[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is skim milk actually healthier, or is it just a way to market
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3456x2304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3456x2304
Is skim milk actually healthier, or is it just a way to market a byproduct of the cheese making process?
>>
It's got less fat and tends to have more sugar. Whether that's healthier depends on your own personal brand of paranoia.
>>
>classic image.jpg
>>
All milk is unhealthy unless it is soy, nut, hemp, etc.
>>
>>7776036
'Unhealthy' means 'i buy into food propaganda'
>>
>>7776026
I have a lactose intolerant milk question

I'm lactose intolerant but I still consume milk weekly
recently I've been drinking pic related when it was on sale, specifically the whole milk version, because I enjoy the taste of it more than average bargain milk and I don't completely shit my ass out as much compared to the grocer's brand of milk
It says it has higher levels of protein and calcium
Does that have anything to do with my lessened propensity for liquidy shits?

Also, the milk tastes good on it's own, but terrible in cereal (especially fruity pebbles) IMO
>>
>>7776067
-This post has been presented and paid by the Dairy Association of America
>>
>>7776079
If the calcium and protein is displacing lactose content, then probably. Read the nutrition details on the back and compare them to other brands of milk.
>>
>>7776033
nice le dank meme checked!! kekek
>>
There are positives and negatives to both:

Varieties of milk with lower fat will of course have fewer calories. The protein and carbohydrate differences are negligible, but the vitamins are going to change depending on what brand of milk you buy, as some have added vitamins and some do not. The downside of lower fat milks is the very fact that they do not have as much fat: it is noticeably less filling, meaning that it is more likely that you are going to eat more later.
>>
>>7776036

Get the fuck out of here, hippy
>>
Skim milk literally used to be seen as unfit for human consumption and was fed to hogs in a slop trough.
>>
>>7776079
fairlife doesn't have lactose
>>
>>7776509
yeah but so were lobsters
the problem was that they weren't preparing it right
>>
>>7776036
nut and hemp milk are basically flavored water. they barely have any nutritional value. cow milk at least has protein.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.