[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did waiters and waitresses come to be so entitled? Okay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 23
File: waitressing.png (203 KB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
waitressing.png
203 KB, 600x335
How did waiters and waitresses come to be so entitled?

Okay weird story, I like it when a waiter or waitress says excellent choice after I place my order, so the last time I went out to eat I asked the waitress when she first sat me at my table to please say excellent choice when I place my order. She just gave me an odd look and walked away, and when she took my order she didn't fucking say it. So I left her no tip.

Bitch comes running up to me in the parking lot telling me I FORGOT to tip her, and I had to explain to her that I purposefully didn't tip because of the lousy unaccommodating service. Rude.

How did waiters and waitresses come to become so entitled as to feel they always deserve a tip?
>>
Not tipping your server?

Excellent choice.
>>
File: laughing-having-fun-gif.gif (529 KB, 500x206) Image search: [Google]
laughing-having-fun-gif.gif
529 KB, 500x206
>>7793328
>as to feel they always deserve a tip?

just let me put the tip in
>>
File: 1459898347430.jpg (48 KB, 695x516) Image search: [Google]
1459898347430.jpg
48 KB, 695x516
>>7793328
>I like it when a waiter or waitress says excellent choice after I place my order, so the last time I went out to eat I asked the waitress when she first sat me at my table to please say excellent choice when I place my order. She just gave me an odd look and walked away, and when she took my order she didn't fucking say it. So I left her no tip.
>>
File: 1466192707722.gif (481 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1466192707722.gif
481 KB, 200x150
>please say excellent choice
>>
>>7793328
> running up to me in the parking lot telling me I FORGOT to tip her
Liar. Nobody does that.
>>
>>7793362
Oh you would be surprised.
>>
>>7793362
That's the part of this shitpost making you call bullshit?
>>
>i posted it again
>>
File: lindo.jpg (9 KB, 220x250) Image search: [Google]
lindo.jpg
9 KB, 220x250
>>7793366

about how much you lie?
doubt it
>>
File: 1E3iEV3.jpg (59 KB, 618x375) Image search: [Google]
1E3iEV3.jpg
59 KB, 618x375
>>7793328
>How did waiters and waitresses come to become so entitled as to feel they always deserve a tip?

The owners pay them below minimum wage because you're expected to tip. That's just our retarded system.

Why can't we also have the option to serve ourselves?
>>
>>7793400
we do, it's called a buffet. theyre generally low-class food because upper class people don't want their food fucked with by untrained morans, sneezing on the food, licking the spoon then putting it back or using a spoon for one item to serve themselves a different item.

also this:
http://www.healthnutnews.com/the-fbi-wants-to-find-this-man-who-sprinkled-a-liquid-at-whole-foods/
>>
>>7793400
why she pay 400 dollaridoos
>>
>>7793400

14 for a stella, what weight we using here, because even USD that seems pricey.
>>
>>7793496

Apparently I can't read 2 for 14 so 7 USD sounds about right.
>>
>>7793400
What does partial pay mean? 13+2+42+14>30
>>
>>7793353
It worries me how few people here noticed this autism
>>
>>7793541
I suppose it's the subtotal (charges for food + charges for drinks before taxes and tip)

>>7793415
>low-class

I mean classy joints where you can serve yourself. Without them being hole-in-the-wall places or tiny, take-a-number places where wait staff is unnecessary.
>>
>>7793400
you do know that if a waiter makes less than min wage per hour the restaurant is required by law to bump them up to min wage

If the job is off the books then they know what they signed up for and have no right to complain
>>
>>7793400
Did no one else notice the obvious write-in here?

This is why I fill the box and put a 0 with a line through it in blanks (Like if I tip in cash).
>>
>>7793503
$7 for a pint of shit beer? In what universe does that sound right?
>>
>>7793605
It's apparently a screenshot of a receipt a waitress used to con a restaurant patron.

I don't believe waitresses/waiters receive any of that fill-in amount, so it's probably fake.
>>
>>7793611
Any upscale bar is going to charge anywhere from $5 to $8+ for the cheapest beers.

It ain't right, but people pay it. Think Vegas and other similar places.
>>
>>7793614
>I don't believe waitresses/waiters receive any of that fill-in amount
The waitress directly receives the amount in the tip spot.

