[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth the effort?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: plymouth-rock-chicken.jpg (123 KB, 940x540) Image search: [Google]
plymouth-rock-chicken.jpg
123 KB, 940x540
Is it worth the effort?
>>
>>7781891
Context?
Having chickens is pretty cool. They're goofy and do hilarious shit. They eat yard pests and fresh eggs are great.
>>
>>7781891
Once you get the correct water-based lube, then work at it a little, it pays off.
>>
>>7781894
>>7781892
eggs
>>
hello
>>
>>7781891
look into guinea foul. theyre pretty cool too, and they eat ticks. I have no idea if chickens eat ticks.

both birds are pretty cool
>>
One of my chickens went missing for 2 days and then I thought it was dead and killed by some wild animal. It came walking back home 2 days later limping and barely walking. All I could think was chickens are amazing animals.
>>
>>7781891
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u8VDbFUjHmI
>>
File: Uhuh.png (570 KB, 730x720) Image search: [Google]
Uhuh.png
570 KB, 730x720
>>7781894
>>
do you like cleaning shit. you've got plenty of shit awaiting
>>
>>7781892
>They eat yard pests and fresh eggs are great.
This. If you are thinking about getting chickens I would suggest that you work on building a good sized garden of various vegetables first then get chickens. Chickens work wonders as pest control and fresh eggs are a definite bonus. Also don't get a rooster, my friend who has chickens said that it would occasionally harm the hens when it would try to mount them and the cost to treat them was more than if he had gotten a new batch of chicks. Simply put if you want more chickens just buy chicks or fertilized eggs and get or build an incubator because roosters are not worth the trouble.
>>
>>7782316
so you just let them shit all over the vegetables?
>>
File: U1LgOTY.jpg (22 KB, 410x435) Image search: [Google]
U1LgOTY.jpg
22 KB, 410x435
>>7782316
>it would occasionally harm the hens when it would try to mount them
>>
>>7782321
You always clean your vegetables before eating them, but typically chickens have their own enclosure that you let the roam in and when you are around you let them out for a bit before corralling them back in their pen. Note I don't have my own chickens (but I would like to get some one day) I just hang around a friend who has 8 of them.

>>7782335
Roosters are kind of boarish. They have personality but like most birds if they want to fuck something they're going to fuck it.
>>
>>7782274
Did you have to kill it?
>>
>>7782316
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.