I've ever tried any cuisine that I didn't love at some point. I love good food. Korean BBQ is overrated where I live imo, but still good.

That said, there's some bullshit going on in the American midwest that looks utterly fucking disgusting.
>>
>>7795505
That's the google images filename you autist. I literally downloaded the first picture I saw.
>>
>>7795509
Speaking of autists, here's one I prepared earlier.
>>
>>7795507
Yeah, the midwest is pretty gross. It's like some weird generic spin on northern european cuisine, which is already pretty mediocre. And not to mention that there are buffets everyhwere.
>>
>>7795517
mm there's a distinct lack of umami and the lack of textural contrast leads to a fairly monotone if not unsettling moutfeel

2/10
>>
>>7795517
>>7795529
are you high dude
>>
File: ways.jpg (184 KB, 508x384) Image search: [Google]
ways.jpg
184 KB, 508x384
>>7795524
>cincinnati style chili
>well ok that sounds straightforward enough
>Mediterranean-spiced meat sauce used as a topping for spaghetti
>uh huh
>Ingredients include ground beef, stock, tomato paste
>sure
>cinnamon
>wait what
>and sometimes chocolate in a soup-like consistency

bruh
>>
>Normally flavored

What the fuck is "normal" flavor, especially when it comes to Korean cuisine?

Sundubu? Bibimbap? Bugolgi? Dokkboki? Mandu? Jigae?

That is like saying sushi is what all Nip food is like, or Italians only have spaghetti bolognese.
>>
>>7795500
>pickled, fermented, or covered in chili peppers

Probably a byproduct of having to preserve food during the olden days.
>>
>>7795500
strong flavors to go with bland ass rice
makes sense to me
>>
File: you shrimp dicked fuck nugget.gif (977 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
you shrimp dicked fuck nugget.gif
977 KB, 500x281
if you don't like it then don't post about you not liking it.
>>/trash/
>>
>>7795500
>>7795571
>>>/trash/
>>
>>7795571
This is one of the stupidest things I've read all day
Good job
>>
>>7795581
not nearly as autistic as shitposting "hur dur I dun understan korean fud". why not research or just avoid it all together.
>aussie shitposter
>>
>>7795540
I feel your pain bro. That's a dam shame they shovel that crap down. But remember cinnamon was used as a savory spice before a sweet one. I think it's Moroccan in origin but I'm not sure.
>>
>>7795608
I was onboard until the chocolate, and then the shredded cheese product
I regularly use nutmeg in savory dishes so I can totally see cinnamon working in the same vein.
>>
I agree, Korean food sucks. A lot of Japanese food is like that too but they make up for it with shit like okonomiyaki and tempura.
>>
>>7795500
American fast food. Simple carbs, lots of fat, salt and cheese everywhere with little if any vegetable matter in sight. All served in portion sizes that make you feel sluggish after eating it, along with sweet drinks.

It's like all the dishes are designed to appeal to a fussy five year old. Fuck that noise.
>>
>>7795571
You're right, let's get back to fast food threads. Thanks animeposter.
>>
>>7795660
You can make good shekels selling shit to children...
>>
>>7795500
have you even been there? korean food in countries outside of asia is not the same.
Food is crazy good in korea
>>
>>7795660
I did 5 months in jail and had a McDonalds burger when I got out.
I gagged. That shit tasted like the ocean, absolutely repulsive how much salt is in them. Even worse is how we have adapted to barely be able to taste it.
>>
File: Akcaabatkofte.jpg (205 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Akcaabatkofte.jpg
205 KB, 1024x768
>>7795500
For all the hype it gets, i find Turkish food to be quite bland. I mean it wasn't like they were on a historic trade route or sumthin...

>all these people talking about regional american """""cuisines"""""

Jesus christ go travel.
>>
>>7796990
What earned you five months? Drug charge?
>>
Cross over cuisine, Germans making Mexican food or Americans making Chinese food.
>>
>>7797112
Shoplifting 2 downgraded. Unsentenced and left to rot 5 months with the threat of 10 year shoplifting 3 charge.
>>
>>7795500
indian food. especially curry.
>>
>>7797124
Don't know Zambian-Mexican cuisine till you've tried it bro.
>>
>>7797124
americanized chinese food is literally better than the real thing.
>>
File: zam-mex.jpg (45 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
zam-mex.jpg
45 KB, 550x366
>>7797142
>>
>>7795540
This one.
I just can't.
First off, while I love certain savory dishes that include cinnamon (like some curries and middle eastern and north african dishes), I just can't stomach it in chili, and then, when you pile that on top of spaghetti, and cover it in american cheddar cheese.....It's just repulsive to me. If someone served that to me at a dinner, I'd eat it because I'm not a squeamish eater at all, and I'd be polite and thank them for it, but you'd never catch me ordering or making that anywhere, ever.
Case in point, I had a friend growing up who was from up north, and when I spent the night at their house once, the mom made spaghetti bolognese and they all ate cheddar cheese on top of it. I tried some to be polite, and it didn't taste horrible, but it's not something I would ever seek to eat on my own.
>>
>>7797166
Chili on spaghetti is the worst type of food.
My stepmom saw it on food network many years ago and I suffered. 0/10
>>
>>7797106
IDK, Turkish food can be good, but there is a lot of "plain" dishes, that's true. I do fucking love Gozleme (the stuffed, grilled flatbread) that's some tasty stuff.
>>
>>7797125
What a fucking load. Good you're out though
>>
>>7797186
Crooked attorney. Unbelievable he worked for the state but devestated his own client's chances at fresh air for as long as humanly possible.
He even asked my grandma to get on the stand and lie about how horrible I was.
>>
>>7797177
>>>7797106 (You)
>IDK, Turkish food can be good, but there is a lot of "plain" dishes, that's true. I do fucking love Gozleme (the stuffed, grilled flatbread) that's some tasty stuff.
Yea, the mixed one is good, although the ladies who serve them can be some proper cunts. Not really surprised coming from turk.
>>
>>7797147
I will fucking cut you bitch
>>
>>7795616
A very small bit of chocolate in a tomato based sauce or soup adds complexity. It doesn't have any of the chocolate flavor at all.
>>
>>7797147
Its really terrible on its own, and definitely terrible compared to the real thing.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.