[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the worst beer you've ever had? Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 34
What is the worst beer you've ever had?
Why?
>>
>>7791367
Raging Bitch.

My father, who in 23 years I've never seen turn down alcohol of any sort, tried one and chunked it across the yard. He then started cussing me for giving him poison.
>>
>>7791367
Every IPA on the market. Why? Sour AF. Give me a stout.
>>
Blue Moon
Heineken
Stella
Corona
Guinness
Coors
Pacifico
Sierra Nevada
Shiner Bock
Miller
Shock Top

Its all shit beer
>>
>>7791522
Budweiser is, appropriately, not on that list

Heinekin is fucking garbage, it tastes like celery
>>
Any of the beers that came out in that "smoke-flavoured beers" fad that happened last summer.
>>
>>7791522

>I only drink the finest of winecoolers and cocks
>>
worked in a restaraunt where we would often get cases of free beer to sample and see if we want to stock them

some hipster brewery sent in a bunch of balsamic reduction based stout and they were so disgusting even the alcoholic dishwasher wouldn't take them home
>>
Boston Lager
>>
Beer in general is shit tier, so is wine. They have shit tier flavor, shit tier nutrition, and shit tier alcohol content, no matter how many burgerbucks you shell out to have the word "craft" applied to your swill.

While I'm getting autistic on a Nepalese stir fry convention website, I should point out that alcohol is, indisputably, one of the shittiest drugs you can get your hands on, second only to nicotine.
>>
>>7791738
are you a 15 year old reddit browsing athiest by chance
>>
"What's the worst..." threads are almost as bad as shit like "do americans really...".

I've been to tons of breweries, brewpubs, brewfests, and homebrewer's houses, and have plenty of bad beer, but why the fuck would I remember what it's called or care?

This thread is going to be nothing but people trying to be contrarian by naming popular brands/styles.

Yeah, all the big name adjunct lagers are shit, and I'd be hard pressed to willingly drink any of them, but they're not even close to the worst beer I've ever had.
>>
>>7791748
you wish ;)
>>
Tecate. Total gargbage.
>>
File: cherry_wheat_6[1].jpg (171 KB, 920x800) Image search: [Google]
cherry_wheat_6[1].jpg
171 KB, 920x800
>>7791367

any non-lambic beer with a fruit in its name

>>7791522

if these are the worst you've had then you haven't tried very many. Unless you just hate beer they're all easily chuggable if you're tryna get durnk.
>>
>>7791367
natty ice
>>
>>7791790

>if these are the worst you've had then you haven't tried very many

He most likely just named every beer he could think of.
>>
I just bought beer from the store, and fuck, its a bad batch. Why does this happen so often?
>>
>>7791761

Underage detected
>>
>>7791522
Blue moon and sierra nevada are good prove me wrong
>>
>>7791898

I never for the hate for blue moon. its straight up delicious. Also call me a pleb, but I love at a bar when they put an orange slice in it
>>
>>7791803
I've reluctantly drunk natty ice cause my brother who drinks it was home and it was all we had in the fridge after my good beer was gone. I have to say it's pretty decent when you've gone through a 6 of ipa and wanna get more trashed
>>
>>7791905
They just hate it cause it's made by coors, not because of the taste
>>
Not even close and I'd wager it might be one of the worst beers ever created. It starts of skunky and ends with a nasty sriracha film clinging to every part of your mouth.
>>
Tecate is the worst, I've been able to get down a can of natty but tecate just makes me puke. The only decent mexican beer I've had is negra modelo
>>
>>7791898
blue moon is bad because sam's summer exists
>>
>>7791898
not sure about the nevada hate. never had anything total shit form them, not exciting but never offensive.
>>
>>7791367
Natty Daddy. Tastes like someone carbonated foot sweat and poured a little bit of denatured alcohol in it.
>>
Any barleywine. Fucking gross.
>>
Its a tie between the holy trifecta of shitty beer Olympia, PBR, and Rainier.
>>
Peroni
>>
While not the worst or even very bad, I am absolutely SICK of coffee stouts/porters
>>
>>7791367
>Coors light
>tennent super

>>7791522 do drink some milk
>>
>>7791905
I work in a bar, i think blue moon is trash but people love it, especially with the orange slice. Too tangy for me. I don't go for citrusy or "summer" beers. A good not-so-sweet stout or pale lager does the trick for me. If an IPA is maltier and less bitter I'll drink that as well, those are harder to find, i guess dogfish is the best mainstream brew i can think of.
>>
Cas while in south korea.

