[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>five guys opened right next door to my house >never eaten
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: FiveGuys.png (377 KB, 475x356) Image search: [Google]
FiveGuys.png
377 KB, 475x356
>five guys opened right next door to my house
>never eaten there
>sister who lives on sweden says its the best fast food burgers on earth

What do i order? Is it like the subway of burger places?
>>
They have a big list of what you can put on them, then you order with that list, and they give you your burger. In terms of fast food id definitely call it better than most.

But ive said it before, and ill say it 900 more times, you're much better off making your own burgers at home with real ingredients
>>
The burger is mediocre. Better then most fast food but nothing amazing. The fries are what make it worth it.
>>
>sister who lives on sweden says its the best fast food burgers on earth
Your sister has eaten exactly one burger in her entire life if she thinks this.
>>
>>7773846

They're good but my god they bury it in salt it's insane how salty they are.

I originally liked their burgers but over time I seem to enjoy them less and less. Buns always wind up soggy.

It'a worth a try. Wahlburgers is my current chain burger of choice.
>>
>>7773834
Can any Australians tell me how 5 guys is compared to grill'd? I'd say grill'd is the best chain burger join here.
>>
>>7773834
whats with americans and putting pickles on burgers, man that shit is disgusting!
>pic related everything needed on a burger
>>
File: burger yo.jpg (119 KB, 750x534) Image search: [Google]
burger yo.jpg
119 KB, 750x534
>>7773985
goddamnit the picture didn't upload for some reason
>>
>>7773986
That huge slice of tomato
That huge slice of raw onion

Better luck next time.
>>
>>7773986
>for some reason
Such a you being a retard?
>>
>>7773834
your sister, while probably pretty hot, is wrong
that beind said, their burgers are definitely on the good side of the spectrum but its fast food so that spectrum is pretty small
>>
>>7773834
Just learn to cook, your stomach and wallet will thank you.
>>
>>7773987
>That huge slice of raw onion
red onion is fucking delicious raw though and works well in burgers
>>
>>7774012
not just one heaping slice; all you taste is onion
needs to be separated a bit
>>
>>7773834
sorry to hear about your sister anon
>>
>>7773834
As a proud burgerman of the Texas-sub species I'm going to have to provide you with a resounding meh. Granted I can get burgers basically anywhere, five guys is overpriced and on par with that californian chain which the name escapes me atm, which is to say they're better than average, but nothing to brag about.
>>
>>7773834

it's competent at best and WAY overpriced for what you're getting
>>
>>7773834
What do you hate freedom or something?
>>
>>7773834
the smell outside the restaurant is usually amazing but the food doesn't live up to it. Wendy's is probably the best burger of the national chains.
>>
>>7773834
>the subway of burger places
In terms of price and quality, this is an accurate description.
>>
Your sister is a worthless brain dead cum-addicted nigger-fucking whore.
>>
>>7773846
I feel the opposite. Its definitely the best burger you can get for under 10 bucks and the fries are the weakest part. I usually just pass on them completely unless I'm with someone to share them since they're expensive but you get a ton.

I found if you go right before closing sometimes the people working there will just give you all the left over fries.
>>
For fast food burgers they are great but it's like £12 and you can just go to a decent independant burger place for that money and get a hoity toity posh burger. There's even better chains in London, both Honest and Byron are around the same price or cheaper and way nicer
>>
>>7773983
Grilld is nothing to talk up
>>
>>7775892
The biggest short coming is the chips, but the burgers are fantastic.
>>
>>7775894
Mustard and pickles is GOAT

Zen hen is OK too
>>
>>7775894
I don't know if it's just the one I go to, but the fray are always undercooked.
>>
>>7775900
I've only really eaten the Mighty Melbourne, been there about 3 times. I'll try mustard and picked next.
>>7775902
Might be. I've always found the Nandos around Melbourne to be shit, while the one in Traralgon to be great.
>>
Its a good burger. Not great or the best, just good.
>>
>>7773834
>best fast food burgers on earth
the best burger i've ever eaten was at some shittly little place in the ghetto in stockton
>>
>>7773834
>Is it like the subway of burger places?
Basically.
>sister who lives on sweden
Pics?
>says its the best fast food burgers on earth
They're the best fast food burgers I've had, but slapping "fast food" into that statement makes it lose a lot of meaning.

>>7773985
Pickles ruin everything they touch.
>>
>>7774390
>Byron are around the same price or cheaper and way nicer

Andre pls

Byrons is very meh, you'll get much nicer burgers in pubs for the same price.
>>
>>7773834
In and out is better
>>
>>7773834
five guys would be pretty good if their prices weren't insane

they're that high because they make their own fries and use peanut oil and less of their ingredients seem frozen, but it honestly only shows in the fries and their burgers are extremely mediocre for literally being $10
>>
>>7773888
But shes eaten more dick than you ;)
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.