[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your signature dish, /ck/? What do you like to cook when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8
What is your signature dish, /ck/? What do you like to cook when you have to make food for other people, or what dish receives praises from your peers?

I cook a pretty mean mac'n'cheese. I usually use an extra sharp cheddar, with a swiss cheese like Jarlsberg (sometimes the smoked kind) for the sauce. I also put some mozzarella for the stretchiness.

I'll usually add some bacon and brocoli, too (pic related, not mine but looks a lot like it)
>>
>>7774803
Chicken quesadillas with green tomatillo sauce
>>
>>7774811
I have no picture but trust me it's delicious. I use roasted chicken, provolone cheese, corn tortillas drown them in green tomatillo sauce with a dollop of sour cream on top.
>>
>>7774824
sounds awesome!
>>
Spaghetti alla carbonara

>inb4 meme food
I make the pasta from scratch
>>
>>7774824

>quesadilla

>provolone cheese

topkek
>>
>>7774842
I usually use queso Oaxaca but that's hard to find. I'll use any mild cheese tho, including mozzarella, and meunster. Meunster quesadillas are amazing
>>
>>7774803
Bacon cream reduction with sweet potato ravioli

Siracha mac N chez

Tacos
>>
>>7774854
Autist detected
>>
I have a few "signature" dishes, but if I'm feeding people who have typical tastes, I usually smoke and/or grill something, plus sides. That usually pleases people of all kinds. Now, if it's someone/people I know are more adventurous eaters, I'll make something a little more exotic or ethnic, depending.
>>
I don't know. Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken I guess because I'm a lazy fuck. Chicken Marsala is also really easy.
>>
>>7774803
Shrimp Étouffée or pulled pork tacos.

Those are my go-to because they're both quite easy and I often get requests for them.
>>
>>7774803
Kimchi Jiggae, bangbang chicken, porchetta, falafel
>>
"Irish" stew with 100% beer "broth".

I also make a pretty killer risotto.
>>
File: IMG_20160612_135937543.jpg (673 KB, 1306x734) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160612_135937543.jpg
673 KB, 1306x734
roast chicken. I add salt, pepper, rosemary, just enough oil to crisp the skin, garlic, sometimes onion, and red wine. I prefer roasting whole chickens, but legs are cheaper and faster so I usually use those. once it's done, I rest the chicken on a plate and make a basic gravy/pan sauce with the wine and drippings. then I serve it with rice and some kind of salad
>>
>>7774803

My family raves about my meatballs, either for spaghetti or for subs. It's simple stuff, but they are really good.
>>
>>7774958
Do you serve your Irish "stew" in a pint glass?
>>
>>7774803

Sauerkraut Dinner

>pack of pork chops
>pack of bratwurst
>beef bologna or kielbasa
>large can of kraut
>1/4 diced apple
>1/2 diced onion
>minced garlic
>1/4 can of beer
>salt and pepper to taste

Throw that shit all together in a casserole dish and then bake for 1-1.5 hours until the meat is browning.

I like to serve it with:

>homemade spaetzle (saute with mushrooms and onions if you feel fancy)
>buttery mashed potatoes
>steamed green beans (or sometimes squash)
>a good hefeweizen

Fairly easy to prepare aside from the handmade spaetzle. Its a delicious hearty dish that will last you a week. Every bite you take is like a holocaust in your mouth.
>>
>>7775562
You have an easy way to make spaetzle? I love German food, but it just seems so labor intensive.
>>
>>7775540
Perhaps I should but it's T H I C C as fuck.
>>
I like to make hamburger helper without the hamburger
>>
>>7775565

Not really, I spoon the batter out of the dish into boiling water.

Since the recipe makes a ton of food I always have people over when I'm cooking it. I just conscript someone to be the dedicated spaetzle spooner while I do everything else.
>>
>>7774836
I can never seem to make cabonara right. Any tips?
>>
Nothing beats a simple burger with cheese and onion on the inside.
>>
>>7775759
Use good quality cream, I like Land O Lakes
This may sound funny but canned peas retain their freshness better. Hubby's sister turned me on to Green Giant and I've been using it ever since
>>
I only make it 2-3 times a year but my signature dish is ricotta and spinach stuffed cannelloni with bechemel and toamato sauces. I make fresh pasta for it as well these days.
>>
>>7775795
Do you follow a specific recipie? The one I used doesn't even suggest cream...
>>
>>7775807
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/pasta-carbonara/
if you don't like this recipe, you hate america and have literally never set foot here

I'm italian and I endorse this
>>
>>7774946
>김치찌개
>방방치캔

마이 니가
>>
>>7775875
하세요, 방버비다?

For me, I make a bomb Mongolian Beef and Chicken with Gochujang sauce. I also make Turkey Burgers as they're fairly cheap and taste great/keep great.