Never have I had such a bad tasting beer with such little alcohol.
>>
>>7791367
pro brewer here. I have homebrewers bring me in some of their own creations fairly regularly. since I don't always get to them quickly, sometimes they sit around for a while. diacetyl bombs tend to be the worst for me... and I've had more than I can count.
>>
>>7791850
keep an eye on bottling/best by dates. stores that don't move big volume often have old beer on the shelves. I try to avoid buying hoppy beers more than 2 months old.
>>
>>7792127
Can you explain what a diecetyl bomb tastes like to a non-brewer or in layman's terms?
>>
>>7792131
I work in beer distribution and it's a good idea to pay attention to what you buy and where

some stores don't even know that if they don't sell whole cases before they get past their best by date they can send them back for refund credit on their next order[at least this is the case for the company I work for]. a walgreens that I go to has had some leinie's harvest patch sitting around for months in aisles and not in the cooler. I've also seen Convenient's and other beverage stores hoard christmas and other seasonals for 3+ years in un-refridgerated store rooms without even having AC.

I won't ever buy craft beers from beverage / liquor / convenient stores ever again since seeing that shit, and I don't recommend anybody else do it either.

>>7792170
google says it tastes like butter. so probably either stupidly buttery beer, or beer that's intensely buttery AND has an extremely high alcohol content
>>
>>7791850
I bought I think it was Finch Brewery and the cans weren't even full all the way and it was completely flat. Didn't realize until I had already gotten home. No idea what happened there. I'm sure they're decent otherwise.
>>
>>7792170
the most common descriptor is buttery. I think movie theater popcorn when I smell it. in some sweeter styles (reds, stouts) a little bit is fine and not noticable, but in light/hoppy beers or in large quanitities its really unpleasant.
>>
>>7792190
literally 100% of breweries will replace cans like this if you contact them, for future reference
>>
Banana bread beer. Tastes like watery cheap beer with synthetic banana flavor added to it. Some people love it...

Tried a couple of uk beers trying to emulate American style ipa's that were terrible (high ibu low abv%... You need higher abv% for ipa's as the residual sweetness from increased grain content balances the hop bitterness).

Made a coffee porter that was catastrophic. Way too much coffee. Two bottles gave me a caffeine induced panic attack, insomnia and ptsd...... Tasted bad too.

Cask ales that have gone bad aren't fun (stale beer with vinegar and sulfuric egg)

>>7792170
Synthetic, sickly, buttery popcorn..... in a bad way. Diacytyl is often used in e-cig juice to give them a butter-scotch type flavor.... It's believed to be carcinogenic if inhaled in large amounts.
I'd get small amounts of it if I fermented at too high a temperature using British style ale yeast
>>
>>7791367
Was a bottle I bought off a shelf because I had enough change to afford it. Was called pearl necklace, was an oyster stout. Tasted like semen in beer.
>>
>>7792251
>Tasted like semen in beer.
would you like to explain how exactly you know what semen tastes like?
>>
File: my coffee is augmented.jpg (127 KB, 827x545) Image search: [Google]
my coffee is augmented.jpg
127 KB, 827x545
>>7792287
I have eaten my own and others semen. I am a bisexual male.
>>
File: youre cool.jpg (16 KB, 335x470) Image search: [Google]
youre cool.jpg
16 KB, 335x470
>>7792250
haha this nigga gets ptsd from coffee
>>
>>7791761
sup qt
>>
I just wanted to jump in here and say that i'm so hungover currently that i almost gagged from simply reading the word beer just now as i passed by the thread
>>
>>7791367
Tiger, by APB. Well, no - their poorfag line, Anchor, sucks even more, and their beer for poor alkies, Baron's is a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>7792250
>caffeine induced panic attack, insomnia and ptsd
>>
>>7791790
I'll vote for this one as well. Tastes like fucking cough syrup.
>>
>>7791738
Get a load of this fucking queer bait faggot.
>>
>>7791367
Fat Weasel Ale from Trader Joe's
>>
File: Craft-Beer.jpg (98 KB, 760x510) Image search: [Google]
Craft-Beer.jpg
98 KB, 760x510
Anything that people openly refer to as "craft" beer

It's a red flag that the person is overcompensating for a lifetime of mediocrity. To the person who says "craft", beer is normally a watery rancid smelling cheap thing. In order to overcompensate, he seeks out unbalanced monstrosities created by childish fools who think dumping too much of every ingredient into a pot makes for a good result.

