[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do people master pan frying chicken breast? i see a lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Header-Chicken-Breasts-CHOW.jpg (375 KB, 620x414) Image search: [Google]
Header-Chicken-Breasts-CHOW.jpg
375 KB, 620x414
how do people master pan frying chicken breast?

i see a lot of recipes and youtube videos not butterflying the thick ass breasts or anything, just throwing it on the pan and then it's cooked all the way through the center and presumably moist. how do they do it? is it black magic?
>>
File: 1413488159811.jpg (19 KB, 342x359) Image search: [Google]
1413488159811.jpg
19 KB, 342x359
brining helps
>>
Turn it over when moisture starts to form on the top side and just finish searing.

If your boobs are really big you can always finish them in the oven.
>>
>>7781441
Yeah you're right but I gaurantee when they cut it open the texture is shit. probably can't cut it without the outer part tearing and shredding, then the middle is just baaarely cooked through. I always either pound mine or depending on how big it is, like you said, butterfly them. I cook them similar to the way I cook burgers. brown one side, flip it over, turn the heat down, then cook the rest at a pretty low temp. they usually come out perfect every time.
>>
>>7781518
>usually
>everytime

Well, which is it?
>>
I fry mine in my cast iron skillet then finish in oven at 400°F
>>
>>7781522
well played, faggot
>>
thanks
>>
>>7781441
impossible at high temperature
most restaurants pan fry then stick it in the oven, so should you
>>
>>7782942
>>7782942

this. get the skin crispy then into the oven.
>>
Sear deglaze lower fire and cover.

it's not that hard
>>
Someone post the jack j00cy chicken webm
>>
>>7783041
Requests belong in
>>>/wsr/
Delete your post or I will be forced to report you.
Thanks.
>>
I usually will pound out the breast a little bit, try to get it an even thickness throughout and then cook it like a steak.
>>
>>7783048
look at this ding dong
>>
>>7781441
>how do they do it?

Controlling the heat bro. You start at a fairly high heat to get a good sear. Then you lower the heat to cook through.

Keeping the chicken juicy is simply a matter of not overcooking it.
>>
File: IMG_20160307_163054319_HDR.jpg (3 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160307_163054319_HDR.jpg
3 MB, 4320x2432
I butterfly the breast, a bit of salt and pepper, a bit of olive oil in the pan, and I keep an eye on it. It just takes practice. Also, keep using the same pan. Even with the same heat and similar pans, cooking time can vary.
>>
>>7784461

easy
>>
>>7782942
Exactly this, stop setting impossible goals for yourself. Brown the shit out of the skin then flip it over and out onto a hot oven for like 7-10 minutes. Double check it with an instant read thermometer to train yourself to know what "done" looks and feels like. Easy.
>>
>>7782942
not impossible.

>>7784461
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.