[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else enjoy the humble potato, by itself? Some like french
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: potato.jpg (18 KB, 814x739) Image search: [Google]
potato.jpg
18 KB, 814x739
Anyone else enjoy the humble potato, by itself? Some like french fries or potato chips. But I present to you this: a humble baked potato, without any toppings. I have found that it is better than french fries or potato chips.
>>
>>7784227
>poor
>>
File: potato.png (625 KB, 867x689) Image search: [Google]
potato.png
625 KB, 867x689
>>
Mom mum used to peel them and give them to use to eat when we were kids if that's what you mean
>>
>>7784227
>boiled potato
>in pocket
>eaten raw w/peel
>salt optional

there is no more nostalgic flavor
>>
>>7784227
How is winter treating you my Latvian friend?
>>
>>7784304

>boiled potato
>eaten raw

I'm guessing your nostalgic memories of childhood involve very little time spent at school.
>>
I steam potatoes in my pressure cooker. sliced lengthwise, it takes 15
minutes or so. They come out creamy and delicious.
>>
>>7784227
Microwave a medium-suzed yukon gold potatoe until soft. Wait til that shits cool enough to eat, the BEST thing to eat for breakfast (and coffee and banana). The longer you microwave it the more crunch quality of a french fry it has.
>>
You're not a true potato enthusiast until you've eaten one raw. One is permitted to sprinkle small amounts of salt as one chews through the starchy beast.
>>
>>7784227
I ate a baked sweet potato last night. Does that count? I also mashed a couple with a chipotle cream sauce, but i did eat one plain.
>>
>>7784350
Enjoy dying. Raw potatoes are literal poison
>>
>>7784432
Nope, raw potatoes are just as poisonous as cooked potatoes, which is to say not at all. The toxins in potatoes are heat-stable far above the boiling point of water and less than 5% leech out when cooking in water. Raw potatoes are not poisonous, most of the starch is just resistant to digestion and will get eaten up by bacteria in the colon instead of yourself (so they're highly prebiotic)
>>
>>7784310
it's summer in the northern hemisphere, you shitposting australian.
>>
>>7784454
>most of the starch is just resistant to digestion and will get eaten up by bacteria in the colon instead of yourself

So you fart for days?
>>
>>7784227
Dog I'd eat that shit raw
>>
>>7784227
I used to microwave a whole potato and just eat it with some salt. No butter or anything.

I did this like three times a day for months in high school
>>
>>7784454
Technically not true, but you're still right.

Potatoes are a member of the nightshade family, whose leaves are toxic of course. For potatoes, those toxins gather in the eyes; particularly big or deep eyes can carry enough to make a human sick. No idea how much it would take to kill someone, though.
>>
>>7784290
This, a slice of raw potatoe while she was prepping

Slav gourmet
>>
File: V__AB84.jpg (50 KB, 800x726) Image search: [Google]
V__AB84.jpg
50 KB, 800x726
Thats not a potato m8
>>
>>7784465
Is always winter in Latvia...
>>
>>7785218
you're the real Martian
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.