[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uk Takeaway thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
I'm thinking Chinese tonight, but I could be swayed.

Usually I go for Singapore chow mein, salt and pepper chips, curry sauce. Plus some wine and beer.

Any suggestions? What's your takeaway order?
>>
Alternatively I'll have special curry, half rice, half chips. I had that last week though. Another favourite is hot and sour soup and salt and pepper sui Mai's.
>>
>>7793607
I'm in the US, but I almost always order curry chicken with steamed rice, order of beef on a stick (4), two egg rolls, and an order of chicken wings (6).
>>
>>7793649
I don't know why I was so sectarian. I suppose are takeaways aren't so different.
>>
>>7793658
Our*
>>
Singapore style noodles, beef in black bean and some salt and pepper squid/tofu

A shit load of beer and a bloated wank after
>>
File: Mongolian beef.jpg (76 KB, 1024x684) Image search: [Google]
Mongolian beef.jpg
76 KB, 1024x684
>>7793607
Mongolian beef, extra spicy. Combination fried rice, small wonton soup.

It's an Americanized dish, but a good one to judge the quality of ingredients. If it tastes like dog food, you've got a shitty take-out place.
>>
>>7793607
Shredded crispy beef, fried rice, chips and prawn crackers with a cheeky scallop on the side.
>>
File: 1464012513369.png (177 KB, 367x321) Image search: [Google]
1464012513369.png
177 KB, 367x321
>>7793684
>Mongolian beef
>>
File: SAM_0957_zpsa0c835c0.jpg (102 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0957_zpsa0c835c0.jpg
102 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>7793607
Lots of curry suggestions but what it really depends on the place your eating at. No one really messes up on fried rice so just get it with whatever your favorite meat is
>>
File: photo-1623.jpg (106 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
photo-1623.jpg
106 KB, 800x600
>>
>>7793607
If it's a generic place, I usually get dim sum from Chinese takeaways, like 1/4 duck with pancakes, fun guo, har gau, lo mai gai, lotus buns, xiaolongbao, etc. If they don't do dim sum, I'd probably go with the roasts, like duck, pork belly, and/or barbecue pork.
>>
Salt and pepper squid , hot sour soup, beef rendang, choy sum, and special rice.
>>
I went with Singapore chow mein, curry sauce, BBQ ribs and curry samosas (horrible). Plenty left for tomorrow, now to get drunk.
>>
How do my fellow /anorexia/ bros deal with it when their families order takeout?

The local Chinese doesn't do calorie counts. And I feel I have to eat the food in front of me. I also feel bad if I order something that doesn't have a lot of meat because I could cook that at home.

I usually get a curry and some noodles and eat the entire thing then starve myself for the next 2 days. I call it 'The Chinese one dinner policy' lol, which is a political joke if you don't know. However I think this isn't helping me.

Do you ever stuff food in your pockets? Which Chinese food is the easiest to hide? Most of their food is saucy and hard to hide as I mostly wear white or cream formal trousers.
>>
>>7793607
I always get indonesian. Thats here in Amsterdam, it's far superior to even our best Chinese restaurants. Get a whole rice table with rendang, sajoer lodeh, tofu, emping, fruit salad with roedjak, deepfried banana, oblok oblok, Or if I feel like it just an ikan style based dish with some fried onions and atjar tjampur.
>>
>>7793607
Yesterday had some shu mai(6) tom yum soup and red curry with duck shared with my partner.
Today got a goat burrito.
>>
>>7793607
Another US here. Has Mapo Tofu made it to Britain yet? I like that with steamed rice and egg rolls.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.