[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the purpose of spaghetti? I know, different shapes for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Barilla-Spaghetti-2-lb.jpg (108 KB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
Barilla-Spaghetti-2-lb.jpg
108 KB, 500x208
What is the purpose of spaghetti? I know, different shapes for different sauces, blah blah blah, but what the hell does spaghetti do that other pastas don't do better? For most of my pasta dishes I'd rather use fettuccine or penne for something more substantial, or linguine for something lighter.
>>
>>7793510
it's just the default pasta.
>>
It's cheap as hell and easy to combine with other foods
>>
angel hair > all other pasta
>>
I find myself in difficulty to answer this question. As an Italian, I feel I should know the answer, but I do not think there is one. The only time I can think of where spaghetti would be better than another type of pasta would be in pasta omelette. Spaghetti, maccheroni or penne/pennette are used and I do not think that using fettuccine or linguine would go quite as well as spaghetti in that.
But go ahead and use something else instead of spaghetti if you want to. Italian food police regulations do not extend to whatever country you might live in.
>>
>>7793544
angel hair is absolute dog shit and you should be ashamed
>>
it's simple to eat with a a good simple texture. irregular pastas like fettuccine and linguine are less rounded and more poignant as far as texture is concerned

personally I prefer spaghettini.
>>
>>7793599
it has the best texture, when you twirl it on your fork and the noodles wrap around each other tightly it's amazing.

you just have to be smart and experienced to eat them.
>>
>>7793610
>best texture
it has no fucking mass to it, it turns into a sickening mess

linguine and fettuccine shit all over it
>>
File: labelL433551.gif (4 KB, 303x497) Image search: [Google]
labelL433551.gif
4 KB, 303x497
Because it's what mom used to make with that sauce that tastes amazing for some reason.
>>
>>7793619
maybe if you just lift it up from the dish of pasta and try to eat it that way. if you separate some of the strands and twirl your fork until they wrap around it into a tight ball, the texture is great.
>>
>>7793619

yeah if you overcook it like a retard
>>
>>7793642
This too, it only take a few minutes to cook so if you're not ready to drain it as soon as it's done it'll be overcooked
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.