[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 530x298) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 530x298
What why
>>
Forget that. Why does SpongeBob Kraft macaroni and cheese taste better than original?
>>
>>7774367
they need a unique gimmick.
>>
>>7774381
the texture of shaped pasta is way better than those pathetically narrow noodles in the regular box.
>>
>>7774386
This. I always make mac and cheese with character shapes.
>>
Because BK can't compete with McDonald's on brand recognition and can't beat Wendy's on taste. They're just meme Kings
>>
People stopped caring that they brought chicken fries back after years of the public's whining to do so. They need something to make the idiots care again and idiots like neat shaped chicken
>>
>>7774367
They take up more space in the serving packet for less food, it is a money saving move they get to dress up as a zany food experiment people will be curious to try out.
>>
>>7774382
Doesn't White Castle already sell chicken rings?
>>
>>7774400
I don't know. I know burger king was always known for offering onion rings instead of fries. In light of that, chicken rings seems to make sense since they have chicken fries.
>>
I wish they'd bring their old nuggets back before they tried to copy McDonald's style nuggets.
>>
White Castle did it first.

>>7774515
Their tenders were pretty decent.
>>
Did nobody else have chicken rings at their school cafeteria? I ate that shit every time they served it and it was pretty good. When I saw these BK chicken rings (fuck calling them chicken """""fries""""") and my nostalgia had to be sated. Not as good as the ol' cafeteria chicken rings, but I was still satisfied.
>>
>>7775057
I brought my own food to school like most people, so I don't know. only the poor kids that got free lunches would actually eat the school food.
>>
>>7774367
>fast food thread
What why
>>
Gone too far
>>
>>7774400
yes they do and have been for a while
>>
>>7774392
They keep taking them away after bringing them back. It's really fucking annoying.
>>
>>7775074
because this is an american-made board for english-speaking americans.
>>
>>7774367
To match your onion rings. Don't you know anything about plating?
>>
A big marketing point for pretty much every fast food chain is to offer items they know you love in a slightly different form. People buy stuff like this because it's the same tastes that they're accustomed to with the novelty of a new look, shape, or combination.
>>
File: 1465324764005.png (713 KB, 512x768) Image search: [Google]
1465324764005.png
713 KB, 512x768
>>7774367
fatties gonna fat
>>
>>7774367
>What why

Because it's cheaper and faster to extrude and cook mechnically separated chicken (pink slime) in that shape.
>>
>>7774381
Surface. Area.
>>
>>7774381
>SpongeBob Kraft macaroni and cheese taste better than original
it's so true.

and no, >>7775624 it's not surface area, the other character macs that have similar cheese holding crevices are not nearly as good as bob
>>
Because this way people can eat their chicken and wear it too.
>>
>>7774367
>"chicken fries weren't a hit"
>"I know, lets re release them!"
terrible, they taste god awful.

>>7775619
You havent outlawed pink slime yet?
>>
The regular isn't as spicy as they were originally, and the spicy is just overloaded with pepper flakes.

Also just say that shit. "Chicken rings". Nah nigga. Nah.
>>
>>7774386
>>7774389
they should make wagon wheel mac and cheese for people who want that texture but aren't children.
>>
File: 1463896556043.jpg (6 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1463896556043.jpg
6 KB, 240x240
>>7774367
What will t hey think of next!
>>
>>7774515
They didn't copy, it's the exact same nugget. Shape, taste, food cost, cook time, chicken source, breading everything. Only the name on the box is tricking you into think it tastes different.

T. Ex burger meme employee
>>
Say it out loud
>chicken fries rings

What kind of verbal trainwreck is that? Why didn't they just call them chicken rings?
>>
>>7778675
yes
macaroni and cheese
a food so simple the ingredients are the name of the dish

truly this is the most coveted mature dish that adults everywhere will enjoy for how intended for not-children noodles and cheese are
>>
>>7778938
nobody actually says chicken fries rings
you'd have to be retarded to call them that
nobody that has heard of these would be confused if you didn't chicken fries rings
>>
>>7774515
I bought Burger King nuggets today and had the same thought. I remember when they used to be thinner and longer, and tasted better.
>>
>>7778938
Branding issue, I suppose.
I still have no idea why they would waste the time manufacturing and advertising something that is identical to what they already have.
Why not cover them in some other-flavored seasoning?
>>
File: whitecastlechickun.jpg (118 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
whitecastlechickun.jpg
118 KB, 500x375
Because they want to be like White Castle
>>
>>7774386
>pasta
>noodles

Pick one, tard.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.