[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mod Pizza is opening near my house. What am I in for? Is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: MOD-Pizza-opening-soon.jpg (68 KB, 700x560) Image search: [Google]
MOD-Pizza-opening-soon.jpg
68 KB, 700x560
Mod Pizza is opening near my house.

What am I in for? Is it just a shitty California memezaria?
>>
File: cp.jpg (205 KB, 696x360) Image search: [Google]
cp.jpg
205 KB, 696x360
The cheese pizza looks pretty good.
>>
>mod pizza

So they work for free?
>>
Looks like their gimmick is unlimited toppings for no extra charge.
>>
>>7788620

how is their hotpocket pizza?
>>
File: fbi.png (23 KB, 122x134) Image search: [Google]
fbi.png
23 KB, 122x134
>>7788674
Enjoy prison, sicko.
>>
it's decent. I prefer it to garbage places like dominos and the like but it's "fast casual". I'm sure most local places that actually give a shit will beat it hands down

>>7788688
their gimmick is that it's prepared chipotle/subway style. You go from station to station and build your pizza as you go.
>>
>>7788713
really? that seems like sorta a bad business model for Pizzas.

like wouldn't it take much longer to prepare the whole thing cause you have to go from station to station. Then at the end they have to put it in an oven for like 10-15 minutes
which totally defeats the purpose.
>>
>>7788728
That does seem a little weird. I imagine most people still call and order ahead though.
>>
>>7788730
>>7788728
It takes maybe 2 or 3 minutes to build your pizza and then maybe 5 minutes in the oven. they're all thin crust and personal size. they don't do full size pizzas there. if you want something bigger they do a "mega" which is where they stack two crusts and cheese in between the crusts. that one isn't that good in my experience
>>
File: thesess.jpg (96 KB, 599x582) Image search: [Google]
thesess.jpg
96 KB, 599x582
Maybe go there once to try it out. One opened near my house and it took me 6mo to try it.

Very underwhelming and mediocre and expensive. It's five guys tier of shit

Would rather have a frozen pizza or even pizza hut/10
>>
the toppings are great for a pizza place - they're fresh and they have a lot of options, like sun-dried tomatoes which only bougie places carry ime

the sauce is meh, though, and the crust is terrible. that's the worst part. it's like a cracker crust. if it weren't for that they'd be okay in a pinch but still not great
>>
>>7788674
jesus christ this can't be real
>>
File: 20160606_121629.jpg (1004 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160606_121629.jpg
1004 KB, 2048x1152
Went a few weeks ago and took tbis. Wider variety of toppings than most chain pizza joints, and the smaller size and thin crust means less pizza suicide itis. I fucked up and got whole tomato instead of sundried, but if you want to go ape with toppings they're aight.
>>
>>7789361
Looks better than a go za
>>
>>7788620

it's a seattle based chain. one of the first ones is next to my office.

i don't like it, because they don't let the dough rise - the crust has zero flavor. the crust is totally flat, like a tortilla.

it's a meme pizzeria, and probably raised a bunch of money by saying they will be the chipotle of pizza and expanded like crazy. eventually they won't be a new thing, and people will stop going there, and they will start shutting stores in 4 or 5 years and eventually just go out of business.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.