[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your best salads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1.jpg (255 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
255 KB, 1200x1600
green pepper
tomatoes
cucumber
red onions
italian parsley
feta
lemon juice
some pepper
some olive oil
>>
>baby arugula
>baby spinach
>gorgonzola
>pecan
>apple slices
>vinaigrette
>>
>>7775034
try lemonzest, 1 mashed garlic clove and small radishes in it for an instant upgrade
>>
I just made a salad with some kale, sliced green onion, red bell pepper, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and a citrus vinaigrette.
>>
>>7775034
That's a pretty traditional Greek salad and I think it's great. Have you tried using (fresh) oregano in it? I was also using red wine vinaigrette with the lemon the last few times.
>>
Goat cheese
Everything else is optional
>>
Stole it from a green chef meal but -
Zuchinni & yellow squash peeled into ribbons
Some minced red onion soaked in red wine vingeratte
Mint & basil
When complete, add additional win vingeratte and toss.
>>
>>7775546
yeah but what kind of cheese
>>
>>7775034
If you aren't using vegetables you grew yourself, is it really your best salad?
>>
>>7775185
Had to google aragula - do americans use that term instead of rocket?
I've always wanted to try gorgonzola with apple tho, definitely going to make this one!

>>7775242
Gonna give lemon zest a shot. I am a pilot, so garlic is a little tricky. I usually try to stay away from it.

>>7775544
I guess its somewhere in between a traditional greek salad and the turkish coban salatasi. Oregano sounds interesting, however i always thought it tastes best when dried?
>>
>>7776247
>turkish coban salatasi
I hadn't heard of this. It does look somewhere in between the two.

>Oregano ... tastes best when dried?
This salad is the only time I use it fresh. It still gets infused in the dressing and you get a pop of flavor when you eat a small leaf. It fits better in the general profile of a salad where you want consistency without losing the individual ingredients. With dried, the flavor is evenly dispersed with no variation.
>>
Why do people feel the need to ruin salads with refined oils? Even the acidity components are always overused.
>>
Spinach, mustard greens, julienned carrots, diced apple, other small berries and it goes with an apple/dried chile vinegarette
>>
>>7776217
Implying you can grow the best veggies.
>>
>>7776247
>I am a pilot, so garlic is a little tricky. I usually try to stay away from it.
why is this?
>>
File: caprese.jpg (2 MB, 2573x1709) Image search: [Google]
caprese.jpg
2 MB, 2573x1709
Caprese salad, motherfucker.
Tomato
Fresh mozzarella
Basil
Balsamic
Olive Oil
Salt+Cracked Pepper (sparingly)
A shitload of crushed garlic

If you put anything else in - other herbs, shit like that (imo) - you destroy the balance of flavors. Basil should be larger than in the picture, I like all of the pieces to be as wide as the others. The mozzarella should be marinated in the dressing before serving, but not too long.

Only problem is that the ingredients all need to be super, super fresh - if the tomato isn't flavorful and crisp, if the mozzarella isn't good quality, if the basil isn't nice and big, it's not really worth making.
>>
File: _46414484_007992132-1.jpg (10 KB, 226x170) Image search: [Google]
_46414484_007992132-1.jpg
10 KB, 226x170
>>7776752
>caprese
>Balsamic
>Pepper
>A shitload of crushed garlic
>If you put anything else in - other herbs, shit like that (imo) - you destroy the balance of flavors

>mfw
>>
>>7775034
Garden tomatoes, red onion, olives and beets, all tossed in a bowl with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. You then dump this flavorful concoction on top of your greens and finish with some feta.
Delicious.
>>
>>7776734
2 peeps sitting in a ~6-10qm2 cockpit for many many hours. Would you really like your partner to have a garlic breath?
>>
>>7775034
>that amount of feta

im greek and wew
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.