[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mre's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: mres.png (2 MB, 1603x900) Image search: [Google]
mres.png
2 MB, 1603x900
Anyone else like mre's? been obsessed with this dudes channel.
>>
Forgot link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WrtJpgofAc
>>
My dad was in the army, he used to bring me home tons of them. I actually liked the non-meat ones (Like the pastas and such). Plus they came with Charms, so I'd eat that shit right up. We had the powdered drinks every now and again and it wasn't awful honestly. Eating them so much as a kid gives them a bit of nostalgic value to me. I miss them.
>>
They taste like shit. And full of poision
>>
Steve1989 is the best, he tastes the rancid rations and keeps eating to hilarious results
>>
>>7786014
Eat the fuckers for a month straight. Guarantee that you won't like them anymore.
>>
>>7786191
>>7786112
I don't like them in that way. I just find them interesting. I have had to eat them for extended period of times as well.
>>
>>7786014
That's a C-ration, not an MRE.
>>
>>7786014
I think obssessing with the army to the point where you eat subpar authentic army food is kind of a shitty hobby, other than that I'm glad they exist when they serve the purpose they were created for, feeding people in adverse situations, not some neckbeard who loves the army but not the danger
>>
>>7786399
>hobby
>gets paid for it

first day on the internet, newfriend?
>>
>>7786112
>full of poision

Yeah 'cos what a fighting army wants to do is poison its troops.

Unless you're French and you meant poisson. I bet the French have fish-based MRE's.
>>
>>7786399
he works for a museum that documents military rations, he personally collects and opens and tries to try what he can whilst preserving the containers and photographing the contents.
then donates the containers to the museum and gets paid for the work he does
>>
>>7786014
They're not really meant to be eaten by people in normal circumstances. They're designed for people that burn over 4000 calories a day, and only have time to shit once a week.
>>
>>7786431
No, he's right. MRE's are stuffed with enough preservatives that they will kill mice. I have seen it twice.
>>
>>7786431
not literal poison, but it is stuffed with chemicals to make it last longer. MRE's aren't meant to be eaten for an extended period of time.
>>
>>7786229
semantics I know this
>>
>>7786454
There is a museum for military rations? Who would have thunk it!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.