[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have any good steak seasoning recipes? Right now I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Ribeye.jpg (61 KB, 450x350) Image search: [Google]
Ribeye.jpg
61 KB, 450x350
Anyone have any good steak seasoning recipes? Right now I'm experimenting trying to find something nice, but for father's day I want it to taste amazing. Ideally, it needs to be bold.

Usually I lightly cover it with paprika, crushed black pepper, a good bit of fresh squeezed lemon juice, a little bit of garlic powder, and more paprika/black pepper because I love that stuff.
>>
Not even joking.

https://www.amazon.com/Sure-Shot-Sids-Gunpowder-Seasoning/dp/B00N276QHY
>>
I recently found the most amazing seasoning blend for steaks that consists of salt, pepper, and that's all.
>>
>>7795097
What kind of pepper?
>>
>>7795107
obviously he means green bell pepper.
>>
>>7795077
>Usually I lightly cover it with paprika, crushed black pepper, a good bit of fresh squeezed lemon juice
>a good bit of fresh squeezed lemon juice
>lemon juice

>Anyone have any good steak seasoning recipes?
>bit of fresh squeezed lemon juice
>steak
>lemon juice

What the fuck am I reading right now?
>>
>>7795097
Nah, you can spruce that up with a little garlic powder. I keep a little tub of it my pantry. It's my fallback when I'm not in the mood for any other seasonings.
>>
>>7795077
I season my steaks with a decent amount of salt the day before, then let them sit in the fridge uncovered for 3-6 hours before cooking.

I use a pan to cook and baste with garlic dill butter 2/3 of the way through cooking. I flip several times, about every 15-20 seconds throughout cooking depending on how thick the steak is, usually it's 1"

after taking it out of the pan I season lightly with a blend of finely ground black pepper, smoked paprika and ground sage.

this suits my personal taste with the equipment I have. I can't give you accurate measurements. Youre probably too late to try something ahead of time, so I would at least reccommend following what I do up until the cooking part. I don't really know what bold means, if he likes your steaks then go with that. youre probably not going to fuck up a steak unless you overseason it in my opinon.

dry brining and letting them sit for several hours in the fridge uncovered will each make the fat part taste a lot better and help you get a good sear, respectively. I definitely recommend doing at least that before you cook it.
>>
just get the premixed montreal steak seasoning at the grocery store,
>>
>>7795155
>>7795077
I currently have a few steaks wrapped in aluminum foil with paprika, ground black pepper, and garlic powder. That shit works fine as fuck, can't really go wrong unless like anon said, you overseason the fuck out of it. I get what you mean about bold though, it kind of has to jump out and make the steak seem special.
>>
>>7795115
no, orange bell pepper only you heathen
>>
File: 4.5kg.daddies.jpg (53 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
4.5kg.daddies.jpg
53 KB, 600x600
>>7795077
Try a heaping spoonful of Daddies for an authentic British Chophouse flavour
>>
Maybe I'm plebeian, but I've never gotten behind steak with lots of seasonings and spices.

Salt.
Pan-sear.
Cook.
Salt.
Flip.
Pepper.
Pan-sear.
Turn out.
Pepper.
Deglaze pan with wine.
Reduce wine.
Salt the reduction.
Add parsley.
Pour over steak.
Eat.

I just cooked two steaks that way for lunch today, actually. And ate them with my bare hands. I do that sometimes. It's just satisfying. I don't know why, but it is.
I'm not even a big meat eater, especially not beef, but I sometimes just get a hankering for a huge steak or two and to eat it with my hands.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.