[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
looking for some good advice or alternatives to cooking fries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Fries3-1024x7681-1020x765.jpg (510 KB, 1020x765) Image search: [Google]
Fries3-1024x7681-1020x765.jpg
510 KB, 1020x765
looking for some good advice or alternatives to cooking fries

deep fat fryer broke, and I really want to eat my steak but I like a potato filler with it

not really sure if I want to waste so much oil filling up a pot to try fry it that way, anyone got any tips?

maybe something closer to a chip in shape but with the chewiness of a fry and frying it in a small amount of oil in a pan?

anyone got any good suggestions, any would be appreciated and bonus for videos, I'm a pretty bad cook and the tutorials help.
>>
You can bake them. Just google baked french fries.

Cut them the same way, coat them in oil, lay them on a tin foil covered baking sheet, and throw them in the oven.
>>
It's kinda interesting. I've been studying how to make good fries in the oven for a long time and I've hit so many dead ends and uncovered so many interesting new questions.

Obviously Russet potatoes contain a lot of moisture. Crowd them or let them sit on their own in the oven too long and they'll just steam, resulting in a gross soggy product. If you don't soak or at least rinse some of the starch out, they brown too quickly.

The main factor I've discovered in making at least somewhat crispy oven fries is to cook them at two different temperatures. I think what this does is it allows to the fries to let off steam while you wait for the oven to heat back up. I still can't get it right every time.

Godspeed OP
>>
>>7778774
You don't waste oil because you're supposed to re-use it.
>>
I don't like making fries at home, it's always a fucking hassle and they taste worse than some cheap restaurant's anyways
>>
>>7778774
spray fries with oil, toss with herbs.
spread onto cookie sheet, do not crowd.
bake 20 minutes at 325 degrees, remove, let cool, increase heat to 475, bake for another 10-15
>>
>>7778774
Either deep-fry them in a saucepan, or buy oven chips.
>>
>>7778774
1. Sprinkle them with oil
2. Place Aluminiumfoil over them
3. put them in microwave
Here, perfect fries.
>>
File: fries.jpg (92 KB, 799x618) Image search: [Google]
fries.jpg
92 KB, 799x618
Buy the frozen ones.
>>
just eat a baked potato or some kind of oven roasted potato. fries that aren't actually fried will never taste good.
>>
>>7779630
>>You don't waste oil because you're supposed to re-use it.

This. 100%
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.