[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts on sapporo ichiban? At 99 cents a pop I think it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 800x600
thoughts on sapporo ichiban? At 99 cents a pop I think it's the best noodles you can get for the price.
>>
>>7781300
i think that there are too many instant noodle threads and that they all are gross and make you feel like shit after eating them
>>
>>7781300
I've never seen that brand before. I'm in Michigan for what it's worth, all I've ever seen stocked is Top Ramen and Maruchan
>>
Taste the same as maruchan and is twenty cents more. Get it if you're a stubborn weeb
>>
>>7781317
maybe try some place besides walmart, m8
>>
>>7781300
Mr Noodles is 22 Canadian cents each (which is like16 US cents)
>>
File: download.jpg (18 KB, 249x203) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
18 KB, 249x203
Indomie >
>>
>>7781323
Fuck you, I mean I've never seen them at Meijer, Walmart, Spartan stores or Kroger, all the most readily available supermarkets in Michigan.
>>
>>7781311
I find them to be the perfect drunk snack. Especially with beer.
>>
>>7781332
does michigan not have asian markets?
>>
Sapporo is okay. The quality of the noodles is some of the best out there, but other brands have more tasty seasonings.

>>7781317

I live in flyover land and we've had Sapporo and plenty of other decent quality brands on the shelves for at least a decade. Michigan must really suck.
>>
>>7781339
Why the fuck would I specifically go to an Asian market for fucking ramen? What's wrong with Maruchan?
>>
>>7781344
it's garbage
>>
>>7781332

They have them at Smith's Food & Drug grocery store in the Asian specialty aisle. Smith's is under Kroger.
>>
>>7781329

I finally got around to trying a pack of those after seeing it posted in every ramen thread, and it was incredibly disappointing (aside from the fact that it's not even ramen). It's just a small portion of kind of spicy/oily noodles on a fucking plate.
>>
>>7781300
One time I bought several 5-packs of sapporo ichiban and they mistakenly charged me only $1 for each bundle.
So I ended up getting like 35 noodle packs for 7 cents each.

I'm starting to get sick of instant noodles, but sapporo tastes much better than nissin or maruchan mass market crap.
>>
>>7781344

So your regular grocery store has a fully stocked Asian section that somehow doesn't carry a single brand of imported instant ramen?
>>
>>7781345
Fuck you, Maruchan Picante Chicken is delicious.
>>7781356
You think just because a grocery store carries ramen that it has a fully stocked foreign foods section? My Meijer has probably the best foreign food section in the area and it doesn't carry any imported ramen so far as I remember.
>>
File: koka-noodles[1].jpg (131 KB, 501x300) Image search: [Google]
koka-noodles[1].jpg
131 KB, 501x300
best
>>
>>7781362

Even Target carries Sapporo.
>>
>>7781377
And I don't live anywhere near a Target, there are hardly any fucking Targets, I don't know what your point is.
>>
>>7781383

>I don't know what your point is

I guess it's that you apparently live somewhere even less cultured than what's typically considered flyover land, and should probably feel bad.
>>
>>7781391
Why don't you fuck off? Seriously? I don't feel bad about not eating fucking weeb ramen or ramen in general, and I don't feel bad about living in a cheap, quiet part of the country, nigger.
>>
>>
>>7781394
To each his own, anon. You do you.
>>
>>7781321
>my tastebuds are fucked
If it saves you money, then your disability is actually a positive.
>>
>>7781317

Try going to one of the more SWPLy towns like Ann Arbor or Tecumseh, anon. You'll find more variety in everything at the grocery store in such places. I couldn't find Sapporo in Jackson when I lived there, but then, it's Jackson.
>>
>>7781329
If you eat a lot of these or nothing but these, your shit will be bright green.
>>
File: ramyun.jpg (35 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
ramyun.jpg
35 KB, 300x300
Shin is GOAT
>>
Sapporo Iciban is th ebest kind. There are no substitutes.

Based shrimp flavour.
>>
>>7781300
arent there enough chinese food threads for you to shitpost in? I know theyre 1/7 the world's population, but they don't need to dominate 1/7 the threads here.
>>
>>7781783
Totally love Sapporo Ichiban too. That said, Indo Mei is a good mix up to the norm at times.
>>
>>7781344
Man, you are missing out, there are so many flavors and funny satchet packets out there. You open up some foreign looking one, what are you getting? 3 packets? 4? who knows!
but Mama brand Garlic Duck is good
>>
>>7781329
I hate how in love I am with these things
>>
>>7781321
where does maruchan costs 79 cents a piece? Where i live it costs 20-25.
>>
>>7781326
Top Ramen (Nissin) is the same price.

That ramen better be pretty damn good to cost a dollar a bowl.
>>
>>7781300

saw an average chicken ramen yesterday... had 800+ mg of sodium per serving... average two servings per package
>>
File: nongshim_kimchi_noodle_soup.jpg (144 KB, 546x434) Image search: [Google]
nongshim_kimchi_noodle_soup.jpg
144 KB, 546x434
>>7781329
Have you tried the spicy one? It's pretty good.

>>7781779
Just had a package of this. Tastes pretty alright. The kimchi flavor was a bit weaker than I thought it would be, but strong enough. Spice builds on this a little bit, but nothing compared to the Indomie spicy noodles.
>>
>>7782048

kimchi version is weak, stick to the shin black or regular hot and spicy versions.
>>
>>7782082
I'll do that. Thanks, anon. To be honest, I don't eat this stuff that often so I don't know what's good or bad.

Now that I think about it, I think I saw a giant stack of the black version at an asian super market the other month.
>>
It's the only good brand left in Canada.

I miss noodle time. Sure they make those bowls and cups, but for some reason, noodles in styrofoam bowls and cups taste nothing like the ones in the packages. I drive by their building sometimes and it's huge. What the hell are they doing in there?
>>
>>7781367
Too true, the cup noodles they do just have such an amazing texture aswell
>>
>>7781317
Maruchan is usually seperate from the asian foods
>>
Don't feel like making a new thread and this is kind of related
How do u guys cook shrimp before you put it ramen??
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.