It's best to drink beers from parts of the world where they don't need to put qualifiers in front of the word "beer" to reassure everyone that it's not going to make them want to puke. Speaking as an American who was born on a military base in Germany and spent my entire life with a foot in both worlds, the old world rules when it comes to beer. The only people who will disagree with me have never spent any significant amount of time outside of their home region
>>
File: grans0211.jpg (39 KB, 450x500) Image search: [Google]
grans0211.jpg
39 KB, 450x500
>>
any chinese beer. particularly snow. I spent a year there and all the beer was so bad that I risked blindness by switching to potentially fake/fatal spirits.

budweiser runs chink beer pretty close.
>>
>>7792251

I just finished a 6 pack of pearl necklace and actually liked much more than I thought I wood.
>>
>>7793283
What about Tsingtao? Is that hard to find in China?
>>
>>7791522
Nice meme
>>
>>7791910
Not to mention the fact that it was $15. Why bother?
>>
>>7793671

>$15 for a rogue bomber

That's not normal, anon.
>>
>>7791738
Go get high and sucks your own dick then faggot
>>
>>7792078
It literally tastes like sparkling water.

I don't understand
>>
>>7791367
>What is the worst beer you've ever had?
House beer at a bar in Edmonton. It tasted like aluminium.
>>
pretty much all IPAs make me sick.

also I got loaded on Old Chub too many times and can't drink it anymore.
>>
>>7791395
I've had raging bitch too. Literally tasted like a hobos sock. Your dad had the right idea
>>
File: DG_can.jpg (42 KB, 180x472) Image search: [Google]
DG_can.jpg
42 KB, 180x472
You guys aren't trying hard enough
>tfw it's not even dutch
>>
File: IDShot_540x540.jpg (45 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
IDShot_540x540.jpg
45 KB, 540x540
>>7793988
Step up your game
>>
>>7791709
man those were shit, you're right.
>>
You're all faggots.
>>
Boulevard Pale Ale
>>
Just any of the trendy IPAs that taste like pure hop juice with random shitty flavors thrown in.

Some particularly bad ones were the Voodoo peanut butter flavored one (made me want to vomit) and a retarded bacon IPA that I tried.
>>
File: hartwall aura3-01.jpg (172 KB, 1016x1600) Image search: [Google]
hartwall aura3-01.jpg
172 KB, 1016x1600
This one's probably it. Really shitty lager.
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/hartwall-aura/35064/

This one comes close. Tasteless emptiness.
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/saku-originaal-2016-/404584/

This one pissed me off when I had it. But maybe it was because I had some really good ones before it. But still pretty shite:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/olvi-tumma-jouluolut-iii/26901/
>>
Carling.
Tried a tinny of it for the first time a couple of weeks ago, just tasted of cardboard, no bitterness, no hops, no malt, no yeast, no smell. how do people drink it?
>>
>>7792105

linenkruger or how ever you spell those german bastards. fuck them and their shitty "summer" beer.
>>
>>7793284
homo
>>
Bud light, I haven't gone out of my way to drink any really shitty beers though.
>>
File: fuck yeah its beer.jpg (51 KB, 416x555) Image search: [Google]
fuck yeah its beer.jpg
51 KB, 416x555
>>7793998
>>
>>7794110

It's a solid stout with a slight briny/ocean flavor.

