[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
salt and pepper, I think, is honestly man's greatest invention.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
salt and pepper, I think, is honestly man's greatest invention. Suttle, versatile and goes well on just about everything.

What is your salt and pepper?
>>
>>7789958
>Suttle
lol, seriously?

It is spelled subtle.
>>
>Basic seasoning
pepper, MSG, turmeric, salt

After that you just add whatever regional styles you're going for, although that usually includes garlic. But what I listed is the absolute basics for any cuisine being attempted using 21st century knowledge. You should also be careful about your salt intake.
>>
I put garlic in just about everything I cook.

I'm pretty sure I stink all the time but everyone I know is just too polite to say anything.
>>
>>7789958
salt and pepper are not inventions, they were discoveries
>>
Pink salt, black pepper, herbs de provence, garlic, smoked paprika and lemon juice after cooking.
>>
>>7790041
This isn't a philosophy board. Don't pretend to be an authority on the biggest questions.
>>
>>7790041
Their method of application to food was an invention. The objects themselves were a discovery.

Similarly, when people say fire was "invented", what they're actually referring to is the creation of fire-starting and fire pits, both of which were inventions to. Only the contextually illiterate would not recognize this.
>>
>>7790054
It's not even a big question, it's literally simple definition.

An invention is something created.

A discovery is something that already existed and was simply found.

Salt and Pepper already existed, they were discovered.

And it's spelled 'Subtle', you fucking chongo.
>>
>>7790081
Then be more precise if you're only talking about human invention.
>>
File: 1438470230233.jpg (19 KB, 242x320) Image search: [Google]
1438470230233.jpg
19 KB, 242x320
>>7789958
>Suttle
>>
Paprika, dried chilli flakes, onion powder or whatever herbs from my garden.
I rarely use salt unless a recipe calls for it.
>>
File: salt.jpg (12 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
salt.jpg
12 KB, 600x600
tough to argue with you OP, though I think fire is man's greatest invention, though fire is far from suttle
>>
>>7789958
>What is your salt and pepper?
my salt is pepper. my pepper however is also pepper.
>>
>>7789958
salt and pepper aren't inventions
salt goes with everything because sodium is something humans crave
pepper "goes well" because people usually don't put enough for others to taste it
>>
>>7789958

curry and more curry my friend
>>
>>7789994

let me tell you, you do

this old woman used to come in the store. it was like a siren going off in your sinuses. she bragged about how she ate garlic every day to keep healthy.

i know why... the germs couldn't stand the stink.
>>
>>7789958
Posts like these make me want to hop on a space shubtle and get the hell away from retards like you
>>
File: 9z0Nm7V.jpg (138 KB, 1000x603) Image search: [Google]
9z0Nm7V.jpg
138 KB, 1000x603
>>7790349

dad, what are you doing, you're embarrassing me on /ck/
>>
>>7789958
Cayenne. I put it on everything, it's so good.
>>
>>7789983
2suttle4u
>>
>man's greatest invention
God created Salt and Pepper. Man merely found it and put it to use
>>
>>7789958
Barbecue sauce
[spoiler]I wash myself with a rag on a stick[/spoiler]
>>
>>7791399
Go home Chef John
>>
>>7791746
Summer's here folks!
>>
>>7790097
Op said "man's greatest invention".
>>
Don't forget the garlic powder.
>>
Why do chicanos always make the most terrible of threads?
>>
Good bred guys. I understand the nessecity of salt,but have always wondered why it is pepper that is the ubiquitous other-spice that accompanies salt. Why are things savory seasoned with salt and pepper? I dont care for it much and have really stopped using it except for very specific applications.

>>7789987
why do you include tumeric in this? what does it add that makes you put it in your all purpose spice blend?
>>
>>7789958
>Suttle

It's Wa La all over again. /ck/ memes are a diamond dozen
>>
>>7789958
What does "suttle" mean? LOL, it's sort of like "subtle" but that word has different spelling so it's something else!
>>
>>7792869
It's a doggy dog world out there man
>>
>>7792933
Don't be such a pre-madonna
>>
>>7792939
I wouldn't even be surprised to see someone unironically make that mistake nowdays
>>
>>7789958
God invented it
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.