It's how you pay a tip with a card, as opposed to cash.
>>
>>7793400
if i ever run a restaurant and a waitress came with this kind of shit i would put her under invastigation for offering sexual favours to costumers
>>
>>7793618
I wonder how many pimps have tried that shit.

"The patron gave her a huge tip, officuh. If she wanna throw a little action his way, it ain't mah bidness."
>>
>>7793503

there's $14 beers on there, too

3 STELLA STEIN - $42

and $7 for a pint of stella isn't about right. it's about $2 or $3 too much.
>>
>>7793592
You do know employers can make the employees life hell when the owners/corporate management shits a brick over the extra 7 dollars right?
>>
>>7793328
>How did waiters and waitresses come to be so entitled?

The irony of your post is astounding.
>>
>>7793757
If you are such shit you cant make your cut worth of tips then either its a slow day and your employer will understand, or your ass in the wrong minimum wage field
>>
>>7793760
How does one mean?
>>
What concerns me is how waitresses don't realize they're there to be eye candy. It's no coincidence that they got the job over the chubby pockmarked woman who also applied. Good looking women are selected to make men happy, and I have every right to give them a few winks or maybe slap their ass once in a while. It's just why they exist. I'm so sick of hearing them bitch about it. If you don't like it, get another job.
>>
File: 1466253188565.png (167 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1466253188565.png
167 KB, 800x800
>>7793400
>The owners pay them below minimum wage

Legally you can't pay below the minimum wage
If tips don't cover the spread the owner has to make up the difference
If someone is willing to get wage-keked for less than minimum wage that is their choice
>>
>>7794226
It's technically a choice, but the alternative is to be considered a troublemaker who loses his job. You won't be able to prove it was because you demanded the owner pay the difference when tips didn't make minimum wage a few times, but that will be why.
>>
>>7794249
>but the alternative is to be considered a troublemaker who loses his job
If you're actually making below minimum wage in any restaurant, you're doing something horribly wrong and you deserve to lose your job.
>>
>Check for $18 dollar meal
>Pay with a $50
>Waitress comes back with two $1s, two $5s, and two $10s
>Had to ask her to come back and break a $5 so that I could leave a proper tip
I should have just left the two $1s.

The fucking audacity this cunt demonstrated by expecting a $5 tip.
>>
>>7794254
Which brings us back to >>7793400
>>
>>7794226
If that's true then why is tipping made such a big deal of anywho?
>>
>>7794266
Maybe she expected a $1 tip.
>>
>>7794184
Did you know that men make better tips than women? Male waiters are often preferred.
>>
>>7793353
> just copy pastes text and greentext with a cancerous kids meme.
>>
>>7794276
Are you retarded?

What you're saying is, that because someone is shit at their job, they have to resort to stealing money.

The US has one of the biggest safety nets in the world, and anyone who bothers to go to the local HHS offices can get every basic need paid for in full by the taxpayers.

Fuck off.
>>
I remember growing up 1 or 2$ was being nice to waitresses and waiters, wasn't expected. Now they have that "if u can't afford to tip, u shouldn't eat" nonsense. A lot of my friends are bartenders and waiters , I hear them cry about it all the time. When I ask what they want to do in the Future for a career. They look confused as if they never had any dreams or goals.
>>
>>7794302
True, the best waiters I've ever had have all been men.

I'd rather someone put in some effort than just ambivalent eye-candy.
>>
>>7793400
Bullshit. I was a dishpig at a restaraunt in Montana called The Montana Club, and the waiters there got minimum wage, just like me, and the other entry level positions. One time sticks out in particular where a couple of my buddies stopped by to share a $10 appetizer, with waters. The waiter came by after they left because they "only" tipped 2 dollars. The bill was $10 because we have no sales tax, and he said they stiffed him. Him, like the other wait staff were felt they were entitled to good tips, although they had minimum wage. And the same guy once bragged about how his minimum wage means nothing to him because he makes so much with tips alone.
>>
>>7793353
>or maybe slap their ass once in a while. It's just why they exist. I'm so sick of hearing them bitch about it. If you don't like it, get another job.