Calling someone a homo for liking it just because someone else first posted about how they think it tastes like cum is honestly pretty gay.
>>
It's hard to remember the worst beer I've had, but Heineken is probably my least favourite macro (although I haven't had Budweiser, Coors, etc. in years).
>>
>>7791367
Blatz. Just awful.
>>
>>7792197
>>7792250
What do you guys think about Diacytyl in Czech pilsners? I have to say I actually enjoy it. I had Holba Premium and in this one it's really noticeable but I like it. It's a butterscotchy taste.
>>
Japan has this weird ultra low malt beer that avoids the malt tax and so is pretty cheap. It's really disgusting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happoshu
>>
File: le saison.jpg (95 KB, 589x861) Image search: [Google]
le saison.jpg
95 KB, 589x861
Only beer I've ever poured out. Shit tasted like banana bread, total trash.
>>
File: i-samuelsmith-orgchocstout.png (135 KB, 150x583) Image search: [Google]
i-samuelsmith-orgchocstout.png
135 KB, 150x583
might not be the worst buts definitely the worst in recent memory. Its like someone took a decent stout and added an equal amount of hershey's syrup, its sickeningly sweet.
>>
>>7791898
I used to like blue moon. Then a beer friend told me they use the same water as coors. Could not untaste
>>
>>7794231
but it's*
>>
every non-pumpkin beer ever
>>
>>7794198
2/10 made me reply. Fuck that's like my all time favorite. M-Maybe it was a bad bottle
>>
>>7794198
spotted the 14-year-old
>>
>>
File: banana-bread-bottle-and-glass.jpg (730 KB, 2244x3366) Image search: [Google]
banana-bread-bottle-and-glass.jpg
730 KB, 2244x3366
It has to be this one. Banana can be a good flavor, but in this beer it was terrible.

If not for this one it would probably be some hipster IPA made without any skill, where they probably have thrown in all hops they could get their hands on.
>>
VB that's Victoria bitter for all you nonaussies... The WORST in existence. It's hard to believe that a country of drunks can't even get their commercial shit to and acceptable standard
>>
star hill habanero ipa, absolutely fucking disgusting
>>
>>7791738
This is the best post.
>>
Heineken.
>Why?
Because it's shit.
>>
>>7794261
I had the lemon crueller one and it was awful.
>>
File: 1434995908095.jpg (175 KB, 800x1173) Image search: [Google]
1434995908095.jpg
175 KB, 800x1173
>>7791367
Coors Light.
Because I was 19 and I gad to take what I could get.

>>7791790
Got that because I like beer and my roommate likes alcopops and we sometimes try to meet halfway, but that was vile. (Best we've ever tried to fit that bill was Pyramid apricot ale.)

>>7794054
>>7794470
>even trying meme beers
Why?

>>7794450
>>7792250
I've had OK (not great) banana flavored beer before, but I don't recall what. I'm pretty sure Shock Top's banana beer was gross...
>>
>>7794470

Chile beers are the absolute worst to me. As for macros, Heineken and Newcastle.
>>
File: calapooia-chili-beer.jpg (565 KB, 574x857) Image search: [Google]
calapooia-chili-beer.jpg
565 KB, 574x857
>>7794577
>Chile beers are the absolute worst to me.

you haven't had the right one then. if you can find this, give it a shot
>>
>>7794577
I had a coconut chile porter last night that was delicious
>>
>>7794577
Dubs confirm.

>>7794583
>>7794617
Not having tried either of these, I can vouch for (er, against) Crime and Punishment. It's not beer with a hint of chili or tang/tart/heat in it. The two beers in question are basically a few thousand Scovilles' equivalent of capsaicin. It's liquid hot sauce with a hint of stout flavor.

They made an amusing splatter into the sink when I did a literal spit-take. An even more amusing look on my face, when, prepared for the heat, I tried an ounce or two of each and realized I'd spent $40 on hot sauce.

I basically left 'em both on the counter, went to the store, bought a few pounds of stewing beef, a bucket of pepper, and used the beers as the foundation for a very expensive - but admittedly tasty - chili.

It was the first and last time I've ever poured beer into a chili without having the slightest urge to save myself a glass.
>>
>>7791367
Colt 45
Anything malt is disgusting
I also had some Founders all day ipa recently that was awful but was told it was a bad batch. They just tasted like the can
>>
>>7791367
I like most IPAs, but holy fuck I cannot stomach Sculpin IPA from Ballast Point. Their seasonal Grapefruit Sculpin is even worse.

