[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /ck/ like the midwestern staple food, made rights?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: really_made_rights_hr.jpg (824 KB, 2266x2902) Image search: [Google]
really_made_rights_hr.jpg
824 KB, 2266x2902
Does /ck/ like the midwestern staple food, made rights?
>>
looks flyover and i'm from a flyover state
>>
That picture is in the dictionary next to "Bland"
>>
>>7783420
>tfw live in central IL and all of the old maid-rites have closed down
I love me some loose meat. Literally the only decent thing to ever come out of Iowa.
>>
>>7783427
White people food.
>>
GO ZA
>>
The fuck is this stuff? I've been flyover my entire life and don't recognize it
>>
>>7783420
What the fuck am I looking at here? How are those noodles not absorbing any of the red pigment from the tomatoes? Were they treated with a chemical to specifically keep their white color?
>>
>>7783420

>overcooked pasta in tomato water
>boiled meat on a untoasted, probably cold roll
>>
>>7785098
well meme'd
>>
Chili mac is always best camping food
>>
>>7783420
Fuck yeah I could go for some goulash. Sloppy Joes never really tickled my fancy, though.
>>
Is that mustard and pickles on a sloppy joe? Pretty sure thats not a midwest thing.
>>
>>7785140
>>7785142
Those are loose-meat sandwiches, not Sloppy Joes (same idea but no sauce)
>>
>>7785209
Where the fuck do people eat 'loose meat sandwiches'? never heard of them in the midwest
>>
i'd post coastal dietary staples but i can't really post black or mexican cocks on this board
>>
File: 1449883994313.jpg (367 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1449883994313.jpg
367 KB, 640x640
>>7783420
I haven't had a sloppy joe since elementary school.

Too bad the ones in the picture are slacking in sloppiness
>>
>>7785211
Iowa and Not-Chicago, Ilinois.
>>
Damn that food looks good anyone got a good recipes?
>>
>>7783420
Fuck the sammiches, i'd eat the hell out of that soup though, what is it?
>>
>>7783420
needs more veggies.
>>
>>7783428
How do they season the meat though? It looks terribly bland and grey to me. I must be missing something somewhere.
>>
>>7783427
no, it's probably way oversalted.
>>
>>7785417
Chicago Deep Dish, a midwest specialty.
>>
>>7785124
they cooked them in water before adding them to the tomato/meat sauce. probably no special chemicals added beyond whatever they did to the wheat.
>>
>>7785235
that's because they aren't sloppy joes.
>>
>>7783420
nothing says "I've come to terms with living paycheck to paycheck" quite like chili mac.
>>
>>7783420
That really looks like the food of people who gave up a generation or two ago.
>>
Goulash is fucking beautiful.
>>
>>7783420
That America chop suey doesnt have enough pepper or onions in it.
>>
>>7783420
>made right
Homemade sloppy joe is amazing, done right.. All the commercial shit is too fucking sweet. White and black people's obsession with putting sweet shit in meat has been ruining meals since forever.
Dat chili mac is making me hungry af.
>>
File: Pork Goulash.jpg (51 KB, 614x408) Image search: [Google]
Pork Goulash.jpg
51 KB, 614x408
>>7785779
Agreed. Whether it be traditional or American, goulash is great. Especially in the winter.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.