[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of these hot dogs, /ck/? They may look a bit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 9JvZTY7.jpg (211 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
9JvZTY7.jpg
211 KB, 1000x750
What do you think of these hot dogs, /ck/?

They may look a bit unusual to you. They're New Jersey "Italian dogs".
>>
>>7786259
Fucking rubbish mate, but you already knew that before you posted this didnt you.
>>
>>7786261

No, I didn't. I only learned of these hot dogs recently and have been hankering to try them. I've never seen another regional take on the hot dog that used potatoes as a topping.

These particular ones are in a sub roll instead of pizza bread (apparently the usual bread for NJ Italian dogs).
>>
I see potato, I see red peppers, I see bacon. But where is the hot dog?
>>
>>7786263

You can see it underneath everything on the right one.
>>
>>7786262
Its a fucking sausage on a bun mate, it doesnt matter if you sprinkle it with fuckin truffle, saffron, caviar and a hint of kobe fuckin beef you piece of shit. Its a fuckin sausage on a fucking bun. What is wrong with you fat fuckin americans where you talk about fuckin hot dogs and burgers like its haute fucking cuisine?
>>
>>7786263

Those are onions, not bacon.
>>
0/10 needs more tomato sauce
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 592x554) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 592x554
>>7786299
>>
>>7786299
I like you
>>
>>7786299
Yet noodles with bacon somehow deserves our respect
>>
they looka likea gahbage
>>
>>7786303
for extra american, make the last didit 0. Most people don't know our founding year.

>>7786464
this is correct though. The idea that hot dogs can't be haute cuisine is preposterous. they're sausages. a main stay traditional food for the ages.
>>
>>7786299
You can reduce anything semantically like that. Doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>7786259
The version I know from Newark is less lush, just a hot dog with some fries jammed in the bun with it and marinara sauce on top. Not all that great. A chili dog is better if you're in the mood for something really trashy.
>>
File: 1456402414742.png (284 KB, 600x487) Image search: [Google]
1456402414742.png
284 KB, 600x487
>>7786259
you almost had me, until the potatoes

pickles, roasted peppers, and caramelized onions are all good things to put on your dogs

but potatoes? that's just full fucking retard
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.