I think it's pretty highly rated on shit like beer advocate though, so i'm guessing most people don't agree
>>
>>7794977
Really? I thought that amongst the shitty wasteland which is west coast IPA, Sculpin was one of the best (though fuck its ridiculously high price)
>>
>>7795003

something about it just doesn't taste right to me. i'd rather drink something easier to come by like Stone IPA even if its not as fancy
>>
>>7791367
Samuel Smith Lager
it's fruity without being sweet or tasting like citrus.
>>
>>7791367
any bacon flavored beer

Shit is disgusting
>>
>>7791367
Anything by brewdog
Because its a cartoon beer company
>>
-Pilsner Urquell

-Cruzcampo

Both taste like soap to me
>>
Barking Squirrel
>>
>>7796552
>Pilsner Urquell
I had Pilsner Urquell fresh and unfiltered at the brewery once. It was one of the best beers I've ever had. Bottled Pilsner Urquell or even from the tap was never able to match it. It also seems like the taste quickly drops the further you're away from Czechia.
>>
File: D_Stella_Web_154.jpg (88 KB, 590x365) Image search: [Google]
D_Stella_Web_154.jpg
88 KB, 590x365
Stella might be the only 6-pack I've ever thrown away
>>
A candy corn IPA. Absolutely disgusting. Sweetest beer I've ever had too. I gotta say though that the brewery puts out some of the best beers I've ever had and is probably the most creative brewery in Georgia. They just get carried away sometimes.
>>
Earthquake malt liquor

Literally 4loko before they add flavor and sugar. Same brewery. It's god awful you get a migraine headache after drinking 24 oz
>>
Rebel IPA
>>
Rebel IPA

shit is cough syrup
>>
>>7791367
This is the most foul thing I've drank ever, but if it doesn't count, then the worst regular common beer I've had is Hurricane. It's High Gravity, which doesn't necessarily taste bad (Icehouse has good High Gravity) but Hurricane, Steel Reserve, and Olde English have the same fuckawful stomach churning smell and taste.
>>
>>7797331
>bacon maple

Say no more senpai
>>
Cruzcampo.

Its like drinking donkey piss
>>
Worst in recent memory is Regal light. $7.50 for a 30 pack. I love shitty frat beer and I could barely get it in me while wasted. Cardboard on the case felt as if it was made with paper bags. ABV percentage on can and case were different numbers.
>>
>>7791790
>any non-lambic beer with a fruit in its name
Came here to post this. Any non-lambic with fruit is sugary sweet like soda, it's disgusting.

It's like mead, people think it's made from honey so it has to be sweet. Can't find dry mead.
>>
>>7797331
The bottle alone is enough to make me cringe.
>>
Steel Reserve absolutelydisgusting.jpg

>>7791522
Only prissy little fag boys from the coasts pretend to not like cheap beer.
>>
File: wells-banana-bread-beer.jpg (35 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
wells-banana-bread-beer.jpg
35 KB, 800x600
>>7792250

I came here to post this trash
>>
>>7791367

prolly like warm natty at a frat party.
>>
this lacto-infected vinegay pisswater my alcoholic friend wayne was making using the same plastic fermenters for maybe 30 years.
>>
File: image.jpg (199 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199 KB, 1000x1000
I only drink alcohol mabey once a year and I tried this and it tasted like shit tier beer with that root beer popsical taste it was absolutely foul.
>>
>>7791367
anything that has "malt" or "ice" in the name.
>>
>>7798230
>Drinking shit affirms my fragile masculinity!

This is why nobody takes flyovers seriously.
>>
>>7798429
Shit tastes like medicine.

Old Milwaukee is the worst beer that I've ever tried to drink.
>>
File: watermelon.jpg (7 KB, 120x429) Image search: [Google]
watermelon.jpg
7 KB, 120x429
I've probably have had worse beers since it's been a couple years, but this stung since I went to the store and just grabbed a 6 pack.
>>
steel reserve
>>
>>7798675
You can not argue with $5 to drunk. Unless it's 4loko which intentionally sells bad batches and gets millions of people sick.
What the fuck is up with black cherry and shitting green/ being sick the entire next day?
What an irresponsible company.
>>
>>7798651
I was glad when I put one of those in a make-your-own six pack, I don't have to deal with it ever again

I really hate Pacifica
>>
>>7791367

probably modelo. mexican swill.
>>
>>7798675
second this its too sweet, I don't know if other malt liquors are as sweet but steel reserve is sickeningly so. That combined with the high alcohol content make it pretty nasty.
>>
>>7791395
Youre dad is a bitch
>>
I went through a "shitty beer of the week" phase last summer. I live in Wisconsin so there is plenty of it to sift through and in most cases I can dig it. I like a lot of "shitty" beers. The worst I came across though was Regal Ice. It was like 8 bucks for a 30 pack and it took me and a couple buds over a month to finally finish it off. Lesson learned.