I'm unfamiliar with SpongeBill what is that image supposed to convey?
>>
File: TALLYWACKERS.jpg (42 KB, 570x548) Image search: [Google]
TALLYWACKERS.jpg
42 KB, 570x548
>>7794335
If you want eyecandy and great service go to Tallywackers, it's like Hooters but with hunky dudes just wearing briefs.

So you can drool and get great service.
>>
>>7794340
Do busboys ever steal tips?
>>
File: 42424522.jpg (30 KB, 269x200) Image search: [Google]
42424522.jpg
30 KB, 269x200
>>7793353
got any more bobs? my collection is small but respectable
>>
>>7794319
No, that's nothing like what I'm saying. You're so immersed in tipping culture that you can't imagine a better world.
>>
>>7793328
Why did you feel the need to start yet another one of these shit threads?
>>
>>7794266
No lie, once at outback, my change should of been 9.90 and she gave me a ten! If the gal I was with wouldn't of thrown a fit, I was gonna rip it in half, leave her one and take the other.

I would of stiffed her if the gal wasn't there with me
>>
>>7793463
She didnt, the first 4 is obviously different from the other too, it was written in.
>>
>>7794441
He wanted to make a joke about the "excellent choice" line that the wait stuff often feeds the customer, obviously.
>>
>>7794439
Then what are you saying?

I'm not sitting here proposing another whole system to usurp the current norm, but it sounds like you're advocating for theft.
>>
File: 1394981235418.gif (1 MB, 186x238) Image search: [Google]
1394981235418.gif
1 MB, 186x238
>>7793342
>>
>>7794345
Awesome concept. I hope they carry the dishes to you at crotch level so maybe their wangs rub up against your food a bit.
>>
>>7794334
I agree. They're entitled as shit.

I used to work as a cook. The waitresses would flit in and out, "hey is that order ready yet?" *pulls out phone* "hehehe" *giggling amongst each other*

Meanwhile, in the back, I'm sweating like a motherfucker, moving nonstop, order after order. Tension is high, the stress is real. Hot grills and sharp knives risk life and limb. And the waitresses have the audacity to talk about how their job is tough because you have to talk to people. Talking to people is fucking easy, anyone who is over 9 years old shouldn't find it difficult. And as a cook my tips weren't usually more than a tenner for the whole night.

If you look at who generates value, one person makes the food. The other literally walks and asks you what you want. Same shit I did working at Taco Bell in high school. The cook gets shafted and the waitresses are making bank. I work in telecommunications now. I get cell towers built. My good friend who is a waiter STILL makes more than I do. Up to $50/hour or better. I remember when he'd talk about how the job was hard and he deserves that money. He's come to terms now and realizes that it's a joke of a system, and one that he is perfectly happy to exploit. Fuck tipping, there is literally no reason that taking orders and walking with plates should pay better than any job that requires actual knowledge/education.
>>
>>7794468
I thought it was funny
>>
>Friend and me talking, restaurant is closing, we move over a nearby cheap bar&grill to continue.
>Friend uses the word "libation".
>waitress, "What does that mean?"
>I intervene, "20-dollar-word meaning to have a drink, be offered a drink, to get drunk."
>waitress, "What's a 20-dollar-word?"
>Me, "A word educated people use to confuse others."
>She flips out "I HAVE A LAW DEGREE AND MAJOR IN PSYCHOLOGY!"
>Uh, sure she does.
>My friend, teacher, degree in biology, 10+ years of experience in both, hobby is artist promotion.
>Me, manufacturing engineer 23 years experience, Engineering degree, CNC implementation technician, freelance painter/sculptor.
>We were discussing about negotiating a gallery showing.
>Waitress, 20ish, loud Entitlement-baby Millennial, bad at her job. We left no tip.
>>
>>7794348
I don't know. I worked the dishpit, but I don't doubt it, 3/4 of the wait staff were assholes.
>>
>>7796068
Your life sounds so mundane. It sounds like you've never really felt, like you've done well for yourself but you ultimately don't know why. Notice the propensity for the need to display one's own educated background, and the backgrounds of the "intellectuals" they've surrounded themselves with. Yet they're quick to dismiss someone else's based off of assumption alone. What a supercilious fuck. You're white, you're boring, you're entitled (but you don't think it), and you might like anal forplay, give it a shot.
>>
>>7793362
I've had this happen.
>Me and 3 guys from uni went to pizza hut.
>They hooked us up with some free pizza and cut price ice cream machine.
>One guy dint have cash so we all gave him money and he paid for all of it on his card.
>He didn't add a gratuity to the bill.
Waitress shouted at us across the car park 'I gave you free pizza and you diet even leave me a tip!'
>mfw no one gave a fuck
>>
>>7793641
In American Stella is "premium beer"
It comes in its own glass, so it must be fancy
>>
>>7796397
>you're white
as if there's anything wrong with that
>>
File: Feels on Wheels.png (45 KB, 644x620) Image search: [Google]
Feels on Wheels.png
45 KB, 644x620
>tfw live in a country where we don't have to tip

