[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
chicken thighs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
wat do? they are shit-tier tyson with 15% 'chicken broth' injected in as filler
>>
ALL NATURAL
>>
>>7568290
What do you have on hand?

Any barbecue sauce or marinades?

>acquire cast-iron or heavy ceramic pot
>heat oil in pot med-high
>sear thighs on all sides
>on last turn, throw in minced onion and garlic
>saute around chicken until everything is browning
>pour in marinade or sauce or stock or something liquid with flavor. Use your imagination
>into 350F oven for like 20 minutes, maybe more, maybe less

Pull that out and serve over the rice/pasta/potato/whatever easy starch you cooked.
>>
>>7568290

I grind them up into meat balls, italian or greek or harissa or spicy tex mex flavors, shit is pretty cash.
>>
>>7568330
i have some left over cheesy potatoes, kinda a poorfag's excuse for scalloped potatoes.

i do have some bbq sauce, that might be a good idea
>>
>>7568351
It works really well with thighs or legs.

I normally do bone-in, but boneless will be fine.

Make sure you have something that is oven-safe; wouldn't want melted plastic everywhere.

Use a generous amount of oil.

After you pull the chicken out, pour the oil/drippings/sauce that's all mixed in the bottom of the pot over your chicken and potatoes.

Scrape the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon after searing. There's flavor bits you're going to want in the drippings.
>>
>>7568290
I would use them in gumbo
>>
Make some teriyaki chicken with them the other night and used the bones for a stock.
>>
>>7568363
>boneless
I wouldn't.

You get tons of flavor in your gumbo by breaking down a whole chicken and using it to pre-prepare a stock-like base.
>>
>eating Tyson products
>ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNY4Fjsdft4
>>
>>7568379
>Animal 'cruelty'

Who cares.
>>
i do orange chicken or chicken teriyaki with it. just google some recipes, they're both pretty easy. throw it on top of rice and you're good to go
>>
>>7568290
Its a "filler" maybe, but brining chicken makes it taste better and the meat retains meaty juices after cooking, and it was done for your lazy ass. So stop being so butthurt.
Flatten those fuckers by pounding, season them good, roll in flour, egg wash, and panko crumbs. Then make fried chicken schnitzel, with delicious dark meat. Fried chicken is great, keep it simple, cook it correctly, and eat it however you like it.
>>
Chicken burgers, add a splash of milk to flour to make little breadcrumbs

also use brine/marinade, something acidic, makes them tastier if fried
>>
>>7568290
>all natural
>15% 'chicken broth' injected in as filler
>>
File: 1458623865179.jpg (357 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458623865179.jpg
357 KB, 1920x1080
>>7568379
>giving a shit about cruelty to animals
>ever
>>
>>7568400
from what i understand this is not a brine. it is an injection of salt water with binders to keep the solution in the meat.

it frequently tastes 'waterlogged' to me. it is very watery, but isn't the same as being 'moist'. like if you took an overcooked piece of meat and doused it in water, it wouldn't magically make it moist again.
>>
>>7568437
it's not even the cruelty, the way their kept is fucking disgusting. not to mention the sores they get on their body
>>
>>7568380
>>7568437

How cute and edgy of you. Yet you types instantly turn around and bitch about vegans, ironically unaware that you're half the problem.
>>
>>7568484
LOL
>>
>>7568483
>implying the sores don't make the meat juicer and serve as a marinade.
>>
holy fuck there is a lot of fat on these.

i "browned" them on high in a 10" cast iron skillet with some veg oil, most of the browned parts just stuck to the goddamn pan tho. i poured in a bit of apple cider vinegar, took it off the heat and threw it in the oven, still in the skilled, at 350. let's see how they turn out.
>>
>>7568290
>>7568290
Combine:
1 part soy sauce
1 part sugar
1 part mirin
1 part sake
ground ginger (to taste)
ground garlic (to taste)

Boil until the consistency of maple syrup. Cool and marinate the thighs for at least 24 hours.

Grill over high direct heat on a charcoal grill. Stupid delicious.
>>
throw em in a fuckin pan with carrots, onions and potato. maybe some radishes?

bake the fuck out of it with some sort of juice added in.

bang, bitches will love your cooking.
>>
>>7568538
i should have put minced ginger and garlic to be clear, not ground
>>
>>7568438
I get what youre saying, but Ive not noticed that. I think average consumers overcook chicken so frequently, they prefer the saltwater injected meat.
To me, it takes the brining step out, and my day just got easier. Boneless, pre-brined
Sounds fine to me. OP is a fag
>>
>>7568332

This would actually work pretty well since tyson fucked up and injected them with chicken stock like idiots.

If you don't have a meat grinder you're going to need a good binding agent to hold the mince together.
>>
Throw em in a slow cooker with Frank's red hot sauce and a packet of that ranch seasoning for about 4 hours. Should range somewhere between the edible to good, your mileage may vary depending on if you can get drunk or high before hand.
>>
>>7568510
If a lot of fat renders out when I cook something, in amounts inappropriate for the dish, I save it in a jar I keep in the fridge. Ghetto-schmalz, basically.
>>
>>7568737

i use a food processor and it sticks together fine. makes its own meat glue.

I add breadcrumbs or cooked rice to stretch it and change the texture.

you do have to trim the fat and add a certain amount back in, for a family pack like that I'll trim probably a cup + of solid fat and add back 1/4-1/3 of a cup.
>>
>>7568290

Shish Kebab, chicken tortilla, etc ... anything where it's chunked so the texture of it matters less.
>>
not op related but I've been searing my meat properly recently and I'm wondering how much oil/fat is required and how much of it goes directly into the meat, making for some extremely caloric meals.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.