As far as beer that's supposed to be at least serviceable, I fucking hate Rolling Rock. The shit tastes and smells like canned peas. Probably why the shits in green packaging.
>>
>>7798792
>>7797397 is me. Light was worse, trust me. I also have yet to find that shit farther than an hour away from Madison.
>>
Natty ice
>>
>>7798709
Total wine is the shit ain't it?

Only awful beers I've had from memory are Arrogant Bastard and Sierra Nevada's Goze. The Goze grew on me the second time I had it, and the Arrogant Bastard still tasted like pine sap even when I let it cool down enough. Protip: warm IPAs are beyond shit.
>>
>>7798816
My mistake, it was Ruination, not arrogant bastard
>>
File: Northern0811.jpg (371 KB, 1251x1226) Image search: [Google]
Northern0811.jpg
371 KB, 1251x1226
Northren. Cheap 18 pack beer available in the midwest. Tastes like they never brewed the malt and just decided to add grain alcohol and carbonation to it. Instant gut rot. Just terrible.
>>
>>7791367
Something with a blue label and an indian head on it (dont remember name). It tasted like wet dog smells.
>>
>>7796552
taste of pilsen depends on how clean pipes the pub has
>>
>>7791367

of the many hundreds of beers from all over the world that i have tasted in my 34 miserable years on this shitty earth the least enjoyable to drink was heineken.

>>7791709
rauchbier is no fad in germany. it's an ancient brewing tradition
>>
>>7794120
> Huber Brewing Products
>>
>>7798899
Welcome to America friend.

Sam Adams Oktoberfest is -6/10 beer. Always funny to see hipsters proclaim how good it is.
>>
>>7798429
>worst beer thread
>i only drink alcohol mabey once a year

fuck off lmao
>>
Old Style or Steel Reserve
>>
>>7791367

Worst beer ever: BAVIK
>>
Nörten-Hardenberger.
Tasted like a cheap rusty knockoff of Bergbräu, and I only drink that out of patriotism.
>>
>>7791367

frozen pbr, back before it was a hipster douchebag meme. it was awful then, it's awful now. even more awful frozen.
>>
Ive only had whiskey/brandy since I was a kid and the last beer i had was something from a keg at a family party and it was pretty awful. Should I even bother with beer?
>>
>>7801200

>back before it was a hipster douchebag meme

Are you in your 40's or something?
>>
>>7791367
Tennent's Pilsner

Even when I was a poor-ass student and the local pub sold it for £1 on Mondays, I wouldn't touch it

literally the only beer I've ever had that tasted worse the more of it you drank
>>
>>7791738
>look at me memeing
>memeing so hard xD kek

Rope, meet neck.
>>
>>7801200
I kind of find that PBR tastes better the colder it is, and by that I mean it tastes less the colder it gets.
>>
>>7791367
Had some beer that was supposedly based on some old-as-fuck recipe. People I knew raved about it. I tried it. It tasted like watered-down brandy. Literally like someone dumped a shot of Korbel in a pint glass and topped it off with water. All the raisin flavor and puzzling blandness you're imagining? Yeah, like that.
>>
>>7801343
That's why most macrobrews are heavily marketed to be served as cold as possible. It's god-awful corn water that tastes like absolute garbage unless it's sitting just above freezing point. That's why warm beer has such a bad reputation, and why most decent ales are perfectly good at warmer temperatures.
>>
Just about any Italian craftbeer.
I've had plenty and they all literally tasted like soap.
>>
>>7791367
Can't remember what it was exactly, some local microbrewery IPA that tasted like literal dishwater diluted with sugar. No joke the only beer I've ever poured down the drain.
>>
Probably Stella

I can't tell if the bottle was deliberately skunked to hell or that's just how it's made
>>
>>7801660
Bottled and canned Stella universally smells like weed and garlic to me. Draught is usually fine, but I swear they deliberately fuck up their packaged stock.
>>
>>7791367
Pyramid IPA, the taste remimds me of my abusive father.
>>
>>7791413
Fucking this. /thread right of the bat.
>>
I was a fan of Kokanee, but one time, me and my friend went to a bar, and I ordered Kokanee on tap, and I almost vomited because of how disgusting it was. It must have been sitting in the keg for five years, and they obviously don't clean their lines. Ever since then which was like 2004, I've always ordered bottles at that bar.
>>
how does /ck/ feel about magic hat no 9? am i a pleb for putting it high up on my favorite beer list?
>>
>>7791367
South Paw.

