[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does your mom cook good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: mum.jpg (75 KB, 450x770) Image search: [Google]
mum.jpg
75 KB, 450x770
Does your mom cook good?
>>
>>7794195
She cooks me good tendies when I trade in my good boy points.
>>
File: 1449131438702.png (473 KB, 660x720) Image search: [Google]
1449131438702.png
473 KB, 660x720
>>7794195
She used to..
>>
>>7794195
She's pretty good. She over cooks the fuck out of meat though, so many disappointing roasts over the years.
>>
I'd say she cooks pretty decently.

I really enjoy the meatloaf she does; she does the tomato/ketchup glaze on the top and it's delicious.

I'm also a fan of the porcupine meatballs she makes.
>>
>>7794195
Not at all. No taste. Never uses salt. Bastardizes everything. God damn tragedy, used to like her food. Then I cooked for myself.
>>
>>7794195
She's a pretty good cook. Now that being said, it's pretty basic.
She mostly sticks to the meat/potato (or rice sometimes)/vegetable side for every meal. Sometimes she'll make a casserole, sometimes spaghetti, but there's not very much variety. My grandmother cooks the same way because she was a housewife/full time mother and it's what my grandfather likes to eat.
Both are very good at these meals though, and I haven't yet made a roast chicken or meatloaf that even compares to my mom's.
>>
No. Dad's been the sole cook in the relationship for the last 40 years.
>>
>>7794195
she does well. most nights she half asses it because she works but i understand. when she wants to, shell do something big. i know how to adjust when going by a recipe, but she can handle 3 things at once better than me
>>
>>7794195

Always over cooks the meats, never seasons. Caters to my conservative dad who is stuck in the past, so she'll never chance or learn anything new.

Sad really.
>>
>>7794195
>good
Well.

She cooks well.
>>
no, she's a vegetarian
>>
Not really. She makes some things well but that's by my metric of only having had her cook those things. Stuff like shake and bake, pork chops of many varieties, the most basic spaghetti and meatballs, etc. General midwest foods, though she's from North Carolina. She can follow a recipe but I think she tends to make stuff that is low effort as well. God, I hate her beef stew.

>>7794565
This basically, especially the dad part. My little brother and I got her to get into indian and chinese food a bit, at least.
>>
>>7794390
that's a damn shame
my mom makes incredible Christmas roasts, I look forward to it the whole year
one time she "messed up" and cooked it medium instead of medium rare, it was still tender and juicy as fuck and seasoned perfectly
she has to be one of the best cooks I've ever encountered, better than a fancy restaurant
>>
She cooks a few specific recipes very well out of habit but is generally stupid when it comes to basic culinary theory, so she'll fuck up anything outside of the box she tries. So she doesn't any more.

Also the #1 worst well done steak memester I know.
>>
>>7794202
Same, dee colon
>>
Both my parents are cooks
Feels good man
>>
Fuck no
>>
>>7794195
>microwaves broccoli
>uses potato powder to make mashed potatoes
>thinks "sate"(dunno translation,look it up) is "too spicy"
>add my Sriracha bottle I left home to make "spicy kale"
>thinks mayonnaise and everything else with lots of (unsaturated)fats causes diabeetus and obesitas
>>
>>7794195
Who is this holio moist prangin?
>>
>>7794195
Yeah she does. Well she has graduated as a cook so that makes sense why she is a good cook.
>>
>>7794195
my mother's dead you insensitive prick
>>
>>7794195
Real good. The only thing is that she never oils the grill before she puts food on and she's weirdly opposed to putting oil in the pasta water in spite of how vocally she detests babysitting the pot to keep it from boiling over.
>>
>>7794195
She indeed cooks really delicious.
>>
>>7794569
How do you cook a well? Isnt a well really just a hole in the ground? Are you cooking the absence of dirt?
>>
>>7796104
How do you cook a good?
>>
>>7796108
Probably a typo, F and G are right next to eachother
>>
she did. now she doesnt give a single fuck.

also developed this weird phenomena where she went fucking minimal and almost flavorless.
>>
She makes the best porridge I've ever tasted.
>>
>>7794195
Why is my mom a moeblob?
>>
Apparently the cooking genes skip a generation in my family, since my grandma and sister and pretty good cooks, but my mom barely handles it.

Still, I will gladly eat her potato broth and potato omelette anyday. I just wish she stopped her obsession with salmon, there's like thousand other delicious fish on the market.
>>
>>7796063
Quit being a bitch and talk about your dad then. My.mom was a pretty good cook til she be same an addict, then it was god damn hamburger helper every night. But she's gone now, and I just got a note by her talking about.how depressed she was I wouldn't talk to her anymore.

