[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have some ideas/recipes for amazing mac n' cheese?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: plated-mac-and-cheese.jpg (47 KB, 580x377) Image search: [Google]
plated-mac-and-cheese.jpg
47 KB, 580x377
Anyone have some ideas/recipes for amazing mac n' cheese? I was thinking of baking it in the oven with some panko crumbs and tomato slices. Any other suggestions?
>>
Maybe it's just me, but whenever I bake tomatoes on/in something, they always come out really moist and mushy.

Maybe baking them separately and mixing or topping it with tomatoes would be better.
>>
File: image.jpg (257 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
257 KB, 500x500
>>7794268
Add whatever you want to it. Tuna. Sausage. Spinach. Diced roasted red pepper. Chilies. Yo mama.
>>
>>7794275
Why not try sun dried tomatoes?

Do you not have these in Ameriburger?
>>
>>7794268
Stew the tomatoes separately, then ladle on top of the mac when serving. Forget the breadcrumbs, they add nothing to the dish.
>>
>>7794295
We do, but I've never liked them despite loving tomatoes.

I haven't had them in a long time though, so maybe that's changed.
>>
>>7794300
They basically tast like pizza sauce with a little more veggy... so whats not to like?
>>
>>7794331
Like I said, it's been a while, but I want to say the texture.

I'll try some the next chance I get, might have just been mean being a dumb kid like I was with peppers.
>>
Also the cheeses I have on hand are sharp cheddar, brie, Parmesan, and Beechers flagship.
>>
Would roasting the tomatoes with olive oil, basil, and garlic work if I just serve them on top?
>>
>>7794268
Mix in canned chili with beans.
It's absolute bliss.
>>
Chop up some thick ham into cubes & cook it then add it to a creamy Mac & cheese, bam! ham & Mac
>>
>>7794268
>panko crumbs
yes
toast them in a pan with butter and grated parmigiano reggiano
you can crisp it up in the pan or top the mac and cheese in a baking dish and put it under a broiler until it browns
>>7794275
>>7794299
Listen to these anons
if you're using fresh tomato, it will exude a ton of moisture and possibly fuck up your mac as you cook it

if you're using dried tomatoes you can just toss them in fine
>>
>>7794380
No reason why it wouldn't. Just be wary of burning your aromatics and note that extra virgin olive oil will lose most of its flavor it you take it above a certain temperature
>>
Dijon in it. It's incredible
>>
I boil some water. Add water and cornstarch to thicken. Add cheddar cheese.
We like it simple.
Lea and perrins is good with it
>>
>>7795575
worcestershire is good on fucking everything
>>
>>7794295
We did in the 80s, and then the fad died and everyone stopped using them.
>>
>>7795578
was it good on my cock?
>>
>>7794268
Add plenty of parmesean or a similar hard, dry cheese to the crumbs. It will turn into a pseudo-frico type thing as the topping browns
>>
>>7794268
Substitute some milk for a milk stout or bock and deep fry dat shit mang
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.