김치마보시
Second I got a container to try the gf threw it away within a few days, was pissed af

I have 2 verb/conjugation books in the mail right now, just working on this first book on Hangeul and basic words/phrases which i'm at the end of
>>
>>7775795
>Carbonara
>Cream
>Land O Lakes as example of good quality cream
>canned peas
>peas at all
Solid bait, anon.

You need four ingredients. Pasta. Eggs. Pecorino. Guanciale. Black Pepper.
>>
bacon and eggs
>>
>hoagie bun
>canned spaghetti
>hotdog
>top it off with a slice of american cheese
>>
It's not really "signature" but I really enjoy having some poorcunt shit like boiled hotdogs and pair it with a nice custard or something
>>
File: IMG_2732.jpg (125 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2732.jpg
125 KB, 1280x960
a good ass roast
>>
File: IMG_1399.jpg (155 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1399.jpg
155 KB, 1280x960
>>7777111

or this surf and turf thing i do
>>
>>7777111
Nice...
>>
>>7774803
Chicken adobo
>>
>>7774803
Lasagna
>>
I don't cook for others because I'm afraid they won't like it
>>
>>7774803
spaghetti and meatballs.

I know it's easy as fuck to cook, but I'm not claiming to be a great cook. But I do make it really well.

I can also make a tasty as fuck bone-in chicken thigh but the meat does most of the work for me.
>>
>>7777265
Of scratch both of those, I forgot about my meatloaf. Everyone likes mine.
>>
>>7774803
Completely from scratch stir fry and egg noodles. Usually do some chicken breast cubed then whatever fresh veggies that make good color combos: bok choy, mushrooms, bell pepper, snap peas, broccoli, carrots. The sauce is an Asian ginger and orange and soy deal
>>
>>7774803
disclaimer: I try to finnagle my way into situations where cooking breakfast foods are acceptable.

Once you've made eggs benedict more than twice, its near impossible to NOT impress someone with it, especially if you have some dough stored away to make english muffins fresh that morning; and there are near endless variations, so you can fling around whatever ingredients you have handy and usually get a good take on it going. If they're an obesefag, I'll make anjera with a chocolate/strawberry/cinnamon syrup trio with caramelized bananas on the side (its like a breakfast banana split, get it hurr hurr).
>>
>>7777293

Why would you take the time to make noodles, etc, completely from scratch but choose to use chicken breast meat as opposed to other cuts of chicken?
>>
>>7774803
Chicken Alfredo is my best dish. I usually add spinach or mushrooms to it as well.
>>
>>7777301
I don't really know. What other parts should I use? Of a chicken I mean
Really it's about the "yea. Homemade noodles. Fucks with me."
>>
>>7777350

Well, if you're doing a stir-fry I'd suggest using the leg meat, specifically thigh. It's more flavorful than breast. Cheaper than breast. And its higher fat content makes it stir-fry better than breast does.
>>
>>7775795

>cream

lost it here, 10/10
>>
Burritos filled with pork tenderloin, beans, corn and spices/lime/cilantro and cheddar grilled in the oven for a bit and served with spanish rice

I'm especially a fan of cheap instant rice spanish rice, it costs fuck all to make and tastes delicious
>>
>>7774803
Carnitas burritos. Nothing fancy, just burritos
>>
>>7777372
Thanks for that advice senpai
>>
spaghetti, meat sauce, homemade bread & fresh parmigiana cheese. fresh olives on the side (like to add them to my sauce but not everyone likes)
>>
>>7777111
QUADS AND TRIPS SPEAK THE TRUTH
PERFECT MEALS AND TASTY RECIPES ARE IN YOUR FUTURE LAD
>>
File: 12.png (856 KB, 700x621) Image search: [Google]
12.png
856 KB, 700x621
>>7774803
Burgers.
>>
File: 1441443046994.gif (3 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1441443046994.gif
3 MB, 500x281
>>7775795
>cream and peas
>in a fucking carbonara

Nigga no

Carbonara is only pasta, pecorino romano, guanicale (or good bacon if guanicale is unavailable), egg, and LOTS of black pepper. (Also maybe some of the cooking water, depends on how it looks. The cream compensates for overcooking the egg, and peas because you lack self-respect.
>>
Baked Porkchops topped with sage stuffing and cream of mushroom with a side of garlic and cream cheese mashed potatoes.
>>
>>7778760
Is pancetta acceptable?
>>
File: 1461828123162.jpg (125 KB, 772x834) Image search: [Google]
1461828123162.jpg
125 KB, 772x834
>>7778760
Wrong pic. This is what I intended.

>>7778765

Yep, anything in that vein works.

Also if you can't find decent pecorino, then it won't be the same but swapping in good parmesan would be acceptable.
>>
File: IMG_20160216_104911.jpg (74 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160216_104911.jpg
74 KB, 500x375
>>7776125
>You need four ingredients
>lists 5 ingredients
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.