On the upside it was $4/12pk
>>
Ommegang Three Philosophers is the only beer I couldn't finish.
>>
Stone IPA.
There's a few that taste alright, but whatever is in the green label taste fucking gross.
>>
>>7792251
>>7791395

That's because Flying Dog is cat diarrhea. Heavy Seas is far better, from the same region, and gets no respect :(
>>
>>
>>7791395
>>7793979
>>7802191
Was it really all that bad? I recall having it once. Wasn't amazing, but it wasn't terrible enough to warrant that kind of response from me.
>>
>>7791905
>>7791898
Blue moon is absolute garbage rebranded coors. The orange slice is just an autism-tier marketing ploy.

You don't even have to buy hipster beer to buy good shit. Most of lagunita's stuff is good and they are mainstream as hell
>>
File: Deschutes-Doppel-Dinkel.jpg (557 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
Deschutes-Doppel-Dinkel.jpg
557 KB, 960x1440
>>7794261
Somehow reminded me of this. Tasted faintly like bananas and bubble gum. It was weird, but I didn't necessarily hate it.

Those seasonal Shock Tops though, those suck ass. That apple one especially.
>>
File: driftwood new growth.jpg (19 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
driftwood new growth.jpg
19 KB, 250x250
Like drinking Pine Sol
>>
>>7791367

sam adams cherry wheat
>>
i drank a sample of some craft beer at a fancy bar down the street. i almost gagged and told the bartender to just give a bud light draft because that was the only regular beer they had on tap. i think it was spelled strout or strough, im not sure but it was gross.
>>
File: f.jpg (44 KB, 350x374) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
44 KB, 350x374
How has Fosters not been mentioned yet? To me it is the worst. Worse than even the typical Budweiser garbage because at least that pretty much tastes like nothing. When I had Fosters it tasted almost exactly a dirty rag after you wash a lunch hall's tables.
>>
>>7805697

have you had the foster's ale? it comes in the green can, way worse than the regular
>>
>>7794261

rogue makes absolute trash
>>
>>7805697
>>7805712

I haven't had the green can ale. I feel I should clarify that I meant it tastes like said rag SMELLS, as I have not tasted a dirty rag before, but the smell and taste of things are sometimes alike.
>>
>>7805697
Foster's isn't that bad. Mediocre lager is still drinkable.
>>
>>7798633
>flyovers
N I C E M E M E
They're obviously not great but if you cry over how terrible ALL of them are then you're objectively a pussy.
>>
File: lGoodAssCan.png (157 KB, 250x432) Image search: [Google]
lGoodAssCan.png
157 KB, 250x432
Step aside.

Literally tastes of vomit, and if you drink enough to the point where it doesn't matter, you're just vomiting anyway.
>>
I don't know if it had gotten bad but this beer was unbearably sour.
>>
>>7791367
idk some seasonal Sam Adams shit that was fucking garbage
>>
Wells IPA desu
>>
>>7794577
Came ITT to post Punishment. Absolutely brutal.
>>
Heineken is the worst Macro. It always tastes skunked.
>>
Fat Tire Ranger. If I wanted to chew raw hops I would have.
>>
>>7809728

came here to post new belgiums citradelic tangerine IPA. tastes like when you would lick the adhesive on the inside of an envelope.

don't normally buy IPAs but it was in a fat tire / new belgium variety pack
>>
>Worst Macro Beer
Bud Light. I can't believe how popular this shit is because it repulsed me. I think it tastes like cheap tea then actual beer. I'll drink Miller and Coors Light just fine (albeit begrudgingly) but I'd have to be paid to drink Bud Light.

>Worst Micro Beer
Tie between all the chocolate beers that the snobs at BeerAdvocate adore. I'd rather eat M&Ms and drink Coors light then try one of those weird ass concoctions.
>>
>>7791969
I'll disagree with you there. I had a bottle of this on my buck's night and it was fucking amazing:

http://www.worldbeerawards.com/redoak-special-reserve.5438.html

Mind you, it's $75 for a 250ml bottle (that's about 8 and a half fl oz for our backwards American cousins). So it'd want to be good.

Worst beer I've ever tried was a particularly rank batch of homebrew I made using golden syrup as the fermentable sugar. It was an experiment that definitely failed, tasted like something had died in the bottle. Even after three years of ageing it still tasted like utter shit.