It's a weird feel.

I don't travel much but what should I expect to tip waiters/waitresses when I eventually go overseas?

Is there a formula to this shit
>>
>>7796397
It doesnt matter what you do, you will always be a second-class citizen. youre ignorant of how great it is to be white.
>>
>>7794458
*should HAVE
*wouldn't HAVE
>>
>>7796690
a couple dollars for ok service
nothing for bad service
$5 for great service
it doesn't matter what the meal cost
>>
>>7796690
>>7796725
do this if youre black. theyll be expecting it.

otherwise the general rule is 15-20% of the bill.
>>
>>7796690
i do 10ish% in not-burger

never been to getshotland but i assume its 15-20 from what ive heard
>>
>>7796733
Fuck that why should I pay a waitress at a fancy restaunt more than I pay the waitress at a mom + pop shop if they do the same level of work?

The one at Ruth's Chris or whatever is not working any harder than the one at Denny's. They don't deserve more money just because they applied at a higher end restaurant.
>>
>>7796749
the waiters at fancy restaurants are generally better trained and usually serve fewer people in a night than the waiters at denny's.

it's also a cultural norm. if you cant accept it then go ahead and be an asshole that doesn't care to follow general tipping norms. you technically don't have to tip.
>>
>>7796760
>better trained
what the fuck kind of training do you need to give a waitress?
>here hit this button on the machine if they ordered wings
>split the check? hit this split button then take them the check

>it's a cultrual norm
that doesn't excuse retarded behavior. it's a cultural norm for chinese people to piss in the street but that doesn't mean it's okay

Waiting tables is virtually the same job everywhere, I don't see why one person should make $400 a night and another only come home with $50
>>
I always tip the fancy waiters because of the excellent service they provide.

I've skimped on a few tips at chain restaurants and what not because the service was poor.

I'm not a charity service and i don't give a fuck how i'll be perceived if i won't be going back and won't have to deal with wageslaves spitting in my food.
>>
>>7796772
>says the guy who thinks Chili's is a fancy restaurant
Lmao i feel bad for you son, you've never known the joy of seeing some guy scraping your breadcrumbs off the table for you.
>>
>>7796772
>what the fuck kind of training do you need to give a waitress?

Plenty. They need to know the menu well. When a customer asks "so, what about the roasted pheasant", they need to be able to describe it properly and not say something dumb like "urrr.....its kinda like chicken"

>>that doesn't excuse retarded behavior
I agree with you as a matter of priniciple. but let's be realistic here. You and I are outliers. Human nature has always excused retarded behavior because it's the cultural norm. Get your head away from your cellphone for 2 seconds and that should be clearly obvious (right or wrong).
>>
>>7796772
>waiting tables is virtually the same job everywhere

no it's not. the waiters at fancy restaurants generally have a much better understanding of the food, how it's made, where it came from. youre describing a waiter at a greasy-spoon place that serves wings, there is a notable difference between that guy and the guy at a $50 a plate place. at a fancy restaurant they always keep the table cleared and your water filled, theyre usually watching you to the point where if you need anything from the wait staff you don't even have to say anything to get their attention. fancier restaurants have a maitre d or hostess, bus people, water boys, and a bartender for the waitstaff that all get a share of the tip in additon to possibly other specialty servers like bread people, ice people, pepper people. the work may be physically the same, but a fancy restaurant is a more intellectually demanding job for a waiter than a place that serves wings.

