[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is having a private chef invasive? I feel like I wouldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: .jpg (780 KB, 1571x2222) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
780 KB, 1571x2222
is having a private chef invasive? I feel like I wouldn't be able to relax in my own home because he would be there. it just seems like an awkward experience
>>
it's only awkward if you've got something to hide

you got anything to hide OP?
>>
it's invasive as fuck if you are a private person. the only person I know with a private chef has them prepare the food in their guest house, mainly because she hates the smell of cooking. if I were to hire a private chef that is what I would do, but I'm too poor
>>
>wealthy enough to hire a private chef
>still nothing better to do than 4chan
>>
>>7779631
Well... I don't think so
Understanding and meeting their boss' expectations is part of their job so if you don't want them to be itrusive they won't be.
Of course some people don't like the idea of a "stranger" in their home and that's fine. I think it's a matter of education, character and culture.

I'm 100% with you on that OP, my house is like my safe haven and I wouldn't be able to relax either. But I think real pros would minimise their presence and be respectul of their boss's privacy, nothing like careless technicians or real estate agents
>>
>>7779631
People who have their own private chefs usually have huge ass houses, too, with separate kitchens and servants quarters. Ask on cheftalk.com, there are several people who are private chefs or who have worked as one at one time in their lives.
>>
>>7779631

>paying someone that much to cook chicken tendies for you

if she walks in on me jerking off she better fucking crawl over and finish the job like a good slave
>>
>>7779631
if you're rich enough to have a private chef then you're probably used to not having much true privacy. And if its a big problem then you can just have them come cook a few times a week and leave you a bunch of shit to heat up on your own.
>>
>>7780186
Eh I mean yes and no. There are a lot of billionaires that never really step into the public eye. Not everyone has to be elon musk.
>>
>>7779631
He'd start poisoning my food within a week of knowing me.
>>
>>7780186

a lot of really rich people live very low key lives. one of the richest guys from the city i grew up in is like 85+ years old and rents hundreds of apartments in the city.

He eats breakfast every morning at a shitty little diner by himself and dresses in normal poorfag clothes.
>>
File: sting.jpg (23 KB, 455x327) Image search: [Google]
sting.jpg
23 KB, 455x327
>>7779631

I’d be more worried about the private chef suing me.

Sting and Trudie are rocked as chef wins sacking case
by GORDON RAYNER
Last updated at 11:53 13 May 2007

Even though they have many millions in the bank, this is one setback that is sure to sting.

For the celebrity couple formally known as Mr and Mrs Sumner face having to pay record damages to their former chef for unfair dismissal after a tribunal found them guilty of "shameful conduct".

The husband and wife in question - better known as Sting and Trudie Styler - broke employment law by sacking Jane Martin, 41, after she became pregnant, the panel has ruled.

In a devastating judgment obtained by the Daily Mail - due to made public today - Miss Styler is accused of using "subterfuge" to get rid of Miss Martin, and of using "minions" to do her "dirty work".

The employment tribunal had been told that staff at the couple's country estate lived in a climate of fear because Miss Styler subjected them to abuse to make her "feel royal".

In a unanimous verdict, the tribunal members have found that Miss Martin was unfairly dismissed on the grounds of her pregnancy and had been the victim of unlawful sexual discrimination.

There is no limit on the amount of compensation which tribunals can order in sexual discrimination cases, meaning Sting and his wife could find themselves paying out a record amount for a case involving a domestic servant.

Miss Styler described the decision as "a travesty" and announced an immediate appeal.

In March a hearing in Southampton was told that during eight years as the couple's £28,000-a-year chef, Miss Martin, 41, had cooked for guests such as Madonna, Sir Elton John and Bob Geldof.
>>
>>7780246

Miss Martin would be told to have truffles couriered over from France, and would sometimes have to travel from the couple's 800-acre Lake House estate near Salisbury to their London home just to prepare food for Miss Styler or her children.

But Miss Martin fell out of favour when she became pregnant in 2005.

She had told the tribunal that she had been made to work 14-hour days while heavily pregnant. On one occasion, when she was seven months pregnant, she had to take a train and taxi from Lake House to London, costing £148 in travel and £300 overtime, just to prepare soup and salad for Miss Styler.

She frequently had to make the same journey just to cook a bowl of pasta for the couple's youngest child, even though the London household contained two nannies, two housekeepers and a butler.