My old man is a pretty good cook, and a fucking great baker.
>>
Shes Aight
She's got a few really good dishes that I wouldn't dream of eating from anyone else
But both my parents went vegetarian when I was in middle school, so if I wanted meat I had to buy and cook it myself.
Therefore I tend to like my own cooking better
Even when I lived at home past highschool I don't think me and my parents ever shared the same meal besides holidays
>>
>>7794202
i feel this
>>
File: tumblr_o74i8gxD921s73tqio1_1280.jpg (182 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o74i8gxD921s73tqio1_1280.jpg
182 KB, 1024x576
>>7794202
>>
2/10

She cooks some traditional dishes decent, and some very good but most of her food is plain bad...now she looks jelous when i try to cook something and makes it harder.
>>
My grandmother did 99% of the cooking growing up but my mom can make some mean fondue and french onion soup. As for my grandmother, she was decent but oversalted everything and was too inpatient when it came to cooking times.
>>
She's gotten really good over the years. Makes all kinds of traditional dishes from my hometown after we immigrated. I used to want to only eat American food when I was younger, but now I really appreciate her food since it made me a very diverse eater.
Immigrant moms a best.
>>
>>7794195
No. Nobody in my family can cook decently, that's why I started learning to cook.
>>
>>7797214
Good job breaking the cycle. Cooked for your family much?
>>
>>7794565
Fugg I know that feel

She cooks meats only to well done. Triggers the fuck out of me
>>
>>7797222
No. They aren't even interested in it that much.
>>
>>7794565
Same here except she plain can't cook. She cooks for my dogs because she is just that shit at cooking and even then they won't eat it
>>
Really good, but I think it's because I've used to it from the childhood. Things have tasted better in childhood anyway, especially when you didn't know, what actually food is made of.
>>
Yeah, I enjoy her cooking. My dad's best for roasts and grilling but mom makes great curry chicken and chili.
>>
>>7794195
Not really no, she's also mentally ill
At least I cook good thanks to /ck/ :^)
>>
>>7797348
Shame. Could've had a go at luring them over to the light side.
>>
>>7797421
I tried to by making Christmas dinner, for example, but they just didn't care enough. They're fine with (mostly) pre-made food.
>>
>>7797629
If Christmas Dinner couldn't save them, nothing will. At least they're happy.
>>
File: 1377120512479.jpg (11 KB, 418x455) Image search: [Google]
1377120512479.jpg
11 KB, 418x455
>>7794202
>>
>>7796067
>oil in pasta water
>>
>>7796067
>le oil in pasta meme
Just use a larger pot, the oil make the sauce slide off the pasta
>>
File: 1454905455377.jpg (134 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1454905455377.jpg
134 KB, 1024x768
>mom used to cook good
>stopped giving a fuck
>now i cook and it sucks
>>
>>7794195
No. I'd say her cooking is "serviceable" at best and always has been except for a handful of things but MAN is she good at baking sweets. Quick breads, cookies, cakes, whatever - she has a midas touch for anything with more than a token amount of sugar.
>>
>>7794195
My mom bakes amazing bread, great cakes, etc.. and can make a fairly good pizza.

My dad cooks.
>>
File: amerifats5.png (412 KB, 423x602) Image search: [Google]
amerifats5.png
412 KB, 423x602
>tfw mommy makes you two extra big good boy burgers
>>
File: 1372646166780.jpg (131 KB, 676x850) Image search: [Google]
1372646166780.jpg
131 KB, 676x850
>>7794195
bout as good as I do, still tells me things to do different that I didnt know, but lets me cook for her and she likes it
we eat out too much tho, I gaining weight cause Im home from college right now
>>
File: 1465283855133.jpg (116 KB, 700x900) Image search: [Google]
1465283855133.jpg
116 KB, 700x900
>>7794195
Cook well*. And yes she does. No one died eating her food for 40 years.
>>
>>7794195
Mom is a failure when it comes to cooking can still remember when i was 13, 6 years have passed would be soo happy to taste the food that she prepares
>>
>>7794195
No she cooks well.
>>
Nope.

Well, it honestly depends. Growing up she would cook, but it was a lot of the same stuff. Eventually she stopped cooking almost entirely or cooking shit like breakfast for dinner.

I actually learned how to cook because what she made was not always great, or just really basic/overcooked/etc. I hate to say it, but I am a much better cook then her in general.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.