Following the cultural norm of tipping isn't really a place for you to make a statement, it's someone's livelihood. if you can't understand that then you probably have some issues with your character, such as narcissistic or autistic tendencies.
>>
File: deliverance.jpg (34 KB, 720x365) Image search: [Google]
deliverance.jpg
34 KB, 720x365
>>7796784
>but a fancy restaurant is a more intellectually demanding job

that's why I quit waiting table at a fancy restaurant and went to medical school - my brain needed a rest
>>
>>7796793
compared to waiting tables a denny's where people know what a fucking pancake or omlette is and wont be asking questions about where the food came from or about the menu that changes every few days, yea it is. the guy at denny's probably wont know that a peanut is a bean, not a nut, but the waiter at a fancy restaurant should know that difference, for example.

you have to know more about the food at a fancy restaurant.
>>
File: laugh5.jpg (29 KB, 388x288) Image search: [Google]
laugh5.jpg
29 KB, 388x288
>>7796800

my god I think he's typing this bullshit with a straight face
>>
>>7796811
ok mr. white t shirt. follow whatever tipping rules you want.
>>
>>7796800
>you have to know more about the food at a fancy restaurant.

do you have to know more at a "classy" strip joint?
>>
>>7796827
you have to be better at dancing. they don't hire meth addicts who think you just take your clothes off.

your ignorance is showing.
>>
>>7796811
Because he's right you humongous fag.
>>
>>7796858

another "waiter" wanting more respect than his job entails

you're a fucking waiter
>>
>>7796858
ameriburgers getting ass blasted despite everybody around the world making fun of their "tipping" culture

america never ceases to amaze me
>>
>>7796938
>america never ceases to amaze me
You should be amazed, we're the world leader after all, we got the U.N. right on the home base here.

So thank you for the awe sir.
>>
>>7796800
>>7796811
Of course he's right. There's a reason waiters at high end restaurants make more. If you are the best at almost anything, you deserve recognition and higher pay for that.

Waiters make way too much damn money as a whole, but obviously they should be compensated better if they're in a fine dining restaurant that is very selective in hiring and requires a great deal of knowledge about the food
>>
>>7796644
It's an import, you cunt, and it's regarded as such. Nobody even refers to beers as "premium" unless your dining establishment of choice is WingStop.
>>
File: kermit.jpg (2 KB, 112x127) Image search: [Google]
kermit.jpg
2 KB, 112x127
>>7793328
>mfw bait is this bad
>>
>>7796068
>libation
>20 dollar word
It's really not. Maybe she just doesn't drink and it never came up out of that context for her. Certainly nothing to be a bitch to her for and then mark her up as some sort of unreasonable child for her being insulted by you directly insulting her.
>>
>>7793641
>3 STELLA STEIN - $42
If you want this in England just ask for three buckets of wifebeater
>>
>>7797422
>reading this as an insult
How is your fragile vagina feeling today?
>>
>>7794458
so, you got more change back than you deserved, and you threw a hissy fit?
>>
>>7797505
>I don't know how to read
Or
>I pretend to be retarded and call it "bait"
>>
>>7797511
>My change should have been 9.90 and she gave me a 10

He got more change back than he deserved. What are you bitching about?
>>
>>7797536
>b-but look anon, a whole dime!
Neets, everyone
>>
>>7797383
>responding to b8
>>
File: happychina.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
happychina.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>7797375
>If you are the best at almost anything

you carry food to a table and set the plates down

I think your Dad might be bragging about you today
>>
>>7797846
Implying I'm not the same poster who was saying waiters make too damn much money. There's still such a thing as supply and demand. You want overpriced, look at pro athletes.
>>
>>7796048

Did you ever like, sweat in peoples' food? I imagine you as a rather rotund man that may have been predisposed to sweating.

Also this would explain why you hated the waitresses; because they didn't fancy you, wouldn't let you get a shag in with them. Did this make you angry?
>>
>>7793400
Why would you tip $14 on a $30 bill?
>>
>>7796397
Why so triggered?
>>
>>7794184
>What concerns me is how waitresses don't realize they're there to be eye candy

>and I have every right to give them a few winks or maybe slap their ass once in a while

Every right according to what, exactly? If the manager throws you out, are you seriously telling me you're going to sue him because "it's your right" to wink at a woman or do more than just audio/visual flirting?

