[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If so I need your advice. I was cooking vegetables on a crockpot,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
If so I need your advice. I was cooking vegetables on a crockpot, however I fell asleep and woke up 11 hours later. The vegetables look really dark, kind of burned up, they fall apart like they were butter and my fork was hot. They don't have a terrible taste per se.

Are these safe to eat?
>>
It would be one thing if people used real flatware and real plates, osr ate outside using paper plates and plastic ware... But this new trend of people combining trash with nice stuff just makes me stop caring about anything else. I'm not ever sure what this thread is about.
>>
>>7794352
can you fucking read or are you just an angry autist? OP asked if the vegetables are okay to eat after left them in the crockpot too long, it's not that complicated.

they're fine, just really overcooked
>>
>>7794317
Theyre safe, yes, but literally the most overcooked vegetables on the face of the earth.
>>
>>7794352
had no idea it was a trend, procrastinating roommate has used all the utensils and hasn't done her dishes and neither will I.

>>7794324
>>7794361
Thanks
>>
>>7794368
They turn me off bro. Too many organic vegetables to let them go to waste. Although I'm pretty sure that they have lost all nutritional value and they are just literally fiber.
>>
>>7794317

>vegetables
>crockpot

That's wrong, retard. Crockpots are for meat. MEAT. You don't cook ANY vegetable for 8 hours straight. You cook MEAT for 8 hours straight to render and break down the connective tissue and make cheap tough cuts turn into tender delicious meals.
>>
>>7794433
wait so redpill me on that as I've been doing that for the last 6 months.

I usually leave them on for about 3 hours and they end up decently cooked. Usually convine them with a can of sardines, eggs or some beef that I cook on my iron cast.

It's efficient timewise, tell me again why I shouldn't be doing this? other than 'muh taste'
>>
>>7794433
You can turn it off whenever you want. He said he fell asleep.
>>
>>7794433
What if you're making chili in a crock pot

> vegetables in chili
>>
>>7794451

You're wasting 3 hours to cook something that would be done in 45 minutes in a normal pot on a normal stove, and taste better for it.

And you're still cooking shit in your cast iron pan to boot, so it's not like you're saving dishes or some crap.
>>
>>7794482
>Ingredients in chili

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!!
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
>>
>>7794500
that was more a backhanded comment I did to myself, emulating those who would actually care about vegetables in chili
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.