[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I prevent my hot dogs from shriveling like pic related?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: rfl_5133-960x600_c.jpg (325 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
rfl_5133-960x600_c.jpg
325 KB, 960x600
How do I prevent my hot dogs from shriveling like pic related? The other day I grilled some hot dogs, and the turkey dogs especially shriveled massively after a few minutes cooling down waiting to be eaten.
>>
>>7792769
Boil them, like you're supposed to. Grilling is for good sausages.
>>
Buy real hotdogs fgt

vienna beef
hebrew national
>>
Ketchup reverses the hotdog aging process
>>
>Grilling hotdogs
>>
Constant rubbing keeps the wiener plump
>>
>>7792780
>>7792772
Am I being meme'd? I don't visit /ck/ that often.
>>
>>7792780
i grew up in chicago.
Prefer boiled
but splitting and frying is good sometimes with a meat chili
>>
>>7792782
Actually, if I rub mine too much it ends up wrinkly.
>>
>>7792784
no brah

You're just THAT bad of a cook
>>
>>7792795
You got dick cancer. Bro.

>>7792777
Leave it to the fucking jews to steal our trips, and then advertise their food in our threads.
>>
Am I the only one who sort of likes the shriveled, wrinkly skin when it gets overdone like this? I like the flavor.

>>7792769
>>7792784
Don't listen to these boil only fags. Cook them however you want. They're only hot dogs after all. It's not sacrilege to not boil them like some would have you believe.

They keep cooking, so if you pull them off when they look cooked you've already gone too far. You're either leaving them on too long or your heat is too high, drying them out

Personally I boil them halfway first, then panfry them or throw them on the grill quickly for that flavor and color.
>>
>>7792834
I go straight from the freezer to the grill with mines, by the time they're no longer frozen and get hot, they're good to go
>>
hot dogs only shrivel when they're overcooked, it's caused by the steam stretching the skin out. cook the wiener SLOW at a medium to low heat, and let it brown.
>>
Boiling hotdogs yields the worst flavor. I'd rather fry or bake a hot dog before I boil one
>>
>>7792855
This tbqh.

I found some frozen giant Costco hotdogs in the freezer one day, and didn't really want to wait for them to thaw them out. They were the best hotdogs I've ever eaten.
>>
>>7792769
What the fuck is wrong with that bread holy shit
>>
>>7793575
This, sempai. I use the microwave and going from 1 minute down to 30 seconds made all the difference in the world.
>>
Cook them bitches by leaving them out in the sun. Nothing beats sun dogs.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.