[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The fuck is up with Philippino snacks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: wafu.jpg (260 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
wafu.jpg
260 KB, 480x640
Are Philippino snacks the worst asian snacks? I've had the opportunity to try lots of Philippino snack food since moving to a new area with an asian super market nearby, and I have no clue what this country is thinking.

It's like they took good ideas from a whole bunch of countries, and mix-n'-matched them purposely to make bad ideas.

>Put cereal in a bag
>Call it a new snack food

>Sweet wafer roll cookie
>Fill it with cheese flavored icing

>Aero-like chocolate
>Shitt "cheese" flavor

>Saltine crackers with a thin layer of chocolate filling in the middle

It's like they have all the ingredients to make good tasting snacks and then just don't.
>>
What do you expect? They are one of the lowest Asian races. The Mexicans of Canada.
>>
Filipino here. Yes.
>>
>>7775061
Even pablo knows how to make a proper soda and a candy bar.
>>
>>7775065
Since there's a market near me:

What's the best thing I should/could try? The worst?

And another question what is THE WORST Philippine snack food you are aware of.
>>
Shrimp chips are pretty good.
>>
All their best stuff is in the bakery. Ensaimada, babingka, empenada, etc.

Not to mention they do fantastic garlic nuts and chicharone.

Flips' best food comes from the house or the streets, they have less emphasis on their packaged snacks.
>>
>>7775092

I really like povolrone but a lot of people don't like the texture. I really like dried green mango and halo halo, ube in particular.
>>
File: jb_us_menu.jpg (1 MB, 800x2514) Image search: [Google]
jb_us_menu.jpg
1 MB, 800x2514
>>7775053
>It's like they took good ideas from a whole bunch of countries, and mix-n'-matched them purposely to make bad ideas.

You've just described Filipino food in general. The menu of Jollibee is all sorts of weird.
>>
File: icecream.jpg (46 KB, 400x458) Image search: [Google]
icecream.jpg
46 KB, 400x458
>>7775333
Jesus christ how horrifying
>>
File: tendies.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
tendies.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>7775333

I would eat those tendies
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.