[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats your go to dish when youre outta ideas for dinner? For
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 2294385.jpg (73 KB, 645x430) Image search: [Google]
2294385.jpg
73 KB, 645x430
Whats your go to dish when youre outta ideas for dinner?

For me its tacos. So easy to just brown meat, cut veggies and roll on a soft burrito.

pic not related
>>
Usually a quiche. Now that it is summer, I will grill something (chicken, fish, sausage) and have it with a salad and a steamed/baked/grilled vegetable or some carb (couscous, quinoa, potato).

I was eating a lot of bag salads over the last few months, especially the chipotle one in the pic and this kale Caesar one. I'm pretty sick of them now so I just make a salad with spinach, a leaf mix, homemade vinaigrette, and things like pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, chopped apple, croutons, whatever.
>>
Spaghetti al arrabiata if I have no meat at home
Bolognese if I have
>>
File: crabs.jpg (78 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
crabs.jpg
78 KB, 576x576
Crabs
>>
>>7779838

Jacket potatoes and whatever I can find to top them.
>>
Pasta + whatever sauce
>>
Find whatever protein in the freezer and whatever vegetables in the fridge. Season them and throw them in the oven. Cook a starch.
>>
>>7779838
Fried rice
>>
>>7779838
steak (usually ribeye) or a burger, and broiled asparagus or lightly steamed broccoli.
>>
I wouldn't call it a dish
I just cook chicken thighs

prep them by deboning them and salting the night before, then they go on a cast iron at medium-low for about 10 minutes a side

honestly I think searing is overblown for some things. A very hot cast iron will give you scorch marks here and there, and that isn't always desirable - in this case, the sear -> oven method will char the skin without really crisping it up.. Medium heat will give me a nice, even browning with a skin with most of the fat rendered out, leaving it nice and crispy.
>>
>>7780091
Christ will you just fuck off already you pompous fuck
>>
>>7781183

Literally wut?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.