[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to be going back to school in the fall and money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 500x443) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 500x443
I'm going to be going back to school in the fall and money will be tightish, you have any good ideas on things to make or how to improve pic related?
>>
>>7780978
All u need to add the noodles into boiling water and season packet. Makes a huge difference
>>
>>7780978
>how to improve pic related?

Sure. Add in some actual fresh ingredients like veggies and/or meat.
>>
>classic image.jpg
>>
We need to have a sticky that answers this question. Rice, beans, bouillon cubes OP
>>
>>7781014

There is no basic answer to that question, certainly not yours.

Even giving an awesome recipe will just result in it getting boring after a week. People need to learn to cook if they want to eat decent food and can't afford to go out.

Face it, there'll never be a sticky, nor should there be.
>>
>>7781005
This. And ditch the seasoning packet. In fact, ditch the whole thing. Soup: better than boullion beef, chix, veg, soy sauce, fish sauce (for more of a Thai flavor, add garlic, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, chiles and/or Sriracha). Noodles of choice. Wheat noodles approximate the nip shit. Go to the local Mexican market and buy the thinly sliced beef and chicken. Buy some frozen seafood. Buy some spinach, mushrooms, green onions (slice), julienned broccoli /cabbage/carrot mix if you got it your neck of the woods (wallyworld). Throw in your freezer. Portion out meat in bags. Grap a handfull of each of the veggies, add to soup, with meat, crack an egg: Instant meal. Will feed you for ~$15 USD
>>
>>7780978
how to step it up? drop that bagged ramen shit and spend a little more, like maybe 65 cents each, for the big bowls of ramen in the asian market, they usually come with a chili oil packet, a soy packet, a flavoring packet, and a packet of dried veg
>>
>>7781065
You'll drop some coin up front, but you'll save in the long run.
>>
>>7780978

eggs are cheap, add over-easy and like broccoli or something cheap
>>
Sautee some frozen veggies and chopped up chicken breast before then boil the noodles with these. Drain the water then add the flavor packet and two eggs and mix it around. Shit is dank.
>>
If you're really tight on money you can look up "how to eat for 3 dollars a day" challenges and see what they make for the week. It takes a bit of creativity, but it can be done.
Basics include:
beans, rice, oats, lentils in moderate bulk (since in a dorm go for 7 pounds each or so)
Second cut, or sale meat (chicken thighs cheapest, along with necks, tongue, etc) don't eat meat for every meal, save it and savor it.
Root vegetables or cheap shit that lasts forever (cabbage, potato, carrot, onion, apple, sweet potato).
Frozen veg for the rest.
Bananas for a treat.
Utilize coupons: make your grocery list, and then look through the coupons and only pick ones that apply to ingredients already on your list.
If you're looking for something to drink for when you don't want water, skip milk or juice and go for tea. Buy loose leaf tea online: it's cheap, lasts a long time and tasty. If you live around MA go for Crepes Tea House and take advantage of their free local shipping (applies to NY and NJ as well). If not, try upton tea imports.

Over all, make soups, filling and quick meals, avoid fast and frozen pre-prepared food, and if anyone you know has a digital pressure cooker or slow cooker they don't need ask to borrow it while you're in college.
>>
>>7781290
this

veggies on sale
meat on sale OR learn to love organ meats, chicken heart is my go to

also find a few sauces you like to put on stuff
franks red hot, soy sauce, etc
>>
I have 6 chickens so I have too many eggs. So I buy instant noodles and drop an egg in it. Also tastes good with sriracha.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.