[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Kombucha?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: 2015-04-06-Kombucha-2.jpg (53 KB, 540x756) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-06-Kombucha-2.jpg
53 KB, 540x756
Thoughts on Kombucha?
>>
>>7776055
It sounds gross, never had it though. I'm curious as well.
>>
>>7776055
It is delicious and supporters tout lots of health benefits. I drink it occasionally simply because it is delicious and gets a buzz rolling.
>>
>>7776055
i like a good 'buch. fruity and bubbly like a soda but with loads of probiotics. they're $3 a bottle though so i only get them occasionally. brewing your own sounds fun though
>>
>>7776055
kefir and other probiotic shit is superior
>>
>>7776055
Always seemed like just another hipster food to me. I've had it once, but it was fruit flavored and from a can.
>>
>>7776055
Kombucha, as a concept, SOUNDS fucking disgusting. It's actually really really good, though. Good for you, as well.
>>
>>7776055
>>7776101
Made my own kombucha a few times, it was a lot of fun and i plan on getting back into it.
Keffir is also really easy, starting ur day with a frozen fruit and greens protein keffir smoothie is awesome.
>>
Good stuff, my mummy makes it sometimes.
>>
>>7776072
That's just a meme like calling it a super food. It's good but not a health drink
>>
>>7776055
Tastes pretty good.

Similar to a strong, black tea with some form of fruit in it, followed by a strong sour bite afterward. It's not magic or anything, but it's tasty.

It's supposed to be "good" for you, but I don't really buy that shit. I just think it tastes good.
>>
>>7776055
hipster soda.
>>
Tastes great. It's a little expensive and I didn't get into making my own so I don't have it as often but I still like it.
>>
>>7776055

Its supposed to be great for your gut. I tried making some left it too longer and its vingery. Thinking of turning that into my scoby hotel and making more.

Any advice?
>>
>>7776055
Do you eat the thing floating on top of the tea?
>>
>>7776833
That thing is a SCOBY, a bacterial colony.
You don't eat it, but you can keep it and make more kombucha with it.
>>
>>7776055
It goes well with a good 'go 'za.
>>
>>7776833

Strain it out and use it plus some of the old liquid on the new tea.
>>
>>7776055
As for soda alternatives, fruit kefir is quicker and easier to make.
>>
I bought some refrigerated stuff from my local hippie store and it tasted like vinegary iced tea with some fruit added

I didn't particularly dislike it, I've just heard stories of people trying to make it themselves and getting blood infections and shit so I'm not really into it
>>
Tastes awful
>>
>>7776055
Tastes bnretty good
>>
>>7776055
If you drink 2 g.t. daves original and eat a quarter pounder meal you will legit shit your brains out
>>
Brew your own, add basil seeds and ginger.
>>
>>7776055
i love it but i only drink it for the taste, its probably good for your gut bacteria though.
>>
>>7776055
Its literally just weak alcohol
>>
>>7776055
too expensive to drink someone else's, too much of a pussy to risk making my own without fucking it up and going to the hospital
>>
>>7779007
>without fucking it up and going to the hospital
impossible
>>
>>7779007
>>7779046

This. The fungi and bacteria in the SCOBY and the acidity keep harmful microbes from growing.
>>
The mushroom people sitting around all day?
>>
>>7776109
litteraly nothing backing up it is good for you

as far as health goes
Drink if you like the taste
But there is no evidence it does jack shit
>>
>>7776055
Basically this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKsUJlQEcOQ
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.