[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who has the best tasting weiner? I usually eat Nathan's,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: weiners.jpg (206 KB, 1024x813) Image search: [Google]
weiners.jpg
206 KB, 1024x813
Who has the best tasting weiner? I usually eat Nathan's, but I'd like something new for a change.
>>
>>
>>7794956
>beef franks
>deli beef franks
>angus beef franks

The fuck is the difference?
>>
>>7794956
Hebrew national is good. I usually get that or Nathans
>>
>>7794956

i do

what, come on, you knew that was coming
>>
>>7794956

look for Boar's Head with natural casings
>>
>>7795043
Do they put them with the other weiners, or is it over by the deli?
>>
I want an all pork hot dog. fuck beef.
>>
>>7795057
In the deli
>>
>>7795138
Fuck. I don't want to have to interact with people.

REEEEEEEEEE
>>
Plain frankfurters bore me like no other. I like ones filled with spices, peppers, cheese, etc. Anything but plain.

And growing up in sort of the south, I can say boiled hot dogs are the worst too. Almost as bad as dogs grilled too much.
>>
File: weiner.jpg (86 KB, 553x369) Image search: [Google]
weiner.jpg
86 KB, 553x369
>>7795163
I like to put them in the toaster oven on low. It's like the ones you get at the gas station or movie theater. All blistery and sweaty. Love that.
>>
>>7795173
Works for me, buddy. Boiled hot dogs tell me a person probably goes to a nice asian restaurant of any ethnicity with friends and gets fried rice, or a mexican restaurant and gets goddamn chicken nuggets like a child.

>>7795063
Seconded. Don't fall for the judeo-islamic propaganda.
>>
>>7795147
Check the little cold island full of cheese, pepperoni, salami, pickles, etc. by the deli.
>>
>>7795287
But if I get too close they might ask if I need help with anything.
>>
>>7795294
Tell you what, anon. Here's a script.
>Hello, can I help you with anything?
>>No, thanks.

or

>Hello, can I help you with anything?
>>Yeah, from the meats over here. Gimme x, y, and z.
>What thickness do you want the cuts?
>>Uhh, could I get a sample of a few cuts? (seriously, they won't be bothered. They get paid to do this)
or
>>Something thin/thick/medium thickness, whatever works for you.
>they cut the meat
>Here you go, manchild. Anything else?
>>No, thanks.
>>WALK AWAY

It is that fucking easy.
>>
>>7795308
This is asking a lot out of me.
>>
>>7795317
Anon, are you actually that socially retarded? I bet most of it is just you stressing out about seeming weird, rather than actually being weird. One of the best things you can do with anxiety is get over yourself and be yourself. Granted, that's something you have to figure out on your own, but maybe you just lack that goal right now.
>>
File: 1456278833498.jpg (79 KB, 625x468) Image search: [Google]
1456278833498.jpg
79 KB, 625x468
>>7795181
Hey everybody, it's that guy!
>>
>>7795348
Which part of this post are you butthurt by? Disdain for people who eat boring food or joking disdain for people who don't eat food because a book says so?
>>
I strongly dislike each of the ones I've tried in the OP pic.
Beef hot dogs are just... horrible. If you prefer beef, by all means, have at it. I'll never understand you, but that's okay. We can still be friends. I just made some peach iced tea and a spinach quiche with caramelised onions and smoked scamorza today, if you'd like some, friend-o.

>>7795063
In the US, the only nationally available brand I've found that's majority pork is Bavarian-brand sold at Aldi. It's made from pork and veal. Considering the price of veal v pork, I'd be surprised if the veal made up a large portion of the mix. It's my favourite brand.

If you live anywhere with a recent (past 50 years or so) Polish immigrant population, find your nearest Polish butcher and ask for serdelky. They are 100% pork.
If you live somewhere with recent German (or better yet, Swiss 'German') immigrant population that's not of Keikl origin, find a butcher that makes and sells cervelat or würstl/würstle. Amish may also make them, but often under a different name.
North Italian butchers, which are incredibly rare in the US, may also sell them.
They tend to be 100% pork, but not always. Don't be afraid to ask.

