[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
F'yeah! Soup Thread!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_0856.jpg (158 KB, 1460x1095) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0856.jpg
158 KB, 1460x1095
I've been doing soups this winter for the first time ever. Here I've made Slovakian garlic soup today. It's pretty full-on. About 12 cloves to 8 cups of water and 4 medium potatoes. Replaced caraway with rosemary. Only one teaspoon of paprika because I've got the hot one instead of sweet smoked. With the paprika, the colour tends to bond with the oil, would that also be where the flavour ends up? Got the spiciness just right but it irritates my throat a bit.

Over previous weeks I've done lamb and barley, and split pea and bacon. Both taste fantastic. What are /ck/'s stable soups? Preferably ones that don't require trips to specialty markets.
>>
File: images (17).jpg (33 KB, 504x292) Image search: [Google]
images (17).jpg
33 KB, 504x292
Chilpachole, a shrimp and crab mexican soup. The broth is usually spicy.
>>
File: leaky potatoes.jpg (71 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
leaky potatoes.jpg
71 KB, 1200x800
>he doesn't do Potato and Leak Soup
How long before the redditors come in with their gazpacho?
>>
>F'yeah!
It's okay to swear on 4chan, OP. You won't get downvoted for it.
>>
>>7792409
Stick it up your arse, it's a Sealab 2021 reference.
>>
>>7792207
>this winter

it's not winter, idiot. this is why people hate australians.
>>
>>7792426
>sealab 2020
i think reddit might be more your speed if you want to nostalgia pander
>>
Thanks for the inspo anon. I've never heard of this one but I will make it. I enjoy making French onion soup with beer, leak and potato, broccoli soup, pea and ham, and Swiss barley soup.. Possibly the best winter warmer..
>>
>>7792672
>>7792399
>they wants their potatoes to gush liquid out of them uncontrollably

>>7792207
That pic and description looks/sounds a lot like Hungarian cream-of-garlic soup (fokhagymakrémleves). Haven't eaten that in forever, so I might get around to making some soon.

Soups/stews are my favourite class of food. I usually make up my own soups/stews. They won't typically have any special ethnic origin or any particular name beyond what's in them.

Just this week, I cooked:
noodles and roast pork in green ham broth "ramen"
céklaleves (Hungarian style beetroot soup with mushrooms; similar to the better-known borscht from Slavic countries, but simpler and not as processed through)
smoked chicken with corn and spinach in carrot chowder
white bean in green chilli soup
Olaszleves (what Hungarians think is "Italian" soup, since the name literally means "Italian soup" and all; it's just a chunky white bean and vegetable soup in veg broth, kind of similar to minestrone, less the pasta)
>>
>>7792207
LOL it's summer time my dude
>>
>>7792207

No pictures, but try making a standard vegetable broth and adding in a fuckload of chopped carrots and like half a red-garnet yam. Simmer until the carrots are very tender and the yam is basically dissolving, then blend with an immersion blender. Serve with fresh dill.
>>
shit nigga I just take a can of chefs kitchen chicken noodle and throw in a few shakes of cayenne pepper powder, a pinch of cumin and a little bit of Creole seasoning and garlic powder.
I'm a simple man
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.