[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you ever been in a mental hospital? If so, how was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: duck.jpg (194 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
duck.jpg
194 KB, 800x533
Have any of you ever been in a mental hospital? If so, how was the food?
>>
yes, was just hospital food
>>
I've been in three different mental hospitals. In the best one the food was mid grade hospital chow, the worst one was jail-tier.

I stopped acting erraticly years ago but now i have cancer. The hospital i go to for treatment has unbelievably good and the people who prapre and deliver it super nice. I make sure to be super nice and funny with them so i can get extra treats.
>>
It wasn't too bad. It's just like something you would get in a cheap cafeteria, similar to school lunches. They would tell us what the meal would be that day and you always had the option of ordering a burger or chefs salad instead. The food was delivered there, they didn't make any of it on site.

The water was fucking horrible though. There was only one drinking fountain. It was warm and tasted like iron.
>>
>>7780593
depends on what you mean by mental hospital.
If you mean a place that takes care of people who can still be released into public then its usually around school food quality.
But if you mean a place where you just dump SEVERELY mental people who need 24 hour surveillance or can hardly speak then its going to be absolute garbage.
My mom has worked in places like that for as long as i remember so i've had that food often, a lot of the time its better not to eat.
>>
refused to eat it
>>
I would definitely check myself in if the mental hospital had Chinese BBQ.
>>
It's like unseasoned school cafeteria food
>>
>>7780593
it was fucking terrible, barely edible. seeing staff eat takeout for themselves was the worst.

i've only been on crisis stabilization units which are short term, you stay for 3-5 days. one was at in mental health center (4x there), one was in a medical hospital. the latter had slightly better food and my parents were allowed to bring food from home which was great.
>>
never been in a crazy hospital. been in a heart hospital and it was horrible, being all heart healthy and shit. no fat, no salt... i tried an oatmeal cookie for desert and got pretty much pic related
>>
Really good! The rest of the stay was super shitty, very understaffed and the people working there were as miserable as we were. But god damn, I think they made the best breaded shrimp I've ever had. Also very good steamed vegetables, really nice attention to cooking time.
>>
I stayed at a mental hospital for 3 weeks. Food wasn't too bad i thought, but some other people complained a lot (granted a lot of them were borderline/manic etc.).

You got a choice of a main dish that changed every day, a salad with chicken, or a deli sandwich. The food was pretty bland overall but definitely edible.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.