Also, if they're just eye candy, why are you allowed to touch them?

Not outright implying you're in the wrong. I'd just like to know your justifications.

If it's not "your right" at every restaurant, where does it come from? Hell, there's a restaurant in my area that's NOT Bob Evan's or Friendly's or some chain. It's somewhere between an incredibly-fancy, 3-course meal place, and something like Bob Evan's. Most if not all of the waitresses are older women, not pieces of eye candy.

If your "right" only applies to certain places, could you please elaborate?
>>
>>7797980
Triggered tumblrina detected
>>
>>7796048
>And the waitresses have the audacity to talk about how their job is tough because you have to talk to people. Talking to people is fucking easy, anyone who is over 9 years old shouldn't find it difficult.

It's not just talking to people. It's knowing how to treat them, biting your tongue, writing down their orders correctly to make sure they're conveyed properly to cooks like you, having to do this to MULTIPLE tables, getting their drinks and food.

Making sure they don't trip, don't spill anything, act friendly so they actually GET tips. With people like the ones in this thread who feel a waitress or waiter needs to be fucking PERFECT, it's no surprise they're stressed about pleasing customers.

Meanwhile, all you've got to do is make the food. Yes, all you have to do. You take orders, prepare the food, serve it up. I understand it's a LOT of work and takes a lot of skill.

But at the same time, it's something that really only goes so far. Yes, you cook. But you deal with the same things day in and day out. Whoever is waiting on people deals with new people all day, and all of them need to feel welcome regardless of how tired they are from walking around, running things back and forth.

Oh sure, there are the times and places where you're going to have waitstaff sitting around or acting like dumb shits. But that's not every restaurant, every waitstaff, or each individual person.

If you have shit service at a restaurant, REGARDLESS of how good the food is, people aren't coming back.
>>
Rule of thumb:
Waitresses get a 10% tip unless spectacular
Waiters get 20% tip unless awful
>>
>>7796397
This is perhaps the gayest post I have ever read.

Not even him, but you should seriously quit projecting and jumping to the defense of waitresses who flip out at their customers.

>You're white, you're boring, you're entitled (but you don't think it)
Please link me to your tumblr.
I'll follow you. <3
>>
>>7798036
This kinda flies in the face of using tips based on merit.
Explain your reasoning.
>>
>>7798043
Make me
>>
File: please respond.png (192 KB, 429x441) Image search: [Google]
please respond.png
192 KB, 429x441
>>7798046
>>
>>7798056
The worst waiter I've had still fit somewhere in the top 20% of waitresses.
>>
>>7793400
>The owners pay them below minimum wage because you're expected to tip
they're legally required to pay the difference if waiters can't make enough in tips to cover their wage. This is a stupid myth. Waiters and bar tenders make fucking bank from tips and they dont want their cash cow disappearing when everyone wises up to how fucking stupid tipping is
>>
>>7798043
Women should not work. They are supposed to be at home looking after their children while their husband works.
>>
>>7793328
your request was the most autistic thing i've ever heard and i spend all my time on /b
>>
>>7798060
That's the issue, when you see a mediocre or bad waiter you instinctively think "aw he's probably just having a tough night" but when you see a mediocre or bad waitress you think "God that fucking bitch, do your job"
>>
>>7796068
To be fair you come off as a massive dick when you imply someone else is not educated cause they don't know an uncommonly used "big boy word"
>>
>>7798065
>/b
This isn't reddit.
>>
>>7798066
No, that's not it.
>>
>>7797989
I already mentioned: I'm not saying he's wrong. I'm asking for justification. I'll gladly go with what he says if he just points out what logic he's following, and why restaurants don't seem to generally follow that logic.
>>
>>7798063
What a household is composed of two lesbians living together or what about single women?
>>
>>7797874
>dat projection tho
>>
>>7794266
surely 10% is a standart tip? Leave the $2 and you have given her a bonus
>>
>>7797536
Don't be dense, I was pissed because I wanted a 5 and a few singles, so I didn't have to tip 25%
>>
This isn't a serious is it? OP, you ask why waiters are self-entitled because you feel self-entitled as a customer to determine what words they use to speak with you?