But overall I think the worst commercial beer in general that I've ever had would be Corona. Flavourless piss for people who just don't understand beer.
>>
File: image.png (645 KB, 722x525) Image search: [Google]
image.png
645 KB, 722x525
>>7794466
>VB
An unusual case. A lager brewed to taste like an ale. Flavoured with Pride of Ringwood hops, a variety bred by the Aussie government to suit the local palate (not joking). Maybe not a great beer, but robust, reliable and well bittered. Guess you must just be a woosy little fucking girl's blouse with no real drinking experience.
>>
EarthQuake

drops the mic, BOOM
>>
>>7791898
>>7791522
Blue moon and sierra nevada r gud.

Also worst I have ever had-
Pyramid Hefeweizen
>tastes like ham & cheese sandwich left in the sun
Flying Dog 'In Heat Wheat'
>tastes like cold carbonated hotdog water

Try em and prove me wrong.
I used a hard cider as a chaser for the Pyramid because I tried it at a bar and didn't want to waste it, but the taste of it alone made me want to vomit my innermost organs.
>>
File: SKU28164_primary_265143.png (81 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
SKU28164_primary_265143.png
81 KB, 400x400
has to be this
>>
>>7792114
I can attest to this. First time I tried Cass I thought the bartender had watered it down to save some cash. Threw up after drinking 32 oz. of it. Tried it again years later and it was just as bad.
>>
>>7791522
what so bad about Corona and Heineken? Pretty alright once you consider the fact that they're basically worldwide macrobreweries
>>
>>7798429
This is absolutely not beer. Personally I think it's pretty good but it's alcoholic soda, not a real beer.
>>
>>7791803
Try natty light it is worse
>>
>>7813974
Natty light is perfectly fine but skunks so fucking fast so a bad case is commonplace.
Natural ice has had a pretty damn good year, still the occasional gag but it's been pretty drinkable. Only had 40s this year but they're superior to the brand name.

Basically natty light is shit this year, natty ice is not
>>
File: htcansclosebig.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
htcansclosebig.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1500
Probably the wrong thread but never had pic related, what makes it so well liked? (As far as I can tell)
>>
>>7792348
Fuc you faggot get good bitch get giood
>>
>>7801660
>>7796789
The one time I had Stella from a bottle it was skunky as shit, anytime I've had it from a can it's been fantastic though. I assumed the bottle was from a bad batch or something but I guess that's just how it is, I dunno.
>>
File: wild shit.jpg (194 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
wild shit.jpg
194 KB, 600x600
Fucking this shit right here. Only beer I could do 1 sip of before it got discarded.
>>
>>7791367
Fat tire. It was so fucking bitter
>>
Many, many years ago, I had something by Sam Adams that tasted of soy sauce. It was awful.

Second worst was one a hip-and-with-it friend had me try about ten years ago. It was Something-something & Sriracha Stout made by a local place. I don't remember what the something was, but the beer was goddamn awful. Tasted of a vaguely pungent, sour, Asian market's spice aisle with hints of basement must and broken promises. Fucking horrid.
>>
>>7814909
Def a hyped beer, maybe BC it has literally no distribution,. seems popular amongst the druggie hippy phish fans from vt and new England.

It's one of the better double IPAs I've had.
Didn't live up to the reputation tho
>>
I had a friend who made a batch of homebrew and for some inconceivable reason thought that adding lemon extract to the fermenting mix would taste good

It tasted like fucking dishwasher detergent and the worst thing was we still drank them all because they were almost 8% ABV
>>
>/ck/ hates IPAs
I bet this board is full of girls who can't even drink their coffee black.
IPAs have the most flavor.
>>
Anyone here ever have Dogfish Head Higher a Math. 17% alcohol, it taste like rotten fruit and has the worst aftertaste of any beer I have ever tasted. Literally scowled every time I took a drink.
>>
Labatt bourbon barrel ale.

So disgusting. It tasted like the smell of some perfumed old lady. By far the most repulsive beer I have ever had.

I couldn't even finish one beer and threw the other 11 in the trash. Fuck you Labatt
>>
>>7816073
Yeah I don't get this meme. Who honestly would turn down a good IPA?
>>
>>7816073
>IPAs have the most flavor.
Maybe if you tried 15 beers in your whole life.
Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.