[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Had two teeth extracted this morning and I'm obviously not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1465589382139.jpg (14 KB, 342x316) Image search: [Google]
1465589382139.jpg
14 KB, 342x316
Had two teeth extracted this morning and I'm obviously not able to chew. What are some good, soft things to make/cook? I'm going insane.
>>
Soup
>>
'go 'za
>>
I made a big batch of congee before I had my wisdom teeth out. It was breddy gud. Also yogurt and popsicles.
>>
>le can't eat solid food for 12 hours, I gonna die!!!

you should drown yourself in 'go'za
>>
>>7788910
soup, ice cream, overcooked pasta when you've healed after two or three days.

are they on the same side? your wisdom teeth? that could affect recommendations. if you could just chew in the front or on one side you can have plenty of softer things. if theyre in the front youre not going to be eating corn on the cob...
>>
>>7789088
No, I can't eat solid food for like almost a week, you sperg. I'm not risking getting fucking dry socket.

>>7789101
They're the teeth behind my eye teeth on either side. I'm getting orthodontic treatment done next month. My only worry is getting food stuck in the holes, I suppose. They're in such an awkward spot it makes it hard to chew things properly.
>>
>>7789115
Pancakes with protein powder

Soups

Mashed potatoes/sweet potatoes etc
>>
>>7789115
eye teeth? you mean your canines? you had 5 & 12 removed? do you have stitches?
>>
>>7788910
gnocchi alla romana
>>
>>7789141
Yup, 5 and 12. No stitches, just waiting out clotting.
>>
>>7789180
wait out the clotting then. go with filling starchy shit that you can maneuver around your mouth like overcooked pasta with no sauce, soft/not crispy french fries, soup. youre probably going to be low on protein for a few days. I had 5 and 12 out when I was a kid, I remember eating a lot of what I just suggested (i'm american). after 2 or three days you can move on to mashed potatos, pancakes and other shit as the outer layers of your gums fill in or clot.

you pretty much want to eat things you can maneuver to the back of your mouth to be chewed with your molars without getting caught in the space left. youre not going to bleed out through that space. you know better than we do what you like to eat, just try to masticate with your rear teeth for a week or two, softer things for a couple days. your mouth heals fast.
>>
File: 1243996248503.jpg (10 KB, 264x282) Image search: [Google]
1243996248503.jpg
10 KB, 264x282
>>7789211
Thanks for the solid advice, anon. It's greatly appreciated.
>>
>>7788910
Soggy fries and hot tartar sauce; soupy oatmeal; maybe boil a ham and drink the ham water; overcooked rice and soy sauce.
>>
When my wife had her wisdom teeth removed I made her congee, mashed tatoes, angel hair pasta, bought baby food and lots of ice cream, yogurth and jello
>>
>>7789022
>>7789088
Haha ebin forced meme.
>>
a chicago style deep dish pizza, aka, the old classic: 'go 'za
>>
Ortho extractions are normally fine. Go with anything soft and no hotter than body temp. Ice cream if it's sore and gentle salt water rinsing after. Calm down, people panic so much about it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.