WHY ARE YOU SELF-ENTITLED!? GOD DAMMIT I HOPE THIS IS A BAIT THREAD COZ I AM BITING HARD
>>
>>7799696
They're called servers, they'e there to serve, they should do everything in their capacity as a waiter in speech and in order to please you.
>>
>>7796690
You're travelling.
Don't even bother tipping.
>>
>>7799740
When you';re traveling is it okay to tip in the currency from your native country, sort of like a thrill tip, like

>cool foreign money
>>
>>7796048
I wish I could tip the chefs instead of waitresses. I'd be more than happy to get my food from the kitchen instead of having someone bring it over if it meant my tip goes to you guys instead.
>>
>>7794226
>he doesn't know about right to work states
>>
>>7796486
That's pretty awful of you all to be honest. Shitty teenage behavior.
>>
>>7800179
When you give a tip, you can say "this is for the back of house"
>>
>>7800203

The cunt literally stole from her employer and gave it away for free trying to ""earn"" undeserved tips. She should have had her boss called over to see what she'd had done and been fired on the spot.
>>
>>7800238
>implying the server wouldn't lie to you and keep it for themselves
>>
>>7800195
That has literally nothing to do with right to work laws
>>
>>7800773
Is everyone guaranteed a job in those States?
>>
>>7800752
Of course it's not guaranteed to work. But it's... possible at least. Servers are cunts, most of them would just take it after all.
>>
>>7793344
>faggot.gif
>>
>>7799601
no, a standard tip is 15-20%, on the upper end if you have a group of 6 or more, or if the service was good. 10% is a niggardly tip.
>>
>>7796048

1. If you didn't like being a cook and the servers were making more money then why did you become a server?

2. Taco Bell doesn't have servers fuckface.

3. Only servers in the highest of high end restaurants make anywhere near $50/hour. I knew someone who worked at Daniel in NYC and they pulled in $350 to $400 a night and that was one of the most expensive in the city.
>>
>>7800830
No it has to do with not allowing unions to set up closed shops. Which means in states without right to work you cannot go into specific jobs without joining a union.
And it also bars unions from entering into special agreements with employers that only benefit Union employees
>>
>>7800203
It's not good to encourage employees to stealX by rewarding such behavior you teach an employee "hey want a 20 tip? Steal a pizza and give it away"

If I where then I would have told the manager after having paid
>>
>>7793328
people are getting more selfish and its hard to put the blame on either the staff or the customer. but in the end, i think the staff should be required to take more shit than the customer. people forget that, and thats why small businesses are taking a hit. that and people are selfish and would rather get that new plasma at walmart than pay 5% more at another smaller store. smaller businesses are waaaay more beneficial to the economy.
>>
>>7796938
I maybe wrong on this one but I though in Europe gratuity is often included on the bill in most restaurants if you have a moderately sized party
>>
>>7801416
they often do that in america, usually for groups over 6.
>>
>>7801405
>smaller businesses are waaaay more beneficial to the economy

How so?
>>
>>7801423
It's not as common in America I've never experienced it unless it's a group of 10+ or it is explicitly state on the menu they add gratuity to all checks
>>
>>7801942
I see it all the time. maybe it's a northeast thing? or just the places I tend to eat at. or I just notice it on the restaurant occasionally and it seems like it's more often than it really is, idk.
>>
>>7801433
Huge businesses use their clout to push competitors out of business and force manufacturers to lower costs to riskily thin profit margins. They're a destructive force.
>>
>>7793400
>Why can't we also have the option to serve ourselves?

You have that option you dense faggot. Its called eating anywhere in the fucking world that you want except where it is someones job and source of income to serve you.
>>
>all these (You)s from a pretend story
get some sense
>>
>>7793328
They have great rolemodels
>>
>>7797462
>its a word educated people use to confuse others
>this word is confusing to the waitress, ergo you think she is uneducated

how is that not an insult?
>>
>>7802161
Facts are not insults in themselves. Interpreting a fact as disrespectful or scornful is a retarded form of self preservation and calling it an insult is projecting.
>>
>>7794288

