[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Casu marzu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Casu_Marzu_cheese.jpg (3 MB, 2848x2136) Image search: [Google]
Casu_Marzu_cheese.jpg
3 MB, 2848x2136
Cheese fermented with worms. Advanced level of fermentation with _soft white liquid seeping out.

>lavae 8 mm long
>translucent
>gotta luv the aftertaste
>lagrima
>>
I could not possibly stomach this

I don't think I can even be in the same room as this
>>
>>7781158
worm feces... yum!
>>
Nice 'go 'za crust, can't wait to see the cheesy, saucy finished product!
>>
>Casu marzu is considered by Sardinian aficionados to be unsafe to eat when the maggots in the cheese have died. Because of this, only cheese in which the maggots are still alive is usually eaten, although allowances are made for cheese that has been refrigerated, which can kill the maggots. When the cheese has fermented enough, it is often cut into thin strips and spread on moistened Sardinian flatbread (pane carasau), to be served with a strong red wine. Casu marzu is believed to be an aphrodisiac by Sardinians. Because the larvae in the cheese can launch themselves for distances up to 15 centimetres (6 in) when disturbed, diners hold their hands above the sandwich to prevent the maggots from leaping. Some who eat the cheese prefer not to ingest the maggots. Those who do not wish to do so place the cheese in a sealed paper bag. The maggots, starved for oxygen, writhe and jump in the bag, creating a "pitter-patter" sound. When the sounds subside, the maggots are dead and the cheese can be eaten.
>>
File: klingonface.jpg (83 KB, 575x681) Image search: [Google]
klingonface.jpg
83 KB, 575x681
>>7781158
See, the issue I'd have is that eating this CAN make you sick. If the maggots don't die via your digestive process they can burrow into your intestines and cause violent illness. To counter this I hear the cheese is paired with acidic red wine to kill the larvae.

Yeah, nah... If I want Gagh I'll pick some up on Qo'Nos.
>>
I'd try it using the method stated in >>7781292

I have no squabbles eating insects or fermented food, I don't even mind natto so long as I don't smell it.
>>
>>7781812
Or you could chew for more than 50 milliseconds.
>>
>4chan: Summer Edition
>>
>>7781812
A common way of eating the cheese is putting a portion in a plastic bag, then sealing it. The larvae will make a "patter" sound as they fling themselves around trying to escape asphyxiation. When the "patter" stops, the cheese is safe to eat.
>>
>>7781292
>Because the larvae in the cheese can launch themselves for distances up to 15 centimetres (6 in) when disturbed
Jesus Christ
>>
Might as well just have a big fat retarded black girl take a sloppy wet shit on the cheese before you eat it OP
>>
>>7781158
I hate sardegna, but that's because my girlfriend's ex was one :'(
>>
File: Milbenkäse02[1].jpg (1 MB, 3008x1688) Image search: [Google]
Milbenkäse02[1].jpg
1 MB, 3008x1688
>German Milbenkäse ("mite cheese")
Quark flavoured with salt and caraway is shaped into small balls, cylinders or wheels, and dried. Then it is placed in a wooden box containing rye flour and inhabited by Tyrophagus casei mites for at least three months. The digestive juices of the mites diffuse into the cheese and cause fermentation; the flour is added because the mites would otherwise simply eat the whole cheese instead of just nibbling away at the crust as is desired. After one month, the cheese rind turns yellow; after three months, reddish-brown. Some producers allow the cheese to ripen for up to one year, until it has turned black.
>>
File: polite puke.gif (354 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
polite puke.gif
354 KB, 240x200
>>7781158
>>
>>7782966
>Some producers

There is only one, no one buys this except a few idiots and pranksters.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.