>>7795181
Don't be rude, Anon. There's no need.
>>
>>7794956
Definitely NOT Kirkland's or Bar S.
>>
>>7794956
Is Nathan busy?
>>
>>7794956
>No Hoffmann's
>No Zweigle's

Fuck off flyover pleb.
>>
>>7795327
Not the poster you were talking to but I really appreciate what you've said. Thanks
>>
>>7795181
I agree with you on the cooking mate. What sort of degenerate piece of shit boils a hot dog?! That's like public middle school lunch in the poorest district.

All pork hot dogs are harder to find. There's all beef for jews and muslims, and the rest are usually a medley of pork, beef, chicken, horse, rat trimmings.
>>
File: 1457841870453.jpg (39 KB, 640x470) Image search: [Google]
1457841870453.jpg
39 KB, 640x470
>>7795294
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>7795406
The market for all pork is small, or so I am wont to think. All beef carries a kind of dignity to it, even if it doesn't necessarily taste better. Turkey dogs have a following for being fattier (and delicious for this very reason), and neither the cute animal that is a cow or the perceived-as-dirty animal that is a pig.

>>7795404
No problem buddy.
>>
>>7795422
Turkey dogs are fatter?
wha

Turkey is a lean meat.
>>
>>7795422
>turkey dogs
>fattier
What magical backwards land do you live in where turkey dogs are commonly fattier than other sorts of hot dogs?
I can't recall a brand of turkey dogs that doesn't have "we're, like, totally not as fatty as the other guys, guys!" as a selling point.
>>
>>7795445
>>7795449
I googled this "fact" right after posting and found out I was wrong. Not sure where I got the impression either. Probably some dumb early morning news show.
>>
>>7794956
Hebrew National.

Not even Jewish.
>>
File: dearborn-hot-dogs.jpg (965 KB, 4928x3264) Image search: [Google]
dearborn-hot-dogs.jpg
965 KB, 4928x3264
Shout out MI pham.
>>
File: 1465572508954.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
1465572508954.gif
3 MB, 359x202
>>7796399
>kogels isnt the best, by far...

You just stay south of 96... You hear me?
>>
>>7796528
>kogels

I didn't even know they were MI based, I'll have to try. At least we can agree that Kowalski hot dogs are bland af.
>>
anything with sodium nitrate is pig disgusting ground up raccoon anuses
>>
>>7795173
>It's like the ones you get at the gas station or movie theater. All blistery and sweaty. Love that.

we still talking hotdogs here?
>>
File: ramsay.gif (220 KB, 400x274) Image search: [Google]
ramsay.gif
220 KB, 400x274
>>7794956
PORK SAUSAGE!
>>
>>7794986

Didn't the maker die with the recipie so they suck now?
>>
>>7797282
I'd really hate to be a sausage maker trying to hit some 'sweet spot' especially with no recipe.

SPOLIERS: Sausages are a bitch to make. You have to have the ingredients (the right ones) and absolutely precise measurements. And if you are off by even a hair you just spent four plus hours and considerable money making dog treats.
>>
>>7797282
Unless he single handedly mixed every batch in the factory alone in secret, that sounds highly unlikely. Pretty sure people who worked there would know. Sounds more likely that the company went to shit under new management.
>>
>>7794956
>>7795002

Seconded. I usually get Hebrew National. Good stuff.
>>
>>7797264
Kek
>>
>>7794956
Your dad's. Not gonna lie it was pretty tasty.
>>
>>7794956
nathans' has a strong vinegar/pickle taste to me, I'm a hebrew national man
>>
I had Ball Park when I was a kid . It had this nice thick kind of skin to it. I haven't had it since but I think Ball Parks are good.
>>
>>7798628
Thirded. Heeb Nation.

Sabretts a distant second.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.