[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did I fuck up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: eggplant-appetizer.jpg (41 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
eggplant-appetizer.jpg
41 KB, 640x427
I go to a Mexican restaurant with my wife.

I know what I want for my main meal (shrimp & chicken fajitas). I had been considering also getting a cheese quesadilla.

We already have our chips and regular red dipping sauce.

The waiter asks us for our order and asks me if I'd like an appetizer. I go sure, I'll have a cheese quesadilla.

him and my wife look at me like I have three eyeballs. Anyways.

I end up ordering a cheese quesadilla and ask my wife why was I so weird when asking for a cheese quesadilla.

She told me that wasn't an appetizer, that the appetizers were the things listed in the appetizer section of the menu. Literally the only things listed on the appetizer menu were like 10 different kinds of dips. What the fuck is an appetizer?. I had this entire time thought it was a small portion of some type of food to hold you over until the main meal gets there kind of thing?.

The appetizer list literally only had like 10 different dips in the list and that was it?. I told my wife what the fuck. We already have appetizers because we already have dip?.
>>
Tl;dr

You're still a faggot tho
>>
>>7774959

$1 dollar tip for u
>>
>>7774947
>How did I fuck up?

You are a fat fuck who requires a meal to hold you over for a meal.
>>
dang. two faggots in a row. I didn't think /ck/ was /b/-tier. I guess it's official.

So long gaylords.
>>
It's time to get off /ck/ and move on with your life. If she gives you shit next time, tell her to fuck off.
>>
>>7774967
Your wife is going to leave you, but everyone else is the problem? You deserve your fate.
>>
>>7774947

who gives a shit dude?
>>
>>7774979
>>7774981

You guys don't need to keep bumping the thread.

Go talk about lunchables or canned fruits or something.

I don't need advice from you queers. If I wanted advice from queers, I would have gone to /b/. Just let the thread die.
>>
>>7774987

matter of fact there's a fantastic "Corn Hate Thread" that's still up.

>pfffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
>>
>>7774967

Yeah, /ck/ has gotten real bad over the past year. Not real sure what caused it, but there's not much you can do.

As for your conundrum: Not everyone has common sense. Figuring out what words and phrases mean is too hard for some people, and they prefer to be spoonfed information. To an idiot, an appetizer is simply "those things listed under the appetizer section of a menu." You could list a pair of dirty socks under the appetizer section and it would be an appetizer to these grass-grazers. Sorry OP, you married a retard.
>>
op reads like my grandpa telling me a story he forgets as he goes along

wtf are you talking about m8
>>
>>7775033

Thanks for the reasonable advice. AT least I know I'm not the only one who thinks this.

>>7775039

>wtf are you talking about m8

The story is right there?

I tried to make tell it without going tl;dr. It is about food so, I tried to bring it to the right place. I guess next time I'll label it "appetizer hate thread" or some shit and leave it at that.
>>
>>7775059
so the whole story is, you dont know what an appetiser is or how to read a menu?
>>
>>7774947
an appetizer is supposed to be just enough to make you more hungry, get your appetite up and running, not "hold you over until the main meal gets there."
>>
>>7774987

>Go talk about lunchables or canned fruits or something.

lol rekt
>>
>>7775068

>...What the fuck is an appetizer?...

I suppose that's the crux of the matter.

>inb4 Google it

Like I said. I already thought I had the concept down. Now I'm question whether or not the definitions I had previously stored in my brain that I had gotten from sources have lead me to be mistaken on the real meaning of the word "appetizer".
>>
>>7774947

OP how much do you weigh?
>>
>>7774987
>Sour grapes
>>
>>7775094
I don't know, the scale tops out at 400.
>>
>>7775094

170 lbs
>>
>>7775094
240 lbs.
>>
The mom'n'pop Mexican joint in my town does the same. I deduced that this is because the entrees themselves are so large that appetizers are no needed.
>>
>>7775115

Come on man we know that no one who eats a cheese quesadilla as an appetiser is 170 lbs, don't lie to us we're all friends here.
>>
wait hole' up
so you go to a Mexican restaurant and dont get chips and salsa to hold you over?
youz a bustah
I judge restaurants based on the quality of their chips because more likely than not its a tell tale sign of the quality to expect
Warmth on a chip is a definitive good sign
stale chip?
you know the back kitchen is fucked and they are using yesterday or that weeks precooked food and just reheating
Is the salsa watery?
expect premade food
Chips and Salsa are more than just an appetizer its a warning
>>
>>7774947
i sometimes forget how crazy and socially inept the people on this site actually are. theres truly no hope for you.
>>
>>7775148

I eat large meals at a time. I can fit a lot in my stomach. I'm not thin but not fat either. That was at 12:30 pm and will probably go til 900pm or so until I eat again.
>>
>>7775152

Thing is we got the chips and dip. Normally I don't order appetizers but he asked so I figures why not.
>>
>>7774947
>cheese quesadilla

Do you also ask for a 'soda coca cola' or 'beer Heineken'?
>>
>>7774947
An appetiser is another way of referring to an entre. It's there to whet your appetite while the main meal is prepared.
>>
>>7775168

In the menu they had like 6 different types o quesadillas. Steak, beef, etc.
>>
>>7775172
and you chose cheese?
>>
>>7775172
>In the menu they had like 6 different types o quesadillas. Steak, beef, etc.

You do realise that first half of the word 'quesadilla' literally mean 'cheese'?

ques + ada + illa = little cheese thing
>>
>>7775177

Yeah, because anything else would have interfered with me finishing my main meal.
>>
>fat people
>portion control and food etiquette

pick one
>>
>>7775181

Yeah I know. Obviously this place differentiated between it's types of quesadillas so it would make sense I named the one imparticular I wanted.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.