[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your perfect tuna fish sandwich? I always just have a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
What is your perfect tuna fish sandwich? I always just have a very basic tuna, mayo, and relish mix with seasonings on toasted bread and I'm looking to possibly try something new
>>
>>7779537
>tuna fish
as opposed to?
>>
>>7779537
tuna, mayonnaise, red onion. good white bread with plenty of butter.
>>
Tuna, light mayo, a bit of whole grain mustard, red onion, green onion, boiled eggs, salt and pepper to taste. On whole wheat bread.
>>
>>7779539
piano
>>
>>7779597
>>7779597
ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING
>>
>>7779592
>>7779559
All great ideas. I love plain green relish with canned tuna
>>
>>7779537
A friend of mine turned me on to a spicy tuna recipe you can make with Gochujang, Kewpie mayonnaise, hot sauce, and sesame oil. I usually add some celery or daikon radish to stretch is a little bit, and toast the bread pieces and make a tuna melt.
>>
>>7779595
I think if you look into your heart, you'll find that it's, in fact, a go za style tuna sandwich
>>
>>7779632

not enough 'na on it to be a proper 'go sandwich.
>>
>>7779632
>>7779632
Your meme is no longer in vogue my friend
>>
>>7779592
Add pickles, and you've got my recipe.

Toast the bread, of course.
>>
>>7779559
Butter?
>>
Tuna with diced green and red bell peppers, red or spring onion, all mixed with good mayo. Then topped with thinly sliced tomato, fresh lettuce and a sharp, mature cheddar all on a french loaf. Not toasted.
>>
>tuna
>duke's mayo
>little celery salt
>little sriracha

Serve on toasted bread with fresh cucumber slices.
>>
I don't want to go too off-topic, but incase I don't have tuna, what do you recommend as a good "salad" substitute?

Right now my go-to is some garlic seared chicken breasts, torn into pieces and mixed with some mayo and seasonings, and it makes a nice chicken salad. Any other tuna substitutes that would be good?

How about other fish? Would, oh say, Salmon be a good substitute? Or are the fish too different in taste?
>>
>tuna fish

For some reason, this triggers the shit out of me. Why the fuck do people say "tuna fish"? Is it to distinguish it from tuna bird? Tuna reptile?
>>
>>7780732
Yea chicken is good too. Honestly just try buying some other canned fish, its usually a bit more expensive but it's still canned.

Canned salmon prepared like tuna works. It has a much stronger fish taste though
>>
Tuna, mayo, eggs, salt, pepper and very thinly diced red onion. On untoasted extra dark thick cut multi grain bread. Its my lunch daily along with egg salad.

No pickles, get that shit out of here.
>>
>>7780762
To make sure people aren't talking about eating a sandwich while tuning their TV or musically instrument silly.
>>
>>7779655
This really is the truth.
>>
>>7780762
Keep this to yourself so you don't worry anyone.
>>
>>7779537
>I'm looking to possibly try something new

Ok, heres a Bahemian recipy for tuna.
- tuna from a can, preferably in brine
- mayo
- onion
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper aka goat pepper (or red chilli)
- lime juice
Mix all together and serve with grits aka polenta.

If your having 2 cans, then one of evertything else... except the mayo... you can add that to taste.
>>
>>7779537
My basic Tuna is just the fish, mayo (usually best foods), red onion, diced pickles, celery, and salt and pepper to taste served on toasted rye
>>
>>7780850
I should probably clarify.

Your not mixing in the polenta, everything else, but the polenta. You cook the polenta with some hot water on the hob. Then serve it on the side. Preferably with a little butter melting on top.
>>
>>7780850
Also, the tuna salad you made should be served cold, which is juxdaposed against the hot polenta. You might want to leave it in the fridge to cool, but its also good to eat straight away.
>>
tuna, miracle whip, mustard, red onion, celery, toasted wheat bread.
>>
>>7779537

An italian sub place by my office makes a good one...they put it on fresh french bread, they have the tuna canned with olive oil. Mix it with a little mayo, red onion, and giardiniera. Lettuce tomato marinated artichokes and red wine vinegar top it
>>
Not a single person has suggested tuna-mayo-sweetcorn? Dam sun.
>>
>>7780914
>sweetcorn

I'm willing to bet you like warm tuna casserole, one of the foulest things I've seen come out of the states.
>>
>Tuna
>Onion
>Celery
>Salt
>Pepper
>As little mayo as possible to keep it together
>Cold toast
>>
>>7779537
Canned tuna mixed with mayo, grated carrot, and grated onion.
Salt and pepper, put on flatbread, eat with pickles.
>>
Mayo
Dijon Mustard
Pickle
Apple if I have it on hand
Sharp Cheddar Cheese/Reggiano
Salt and Pepper
Cayenne
>>
File: tuna-sweetcorn.jpg (30 KB, 620x250) Image search: [Google]
tuna-sweetcorn.jpg
30 KB, 620x250
>>7780930
Why don't you try it before you flap your gums, son?

I mean shit there are actual flyovers mixing in miracle whip and boiled eggs, and you think sweetcorn is bad?
>>
>>7780977
You know what, i'm broke until next friday I think i will anon! I won't back down on what i said about tuna casserole that shit is foul
>>
try dunk in donuts tuna melt it's the bomb.

last time I made the shit at home was just tuna mayo red onions and provolone cheese on top and on white or whole but bread and out in a pannini press
>>
File: images (1).jpg (5 KB, 189x183) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
5 KB, 189x183
>>7779537
>tuna fish sandwich
Do you call it a chicken bird salad sandwich?
>>
File: 102639821__445814c.jpg (28 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
102639821__445814c.jpg
28 KB, 620x413
>>7781089
>Calling a Pecky Squeaky nice and Beaky a chicken salad sandwich
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.