[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know this is autistic/Jewish.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: vs.jpg (49 KB, 397x273) Image search: [Google]
vs.jpg
49 KB, 397x273
Buffalo Wild Wings has 60 cent wings on Tuesday, 75 cent drumsticks on Wednesday. Has anyone weighed the meat on each? Is there at least 25% more meat on the drumsticks?
>>
File: Chicken-Cuts[1].jpg (118 KB, 600x420) Image search: [Google]
Chicken-Cuts[1].jpg
118 KB, 600x420
Drumstick =/= drumette

Your picture is misleading, as those are two halves of one wing, but sold as individual pieces when you order fried wings.

The drumstick is the leg part that's connected to the thigh, and contains more meat than both parts of the wing combined.

See pic related. The "whole wing" counts as two wings, an is smaller than the drumstick.
>>
(((OP)))
>>
File: 1440987708003.jpg (47 KB, 884x777) Image search: [Google]
1440987708003.jpg
47 KB, 884x777
>>7781320
Jesus dude. I think we all know what OP means. You just...you've lost the plot, kid.
>>
>>7781605

I'm still not sure what he means.

He said they are selling wings for less than drumsticks, and drumsticks are much larger than wings, so it obviously makes sense.
>>
File: 1453649534806.jpg (35 KB, 600x422) Image search: [Google]
1453649534806.jpg
35 KB, 600x422
>>7781623
Are you tryin to troll me, pal?
>>
>>7781288
I assume we're weighing wings to assess value, right?

If so you'd need to subtract the bone weight to get the edible wing mass (ewm).

Furthermore, depending on individual presence, one may prefer the skin and sauce to the actual meat, so it would probably be worthwhile to measure the edible wing surface area (ewsa) of the wing.

Then you could assign weighted values, based on personal preference, to the ewm and ewsa and sum the values find the best wing.

IMO "whole" wings are shit because a combined wingette and drumette has a shit ewsa compared to the seperated pieces, plus the wingtip is have to be excluded from both ewm and ewsa
>>
>>7781288
Where? Not around here.
>>
How are 60 cent wings even a good deal? My downtown brewpub does 25 cent wings on Tuesdays.

The drumsticks sound like a deal, but how do they cook them? I've never seen drumsticks at a wing place.
>>
>>7781641
Why would he use facts to troll you?
>>
>>7781688
At Buffalo Wild Wings, they have a bucket in the cooler where the raw wings/"drumettes" drip into another bucket to drain the chicken slime. When more are needed for an order they take a big yellow scooper, shove them into the bucket and transfer them out of the cooler and into a basket, with the chicken goop dropping on the floor along the way.

If your """cooks""" are lazy (usually are) they will just dump the chicken straight into the grease.

Source: worked at Buffalo Wild Wings for 4 weeks before getting frustrated with the shitty female management team.
>>
>>7781716
Is that bad?
>>
>>7781288
Maybe people like the dumlettes more because they're easier/funner to eat?
>>
>>7781721
It sounds worse than it actually is, he's just butthurt and they're all things that you would normally eat in the chicken if you bought it at the store. The only difference is that by draining the chicken, you get a little drier meat.
>>
>>7781716

Man, the place I used to work we'd rinse the raw wings, marinate them overnight, bake them off, then portion them into third pans. That way the fry cook could easily grab as many as necessary, throw them in, and they'd be heated through and crispy in less than a minute.

It's more steps, but saved loads of time and effort during busy service.

Granted, we did much more than wings, so it would only be about 50 pounds of wings every day or two.
>>
>>7781691
What he said is true, but I assumed he was trolling because you would have to be monumentally retarded to read OP's post, look at the picture and not figure out that he meant drumette instead of drumstick. BWW doesn't even serve drumsticks or whole wings. And then to start explaining the difference instead of just attempting to answer OP's question...it's autism in its purest form. He missed the whole point because he couldn't get past OP's mistake
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.