Servers make a lot of money from tips.
>>
>>7796397

We have reached new levels of projecting
>>
>>7796068
You sound like the sort of sad fuck whose crowning achievement in life, at most, might be a fucking MENSA membership.
>>
>>7802820
still doesnt change the fact that its an insult
>>
>>7802874
>fact
>>
>>7796068
>Be me
>Major in classic Russian literature
>Learn Russian, German, French, and Japanese, just to get a feel for these books
>Learn Latin, Greek, Japanese, and Sign, just for the hell of it
>Be a recognized member of the polyglot community
>Friends all talk about the newest teenie books they've read like The Hunger Games and The Division
>All look to me for personal insight
>Deride them and their attitudes for having such shit taste
>Jk
>I'm not an asshole
>I offer to go and watch the Hunger Game movies with them that weekend.
>Be a likable person
>Have friends

Why is it so hard for some people NOT to be autists, anons?
>>
>>7796690
>Go to Kennedy Airport
>Plane lands
>Everybody claps
>Pilot flits on intercom and all we can hear from the cockpit is uproarious clapping
>Waitresses all tip us 30% gratuities
>Passengers all tip them back 40% gratuities
>Waitresses go up to my seat
>Shove an upturned stewardess hat in my direction
>I tip them 10%
>Everybody hisses at me
>"Hisssss...Hissssss"
>I put a few more dollars in the hat
>The hissing lessens
>I put a few more dollars in
>The hiss is near silent
>I throw in a 20
>Everybody goes back to doing their regular stuff
>Get off the plane
>Enter the terminal
>Get shot

T-thanks, America.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 457x339) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 457x339
>>7802949
>>
>>7796068
>call her uneducated
>acts like a cunt when she retorts back
>doesn't leave her a tip because she didn't just quietly accept being called stupid to her face
>>
>>7802983
In better times we would have beat the impertinence out of her with our canes.
>>
>>7802949
>Be me

Immediately discarded as all posters who found this place post-2012 should be.
>>
>>7803035
I dont know who you are
I dont know when you first came here
But
I know that you are a faggot
And you are not the ok kind of faggot who sucks dick and takes it up the ass
But rather you are the autistic faggot who the fanatic Christians and Muslims should hate, but confuse with the gays
>>
>>7793328
You're kind of special, aren't you?
>>
>eat some wings and drink some beer
>get pretty decent service because I'm not an autistic faggot making stupid requests of people who are just trying to get through the day, and instead just ordering food and drinks
>leave a $5 tip on a $30 tab without insulting or belittling the server into standing up for herself as if that would excuse me from tipping
>go home happy and looking forward to the next time I eat out
>>
>>7793362
I see it happen in movies and tv so i would think it has happened.
>>
>>7802958
at first I was wtf
then I lol'd
>>
What i don't understand is why a business owner would put up with that sort of behaviour, that would be completely unacceptable to me.
>>
File: tumblr.jpg (22 KB, 330x384) Image search: [Google]
tumblr.jpg
22 KB, 330x384
>>7804069
>that sort of behaviour

who the fuck are you talking to
why can't you spell
what are you saying
I mean damn
>>
>>7797846
You really dont understand how demanding it is to bring great service to 10 different tables at once, never forgetting anything and keeping a straight face when serving austists like you?

Good service is a huge part of a restaurant experience.

Also, being a waitress/server has been proven to be one of the most stressful jobs a human can have, more so than neurosergeons.
>>
>>7804079
>why can't you spell
Is spell some sort of reddit slang that I'm unaware of?
>what are you saying
If i were your boss I'd sack you and others like you that get bootyblasted because you weren't given a charitable donation in addition to your wage as thanks for not spitting in a customer's food.
>>
>>7804024
Congrats, you're still a faggot
>>
File: smile.gif (1 MB, 400x330) Image search: [Google]
smile.gif
1 MB, 400x330
>>7804101
.You really dont understand how demanding it is to bring great service to 10 different tables at once, never forgetting anything

How complicated would it be to say "excellent choice" to everyone that orders in the next 30 minutes? That way you don't have to remember which customer asked for it, you will definitely say it to them, and all of your other customers will be charmed by your positive feedback on their food choice.
>>
Next time I order I'm going to ask my waitress if I can order through a game of charades, where I act out what I want and she has to guess.
Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.