[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lentils
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Would you agree they are the most based legumes?
Share how you have benefited from including them in your diet.
>>
They're alright, but other than the fact that you don't need to soak them they don't have much else going for them.
>>
>>7782080
A close second to chickpeas imhotbqff
red lentils are good for thickening up sauces, tomato based dishes, or if mince is too expensive you cut it half by weight with red lentils to make it go further.
Green lentils are good for curries.
Brown makes a good addition to a rice bowl.

I get them by the 2 kilo bag dried from the paki shop, cheap as shit but I've found a couple of pebbles in them over the years.
overall 7/10
>>
And Jacob sod pottage: and Esau came from the field, and he was faint:

And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom.

And Jacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright.

And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?

And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob.

Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentiles; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau despised his birthright.

What would you do for lentils, /ck/?
>>
>>7782080

Each of those beans has a different cooking time you must separate them
>>
>>7782080
I am anaphylactic allergic to lentils and cant even touch them without having a reaction. I have benefitted by not being exposed to eating your shitty beans at any point in my life.
>>
>>7782265

>stop liking things that will kill me because my mom was a pregnant alcoholic
>>
>>7782293
>the more you know.
>>
>>7782265
Do you know Aesop's fables?
There is delightfully /ck/ story about a fox and some "sour" grapes.
>>
>>7782342
did the fox eat the grapes and die from kidney failure? canines can't eat grapes, it can make them very sick.
>>
>>7782352
Good heavens, no!
They were out the poor pupper's reach.

I bet he would have had no problem with a little bit of lentil soup.
>>
>>7782080
>thought this was going to be a Reese's Pieces thread
>>
>>7782396
I'm anaphylactic to peanuts as well, so that fits here.
>>
>>7782399
just say weak. its faster and more accurate. hope you aren't allergic to bantz or you'll need an epi pen
>>
Agree OP, lentils taste awesome (much butter than most beans), very aromatic, and the best thing is that they cook in an OK time, unlike beans. But I also with the poster stating that they're second to chickpeas
>>
I thought Halloween was in October.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.