Miss Styler, it was claimed, lost her temper when Miss Martin fell ill with a stomach complaint months into her pregnancy and had to take time off work. She allegedly raged: "Who the **** does she think she is? She's my chef in the UK. She needs to be available if I need her, or she should rethink her position."

Miss Martin was told that a redundancy process had been instigated, and she and another chef were each given points on a "scoring" system based on criteria including attendance, ability and length of service, in which she came out second. She was made redundant in April last year.

But the tribunal, describing the points system as a "sham", said it had been designed to ensure that Miss Martin came second. Lake House Estate, the company owned by Sting and his wife through which Miss Martin was employed, was guilty of "shameful conduct", the tribunal said.
>>
>>7780251

The ruling, in which Sting and his wife are referred to as Sumner (his real surname), stated that Miss Martin's departure "was so badly mishandled and conducted in such an incompetent manner that the true purpose shines through the subterfuge and calumnious actions seeking to suppress the true facts.

"Although Mrs Sumner tried to distance herself from the various unlawful acts and have them carried out by minions on her behalf, when the evidence is looked at holistically, her involvement is clear.

"She is without doubt the driving force manipulating others to perform her 'dirty work'. The position is aggravated by her lack of courage either to face the claimant direct and inform her she was no longer required or attend the tribunal to give evidence and have her machinations exposed to the light of day through cross-examination."

The size of Miss Martin's compensation payout will be decided at a hearing on June 8.
Miss Styler said last night: "I am devastated by this decision and I will appeal. For Jane Martin to suggest that I, as a mother, discriminated against her because she was pregnant is risible to anyone who knows me.

"I wholly reject the tribunal's findings on this issue. Sting and I have been lucky over many years to have worked with loyal and long serving colleagues and staff.

"Their collective loyalty and long service suggests that the picture of our household which Jane painted, and which the tribunal appears to have accepted, is a travesty."

A spokesman for Miss Styler's solicitors Kerman & Co said: "We are astonished at the decision which flies in the face of the significant concessions which Jane Martin was forced to give under cross examination.

"Some of the tribunal's findings appear to be perverse and there will be an appeal.

"What is also disturbing is the unfair, unprecedented and unwarranted attack which the tribunal has chosen to make against Sting and Trudie Styler, which is inexplicable."
>>
>>7780251
>She frequently had to make the same journey just to cook a bowl of pasta for the couple's youngest child, even though the London household contained two nannies, two housekeepers and a butler.
>Miss Styler, it was claimed, lost her temper when Miss Martin fell ill with a stomach complaint months into her pregnancy and had to take time off work. She allegedly raged: "Who the **** does she think she is? She's my chef in the UK. She needs to be available if I need her, or she should rethink her position."

i agree. she's the cook, not the housekeeper or butler. it's her job, not their's. she got pregnant while holding a job, that wasn't the employer's fault either. be pregnant or hold a job, that was her choice.
>>
>>7779631
Buy him a little cuckshed to live in outside of the house.
>>
>>7780305

she should have kept her mouth shut and rubbed feces in their pasta for years and stolen shit from their huge house that they wouldnt even notice was missing
>>
>>7780305
She should've quit desu.
>>
>>7779644
>hates the smell of cooking
What the fuck?
>>
File: Sting Dune.jpg (54 KB, 673x1000) Image search: [Google]
Sting Dune.jpg
54 KB, 673x1000
>>7780305
>she got pregnant while holding a job, that wasn't the employer's fault either.

That's what I don't get; was Sting supposed to pay her for _nothing_?

If she's pregnant and raising a baby, how the hell can she be his chef?
>>
I was a private chef for a family. If yall wanna do an ama
They were rich as fuck and it blew me away at first.
They had Live in butlers and maids.
I was not allowed to see any of the house besides the kitchen and use the help bathroom.
But all my job entailed was to cook breakfast for the family before they all went to work/school and come back at 6 to prepare dinner at 730.

I remember that one of the other duties I had was to leave the mom a bunch of small homemade snacks . Like homemade granola bars simple pb and j sandwiches and other treats she could give her kids as shit she made herself.
>>
bum
>>
>>7780566
>Like homemade granola bars simple pb and j sandwiches and other treats she could give her kids as shit she made herself.

That is real fucking pathetic and sad. Holy fuck. That is some low tier parenting.
>>
>>7779637
his sexuality.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.